pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

6 minutes ago, masterdd15 said:

I talked with kaphotics and a problem might be that you're SD card is too small and when making the dump cuts off part of it. Happened to me at least .

Sorry it took me a bit to get back. Work life. I didn't have any luck with any other methods. So still crashing. Also I'm using a 16gb card with nothing else on it aside from the files for Homebrew and Luma and whatnot. I've just kind of given up on it at this point. Oh well. 

I can guarantee my dump is complete and usable. It's not an issue with the dump, it's definitely pk3ds causing the issue. I saw something about selecting "unblock" before unzipping earlier in the thread, and I just want to confirm that I tried it, and it still didn't help.

28 minutes ago, Jalathas said:

I can guarantee my dump is complete and usable. It's not an issue with the dump, it's definitely pk3ds causing the issue. I saw something about selecting "unblock" before unzipping earlier in the thread, and I just want to confirm that I tried it, and it still didn't help.

lots of fellows seem to be having an issue with trainer pokemon randomization. so i think its the software's problem, not the dump file.

3 hours ago, scribblesabs said:

I can't even randomize wild encounters without pk3DS crashing. 

Wilds are causing me a problem too. For now I'm just hoping the next build will fix it, but if @Kaphotics doesn't know what the problem is, I'm not sure that'll happen.

Edit: Actually, I'm stupid. Even closing the Wild Encounters menu without changing anything makes pk3DS crash, which seems like a super important piece of information. It's not the randomizing at all.

Edit2: Finally found a download for the Dec 10th version mentioned last page, which isn't giving me this issue. https://mega.nz/#!Eo8WUbzZ!SDnRu1dvLr-p2YTBc1csEuNj9yscT061iSpzX4LXYB0

Edited by Jalathas

1 hour ago, Jalathas said:

Wilds are causing me a problem too. For now I'm just hoping the next build will fix it, but if @Kaphotics doesn't know what the problem is, I'm not sure that'll happen.

Edit: Actually, I'm stupid. Even closing the Wild Encounters menu without changing anything makes pk3DS crash, which seems like a super important piece of information. It's not the randomizing at all.

I talked to him and the main source of the problem (or at least my problem which seems to be most of yours) is that the dump isn't complete. Some files that I had like the one to contain trainers and static encounters had zero information in them. So if anyone wants to try again with maybe a different method of exporting I would recommend that.

And if that doesn't work he also said you can use someone's files to use in PKHEX and program over you're game. He gave me this link when he googled. If anyone tries this let us know how it goes.

-snip-

Edited by Kaphotics
Warez link

41 minutes ago, Jalathas said:

Edit2: Finally found a download for the Dec 10th version mentioned last page, which isn't giving me this issue. https://mega.nz/#!Eo8WUbzZ!SDnRu1dvLr-p2YTBc1csEuNj9yscT061iSpzX4LXYB0

Wait you got all the tabs to work with that version?

52 minutes ago, masterdd15 said:

I talked to him and the main source of the problem (or at least my problem which seems to be most of yours) is that the dump isn't complete. Some files that I had like the one to contain trainers and static encounters had zero information in them. So if anyone wants to try again with maybe a different method of exporting I would recommend that.

And if that doesn't work he also said you can use someone's files to use in PKHEX and program over you're game. He gave me this link when he googled. If anyone tries this let us know how it goes.

-snip-

I'm sure my issue isn't an incomplete dump. Like I said, I got it working with a different version.

51 minutes ago, masterdd15 said:

Wait you got all the tabs to work with that version?

I haven't had a chance to test yet, but it looks like everything I tried was working. 

Edited by Kaphotics
Warez link

I mean, it didn't crash when I was changing them. I'll see if they're properly changed in game.

EDIT: I'm fucking something up while building the file. Can't tell if it worked because it won't install, sorry. >_<

Edited by Jalathas

The current commits of pk3DS requre a 64 bit operating system as the unpack repack operates via RAM not a saved file. Large GARCs currently cause memory usage spikes which can exceed 2GB of RAM. High memory usage can also be caused by opening and closing editors (garbage collection not reducing memory usage quick enough).

I can't load my romfs and exefs into pk3ds. Before crashing it will show: Value cannot be null, Parameter name: source.

If i ignore the crash warning, it shows: Data found, Loading persistent. The area where there would usually be all of the options for randomizing is just white and so are all of the other tabs.

I am not sure if it was because braindump didn't dump my game properly or if it is a problem with PK3DS. I used the december 10 2016 version. 

Edited by paraki-la
fixed wording

On 9/10/2016 at 10:56 PM, eworm said:

I assume adding ΩRαS-exclusive Megas, forms and items to X/Y would be more complicated than just replacing a few select .cro files? How about at least the updated learnsets?

Have you found out how to do this?

On 14.01.2017 at 11:46 AM, Chronocarrot said:

Hey I just started hacking 7th gen and I need some advice, pk3ds crashes when I open the "Move Stats" window and I get an error message whenever I try to open the "Type Chart" tab

Having the exact same issues. I have a 64bit system, the "December 10th" version, decrypted files, can't think what else I could be missing.

On 23.01.2017 at 9:48 AM, nickdos said:

Have you found out how to do this?

I haven't, unfortunately. But well, now it's SM time anyway.

On 1/16/2017 at 2:33 PM, paraki-la said:

I can't load my romfs and exefs into pk3ds. Before crashing it will show: Value cannot be null, Parameter name: source.

If i ignore the crash warning, it shows: Data found, Loading persistent. The area where there would usually be all of the options for randomizing is just white and so are all of the other tabs.

I am not sure if it was because braindump didn't dump my game properly or if it is a problem with PK3DS. I used the december 10 2016 version. 

I'm having the same problem.

How did you fix it?

I keep trying to randomize my game, but the thing keeps crashing on me and I don't know why. Before it would crash when I tried to save after getting my starter. Now it saves corrupt data, and when I try to initialize my game, it crashes there too. I have no idea why it is doing this but it is really aggravating me because I actually got my most reliable nuzlocke 'mon as my starter. T_T

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me why ORAS (edited with pk3ds and build with Dot Net 3DS ) is running fine with Citra while Sun and Moon don't even open?

I use the same method:

1) extract the rom with Dot Net 3DS

2) edit the extracted rom with pk3ds (for example edit trainers' pokemon or wild encounters)

3) repack the edited rom with Dot Net 3DS

4) open the new rom file with Citra and play!

ORAS works fine. Sun and Moon give me "unknown error" and don't start.