pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

16 minutes ago, masterdd15 said:

Is this a help thread for PK3DS? I had two questions?

1. How do I use the Game Text editor? I am curious as to how to edit text from Lillie or Kukui for example

2. How to I stop PK3DS from crashing when I try to randomize starters or trainers?

1. Dump text -> find string you want to replace -> change it with the text editor

2. Use the latest commits not some random one from YouTube.

Just now, Kaphotics said:

1. Dump text -> find string you want to replace -> change it with the text editor

2. Use the latest commits not some random one from YouTube.

Thanks for the help on Game Text

Could you link me to one by any chance? Sorry I'm really new to this

Also is there any way to change the music with PK3DS?

Again thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, masterdd15 said:

Thanks for the help on Game Text

Could you link me to one by any chance? Sorry I'm really new to this

Also is there any way to change the music with PK3DS?

Again thanks for the help.

You can always download the latest compiled version from @evandixon's CI server by using this link and downloading the zip from the "Artifacts" tab.

Music (or graphics besides Gen6 Title Screen): Not with pk3DS.

I have a question. Whenever I randomize the Wild Encounters option in pk3DS for Pokemon Sun, Pk3ds crashes and closes. What can I do to fix this? If there's specific info I need to supply, let me know and I'll add it. I'm using the most recent version(specifically the one @Kaphotics linked to just a few posts above this one, which actually fixed the first issue I had wherein pk3DS wouldn't recognize Sun). I'm fairly new to this, only having run custom firmware once before years ago on a PSPGO for emulators. Thank you in advance for any help.

Edited by scribblesabs
spelling

36 minutes ago, rpga200 said:

use pk3ds 10 december version ramdomize the wild editor works is fine y the last version edit trainers attack y thats all

The Dec 10 versions of pk3DS are still crashing after randomizing. I'll re-dump my Sun in case its an issue with that. Any other suggestions for me to try in case that doesn't work?

2 hours ago, scribblesabs said:

The Dec 10 versions of pk3DS are still crashing after randomizing. I'll re-dump my Sun in case its an issue with that. Any other suggestions for me to try in case that doesn't work?

So I have now dumped my Pokemon Sun twice and pk3DS is still crashing after randomizing the wild encounters. I've used both the most recent version and the Dec 10 version as @rpga200 has suggested, and it is still crashing on both versions. Does anyone have a fix or suggestion for this?

I'm encountering the same crash after randomizing issue, I was just coming here to mention it actually. Currently using Build 121 from the above link. I was also wondering if it's possible to randomize the SOS tables to be the same as the initial table, without manually going to each page and selecting "copy initial to SOS".

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or if it is a total noob question, but I can't seem to get the TM randomizing to work in X/Y. I rebuilt the exefs, but I can't figure out how I am supposed access it through hans. I may be missing something but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere, any help would be appreciated.

Hiya, earlier today I used PK3DS to randomize pokemon attacks in Sun. When I click Randomize, it will indeed change all of the moves to my specifications but only the first move has a learn level. All the rest of the moves they can learn are automatically set to 0. Is there some way to prevent this, or is it a known bug that will be fixed in the future?

1 hour ago, masterdd15 said:

To anyone who's been having the crash problem, what did you use to export your dump of your 3DS? And to anyone who succeeded, what did you use? We might as well try to figure it out together. I used brain dump and it didn't work.

I also used Braindump. The dump process itself went fine, but yeah pk3DS crashes after randomization. What other programs are there for dumping a game? I'll gladly try another one to see if that's the issue. 

2 minutes ago, scribblesabs said:

I also used Braindump. The dump process itself went fine, but yeah pk3DS crashes after randomization. What other programs are there for dumping a game? I'll gladly try another one to see if that's the issue. 

There's also a program called decrypt9 I think? When I followed the tutorial to install CFW it installed it for me. It has many different options to dump a game. I tried dumping it to .cia then converting. It got the wild encounters window to work but not trainers and static encounters. If anyone has something they used that worked please share 

5 minutes ago, masterdd15 said:

There's also a program called decrypt9 I think? When I followed the tutorial to install CFW it installed it for me. It has many different options to dump a game. I tried dumping it to .cia then converting. It got the wild encounters window to work but not trainers and static encounters. If anyone has something they used that worked please share 

I think Decrypt9 is installed on mine too. I'll give it a go on a couple different pk3DS builds and see if I have the same issue with trainers and static.

1 hour ago, scribblesabs said:

I think Decrypt9 is installed on mine too. I'll give it a go on a couple different pk3DS builds and see if I have the same issue with trainers and static.

Did you try that? I know there are many different ways to export using decrypt9 so did any of them work?