pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

3 minutes ago, Shin Atomoz said:

For the shiny editor section, what are values are recommended to get the best shiny encounter rate? I read on the github that editing may be necessary step, but I just started this whole process, so if I can do it from the tool that'd be great.

"best" is subjective, pick what feels best to you. No manual edits required, just use the Shiny Rate editor.

• Like 1

Decided to post this here since it really pertains to the forums rather than GitHub and the program's functionality.

- Minor, but the OP is pretty outdated now that pk3DS has Sun/Moon support and a complete UI redesign.

- Any plans on an official release some time soon? It's been a while, long before Sun and Moon even released (cough leaked).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sora10pls said:

Decided to post this here since it really pertains to the forums rather than GitHub and the program's functionality.

- Minor, but the OP is pretty outdated now that pk3DS has Sun/Moon support and a complete UI redesign.

- Any plans on an official release some time soon? It's been a while, long before Sun and Moon even released (cough leaked).

"Official Release" is essentially the latest build; the OP has a link to it and no other builds.

Updated OP with screenshot from github's readme.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

"Official Release" is essentially the latest build; the OP has a link to it and no other builds.

Updated OP with screenshot from github's readme.

I was referring to like how releases were handled for it before, it was similar to PKHeX. I guess PKHeX's code is a lot more grand so big updates make sense for it, unlike this. :)

• Like 1

When I drag my edited garcs into the SaltySD for Sun, I get this error:

error type: generic

process id: 56
process name: niji_loc
process title id: 0x0004000000164800

address: 0x0033df8c
error code: 0xe0e046c1

I've tried changing around the files and using less files each time, but the same error code happens each time...

Sorry to be a bother over this, but these garcs work fine for Moon but not for Sun...

Edited by Shin Atomoz

2 hours ago, xXShiverXx said:

is there a link somewhere to show me how to unpack the exefs file so i can edit shiny rates? (This is for oras) Or did i unpack it and am i just missing something obvious?

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (1).png

Never mind! I figured it out myself! I went in my settings and deleted the patches and then re-dumped it and it worked!

So I extracted the files from my dumped PkmnX cia, edited my starters and some other stuff CRO related, as well as RomFS stuff, then rebuilt the cia and installed through FBI. However, starters didn't change at all. Do i need to do anything else or..?

EDIT: after further looks, it did edit starters for the others, just not mine.

EDIT2: static encounters don't seem to have changed either.

Edited by gpgrocker

2 hours ago, gpgrocker said:

So I extracted the files from my dumped PkmnX cia, edited my starters and some other stuff CRO related, as well as RomFS stuff, then rebuilt the cia and installed through FBI. However, starters didn't change at all. Do i need to do anything else or..?

EDIT: after further looks, it did edit starters for the others, just not mine.

EDIT2: static encounters don't seem to have changed either.

Pretty much every page mentions to remove any installed patches.

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Pretty much every page mentions to remove any installed patches.

do you mean patches in luma\titles\0004000000055D00? cause I don't even have a folder in titles matching X's titleID

EDIT: tested with latest hourly 8.0, no difference. Tested with an old a9lh 3ds, bootlooped instead.

Edited by gpgrocker

5 hours ago, gpgrocker said:

do you mean patches in luma\titles\0004000000055D00? cause I don't even have a folder in titles matching X's titleID

EDIT: tested with latest hourly 8.0, no difference. Tested with an old a9lh 3ds, bootlooped instead.

Game patches (update data)...

I keep getting this error when i randomize wild pokemon...

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(String text, TextDataFormat format)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1648.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------

That's one of them... the other is 

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Wild_Click>b__36_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 631
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.79, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Kieran\Desktop\pk3DS Build 79\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.79, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Kieran\Desktop\pk3DS Build 79\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

Follow up - I re extracted the files and did a build without exefs patching, still ran into the same exception. Is CRO editing not working correctly with latest build and I had a misconception that it was?

EDIT: Same issue with CRO edits excluded

Edited by gpgrocker

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue while following OPERATIONiDROID's guide to dumping and randomizing pokemon sun and moon. I am using sun and when I open pk3DS and click Pokemon Sun Dump, it gives me this error, and also says "Data Found! Loading Persistant"

Exception Details:
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializePersonal() in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS.Core\Game\GameConfig.cs:line 104
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializeAll() in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS.Core\Game\GameConfig.cs:line 98
   at pk3DS.Main.openQuick(String path) in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 219
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 108
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.80, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\User\Desktop\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.80, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\User\Desktop\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

Hi, I have been using PK3DS to make a perfect balanced pokemon ORAS game, and back then it wasn't possible to edit CRO files. Can someone tell me if now it is possible to edit CRO files? if it is can you tell me how or what do I need? 

I know this isn't a tutorial area, but I can't find this information anywhere.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by zoiwillxx

On 2017-07-07 at 9:00 AM, zoiwillxx said:

Hi, I have been using PK3DS to make a perfect balanced pokemon ORAS game, and back then it wasn't possible to edit CRO files. Can someone tell me if now it is possible to edit CRO files? if it is can you tell me how or what do I need? 

I know this isn't a tutorial area, but I can't find this information anywhere.

Thank you for your time!

Latest pk3DS commits have an updated prompt for CRO edits. Read that.

My PK3DS crashes when trying to edit evolutions

Here is the crash report:

Exception Details:
Parameter name: item
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Evolution_Click>b__40_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 716
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.86, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\SUMO\pk3DS.exe

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.86, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Thomas\Desktop\SUMO\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
The program must now close.

I am using the latest version (Build 86)

Thanks in advance

Edited by MaliciousMalamar

Hey, I need help. I had Luma and I try to use PK3DS, but when I randomize, I get that

fJTwlW9eSY_XK60GXn9yeg.png

What I did wrong? I extract the game, rebuild into .cia without modify anything, reencrypt it with D9 and works, but if I use pk3ds not. And if I disable the arm11 exception handlers, endless 3ds logo bucle.

Edit:

This it's what I use:

J0XfwC37QuyXcQAzL4C2rQ.pngxHYPwDnNREGn-p102aXvrA.pngd4Alo3uTTeW2RKJH3lm-ig.png

Edited by AlejaKaiser
Add screens

On 7/11/2017 at 7:05 AM, nauyiep said:

Hello there,

I'd like to report that for the type chart editor the last line for the Fairy type (as offensive) is unreachable, could you please fix it?

Thanks!!!

Can't replicate.

7 hours ago, AlejaKaiser said:

reencrypt it with D9

That's your problem. Once rebuilt as a CIA, just install; don't re-encrypt it.

• Like 1