pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

3 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

Your method of dumping/repacking is definitely the issue, as I've rebuilt a Pokemon Y CIA no problem just a few days ago. Follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvpH_2QBa90

I use the HackingToolkit from Asia81, and I try rebuilt a Pokemon Y CIA without use pk3DS, and works. It's when I use pk3DS when my CIAs doesn't work.

Maybe I should do something before use pk3DS after extract the files from the .3ds? This is what I get in the folder I use, then I just open pk3DS and select that folder.

0Rh9XCJQQYmJpzmD_KM6ww.png

4 minutes ago, AlejaKaiser said:

I use the HackingToolkit from Asia81, and I try rebuilt a Pokemon Y CIA without use pk3DS, and works. It's when I use pk3DS when my CIAs doesn't work.

Maybe I should do something before use pk3DS after extract the files from the .3ds? This is what I get in the folder I use, then I just open pk3DS and select that folder.

0Rh9XCJQQYmJpzmD_KM6ww.png

Dump game with GodMode9 (trimmed) ->extract contents with HackingToolkit3DS or .NET 3DS Toolkit -> Make edits -> Rebuild a .3DS with 3DS Builder -> Convert .3DS to CIA with 3DS Simple CIA Converter -> Install

I can't replicate your issue so it's something you're editing that's invalid... make sure you're using the latest commit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

Dump game with GodMode9 (trimmed) ->extract contents with HackingToolkit3DS or .NET 3DS Toolkit -> Make edits -> Rebuild a .3DS with 3DS Builder -> Convert .3DS to CIA with 3DS Simple CIA Converter -> Install

I can't replicate your issue so it's something you're editing that's invalid... make sure you're using the latest commit.

I try use 3DS Builder for rebuild a .3DS instead rebuilt directly a .CIA with HackingToolkit3DS, but the program stop work. And if I try rebuild a .3DS with pk3DS, I got that message.

EzZMg7KkRXeefZ_IDTrnYQ.png

Just now, AlejaKaiser said:

I try use 3DS Builder for rebuild a .3DS instead rebuilt directly a .CIA with HackingToolkit3DS, but the program stop work. And if I try rebuild a .3DS with pk3DS, I got that message.

EzZMg7KkRXeefZ_IDTrnYQ.png

Just watch the video I linked...

• Like 1

I am trying to randomize my Pokemon ORAS with Luma Game Patching, and got everything except starters to work. I saw in pk3ds that they are stored in the .cro files, so I tried putting them in /romfs/ on my SD card, but they crashed my game. So, my assumption is that all the .cro files are too much to handle for Luma. Now my problem(s).. which CROs does pk3ds randomize and where do I put them?

1 hour ago, gpgrocker said:

if you only tick, say, Gen 4 when you go to randomize, will it use pokemon introduced in Gen 4, or the Gen 4 pokedex?

The source code is public... It's only 387-493, thus only species introduced in that generation.

I am still having issues when trying to edit SuMo evolution's. I am using the latest build (92) but still having the same crash report. 

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: item
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Evolution_Click>b__40_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 716
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.92, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\New folder\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.92, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\New folder\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

14 hours ago, BlueBraviary said:

Can this support Sun/Moon now?

You're a few months late, buddy. This has had S/M support for a very long time.

6 hours ago, AlejaKaiser said:

Pokémon Moon still crashing on me if I use the Shiny Rate.

Make sure you're using the respective code binary that matches the version you have installed.
No Update Data installed -> Load v1.0 code binary (initial release, included with game dump) with pk3DS
Update Data v1.2 installed -> Load v1.2 code binary (obtained by dumping Update Data with GodMode9) with pk3DS

22 hours ago, Slade0120 said:

so I tried putting them in /romfs/ on my SD card, but they crashed my game

Make sure the CROs match your game's currently installed Update Data. The only two notable ones for Gen 6 are DllPoke3Select.cro and DllField.cro.

I try opening a rom to edit it but nothing happens. What's going on?? It says pick the folder and I choose it, then hit open but nothing actually happens. 

Edit: I think the rom downloaded wrong. Gonna have to try another one.

Edited by BlueBraviary

6 hours ago, BlueBraviary said:

I try opening a rom to edit it but nothing happens. What's going on?? It says pick the folder and I choose it, then hit open but nothing actually happens. 

Edit: I think the rom downloaded wrong. Gonna have to try another one.

Or just dump it yourself...

6 hours ago, BlueBraviary said:

Yeah I did that.

Would need to know what you dumped/extracted the game with (best would be dump with GodMode9 and extract with HackingToolkit3DS or .NET 3DS Toolkit), as well as if you're using the latest build of pk3DS or not.

Oh after dumping I have to extract it before PK3DS will open it? I didn't know that. I did use GM9 to dump.

Edit: After I unpacked it with HackingToolKit, I'm getting told its too big. What's the deal??? And yes it's the latest build. Build 92 right?

Edited by BlueBraviary

2 minutes ago, L. Knight said:

Is there a way to do this with .3ds files to play it on Citra? Don't have, nor intend on, hacking my 3DS.

Since you don't want to hack your 3DS (for whatever reason...): find a dump, extract the contents, edit in pk3DS, and rebuild as a .3DS for Citra.

Just now, sora10pls said:

Since you don't want to hack your 3DS (for whatever reason...): find a dump, extract the contents, edit in pk3DS, and rebuild as a .3DS for Citra.

The level of Chinese that came out to me as is just... boggling.

I already have a .3ds, is there a way to get the dump from THAT?

Edit: Please note, I'm technologically retarded. Anything beyond... Iunno, downloading and extracting a .zip, I need to have my hand held. [That's over exageration, but, I'm still dumb with this crap.]

Edited by L. Knight

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

"I'm so lazy I'd rather commit a crime than try to watch a youtube tutorial"

Figure out how to do it, you'll thank yourself later.

I mean, I own a copy of Omega Ruby, so I'm not commiting a crime, but, sure, insult me instead of helping me.

I've BEEN looking for tutorials and crap. I didn't find anything, why the hell else would I come here?