pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Glad to see this place is back up a d running. I had finally convinced myself to make a profile only to find out it was down.. anyways!

I'm looking for the latest version of Pk3ds but I can't seem to find anything. I want to tweak a few things like move types and strength, Pokemon types, base stats, and exp growth rates to march how I had things in XY/Oras. Am I not looking hard enough, or is SuMo not pk3ds compatible yet? I thought I'd heard that Dray was working on a romhack, so I assumed it was. Any help would be great, guys. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Codoro said:

Glad to see this place is back up a d running. I had finally convinced myself to make a profile only to find out it was down.. anyways!

I'm looking for the latest version of Pk3ds but I can't seem to find anything. I want to tweak a few things like move types and strength, Pokemon types, base stats, and exp growth rates to march how I had things in XY/Oras. Am I not looking hard enough, or is SuMo not pk3ds compatible yet? I thought I'd heard that Dray was working on a romhack, so I assumed it was. Any help would be great, guys. Thanks!

https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS

Apparently the latest "stable release" is from 2015, yet people are editing S/M with what I assume is the files I downloaded with pk3master folder. I can't seem to open any of these files with any program I have installed however. If they can be put together into the editor, then how?

Any idea? I can't find any on this thread or anywhere else on the net. 

On 20.2.2015 at 5:51 AM, Cybore said:

For some reason my pk3ds does not display the correct ability for quite a few Pokemon on the trainer editor. For example, for Gyrados, the abilities displayed are any, parental bond (1), parental bond (2), and parental bond (h). Fortunately the right ability is selected despite the incorrect name; selecting parental bond 1 = intimidate. I was wondering if other people had this problem or there was something wrong with my setup.

you need to install Microsoft Visual Studio und then open the .sln file. And ofter it finished loading you click on the gree arrow that says "star". Thats at least the way I use because I'm to dumb to compile it to en .exe^^

Is PK3DS supposed to crash when trying to click on Personal Stats when loading a folder with S/M files? Most other functions seem to operate for me, but this one won't.

I'm using the program compiled by Asia81 2 or so weeks ago here. I've got Visual Studio downloaded after a lot of searching around but don't know how to do the compiling myself. I don't know if that version is obsolete and if a new one (not shared by anyone so far) could pull it off. 

i have some backups so it's not a huge deal, but i somehow corrupted trclass, trpoke and trdata and they cause pk3ds to crash on opening it/opening trainer data

is there a way to somehow recover these? i doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask

To compile this,download https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48146 (web or iso,and then install only the first option,uncheck the rest of the tools,not needed)

Then download https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/archive/master.zip

Extract everything and doble click in "pk3DS.sln" and press "control+shift+b" in the visual studio.

The compiled exe is in pk3DS-master\pk3DS\bin\Debug\pk3DS.exe

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

when I randomize pokemon moon (starters, personal settings (tm randomizing), trainers, wild encounters), my game blackscreens after the 3ds logo. I am using luma3ds 6.6 and I made the .cia by converting it from a .3ds built from asia's 3dsb packhack option. Any tips?

Edit: Fixed

I'm having some issues with SMTE in pk3DS

This started happening yesterday, whenever I go to edit a trainer battle with pk3DS, starting the battle in game just crashes it before it even shows the intro sequence for the battle model. I've have had no issues with this in the past, It just kind of randomly started doing this.

I know the issue isn't with my romfs in general, because I was able to repack and install the unedited romfs, but the edited one crashes the game when I go to battle the trainer I edited.

The stuff I am changing is the Pokemon, and the trainer class (specifically Pokemon Trainer - 140, to  Ace Trainer - 005)

I am editing the battle against Guzma in postgame

I've spend at least 10 hours yesterday trying to fix this yesterday but to no avail. The version of pk3DS I am using is a commit from like a week and a half ago, but I have not had any issues with it up until now

Someone please help me I have no idea what else to try so I am asking here.

Edited by CrystalLink

On 12/11/2016 at 3:52 PM, Furenzu said:

when I randomize pokemon moon (starters, personal settings (tm randomizing), trainers, wild encounters), my game blackscreens after the 3ds logo. I am using luma3ds 6.6 and I made the .cia by converting it from a .3ds built from asia's 3dsb packhack option. Any tips?

I'm going to guess that randomizing trainers doesn't work yet.

Is it simply too early to expect PK3DS to work with Gen 7 at this point?

I did some edits in Pokemon Editor and also changed evolution methods in its editor, and the game won't even load when I install its .cia on my CFW. 

I suppose we should wait for the official release instead of using people's builds since it's still too unstable to be used? I don't think I rebuilt it wrongly... 

• 2 weeks later...

So i tried to randomize sun and moon, using pk3ds, however for some reason when i rebuild the romfs with using pk3ds and launch it using hans it freezes after "invalidate icache". it work fine for x/Y/oras. Anyone an idea how to fix this. using an old 2DS firmware 11.0.0-33e. homebrew installed via browserhax

51 minutes ago, hotcar50 said:

So i tried to randomize sun and moon, using pk3ds, however for some reason when i rebuild the romfs with using pk3ds and launch it using hans it freezes after "invalidate icache". it work fine for x/Y/oras. Anyone an idea how to fix this. using an old 2DS firmware 11.0.0-33e. homebrew installed via browserhax

HANS doesn't work for extended memory games on the old 3DS.

So i tried to randomize sun and moon, using pk3ds, however for some reason when i rebuild the romfs with using pk3ds and launch it using hans  "configure hans romfs region code.bin " prees ok and returns the homebrew launcher screen . it work fine for X/Y/oras. Anyone an idea how to fix this. using an new 3ds XL firmware 11.2.0-35U. homebrew 2.8 installed via cubic ninja.

Hi! Does anyone know where is Rada trainer data in the trainer tab. I can't seem to find it.

Edit: The lastest version of Pk3ds seems to have Rada's pokemon. She doesn't appear as a trainer but her pokemon are 0 and 1 I think. I will update this when I check

Edited by Tundraviolet

so i'm using Pk3DS to randomize Sun and Moon, and it's working in all but one regard. When I randomize trainers, it works, but the levels of the pokemon are way higher than they should be. Lass Madison on route 1 gets randomized and suddenly has level 19 pokemon. I can't really find any options in the program to fix this, and I unchecked the box that says "50% level multiplier" (not even sure what that means). Any idea on how to fix this? thanks