pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

I'm a begginer in this subject and I only know how to extract the romfs and exefs folders with braindump+some commands on CMD and editing a rom with Pk3ds and rebuild the romfs. That part is ok, but I couldn't see the options for editing TM/HM, Market and Pickup. Some pages ago I learned how to edit those options by renaming the exefs folder and .code.bin file. I can click Rebuild Romfs and click Rebuild Exefs, but I don't know what to do with these 2 files now. Can anyone help me? If this is not the right place to ask this question, can someone tell me where I can ask for help? Thanks!

What game/region are you using?

EDIT: Actually never mind. What you need to do is rename your REBUILT Romfs file, depending on the game you're using. Here's a list of the games (all capital letters are important!)

OR - 0011C400.romfs

AS - 0011C500.romfs

X - 00055D00.romfs

Y - 00055E00.romfs

After that, you need to do is download HxD (google it) and follow STEP 6 of this tutorial.

http://wololo.net/2015/10/28/tutorial-hack-pack-3ds-rom-use-hans/

Then after that you need to go into the exefs/exe/exedir folder (whatever it's called, the one that pk3ds is directed to), and change your .code.bin file similarly to the romfs file above. Rebuilding your Exefs doesn't have anything to do with this, ignore that.

For example, if you're changing Omega Ruby, you'll want to name your .code.bin file to 0011C400.code (yes, you're changing the file to a .code).

After that I think you can just stick those two files (0011C400.romfs and 0011C400.code if you're playing Omega Ruby) in your SD card and you're good to set up the game with Hans or whatever it is you're doing.

If you need instructions on that, too, then here:

1. Make a folder on your SD card root called Hans

2. Put your .romfs and .code files into this folder

3. Put your SD card back into your 3DS and start up homebrew and Hans, choose your Pokemon game and make sure the cartridge is in

4. Change the Code -> SD and Romfs -> SD options to yes

5. Hit OK, play the game

Hope this helps, and I hope I didn't phrase any of this in a confusing way.

What game/region are you using?

EDIT: Actually never mind. What you need to do is rename your REBUILT Romfs file, depending on the game you're using. Here's a list of the games (all capital letters are important!)

OR - 0011C400.romfs

AS - 0011C500.romfs

X - 00055D00.romfs

Y - 00055E00.romfs

After that, you need to do is download HxD (google it) and follow STEP 6 of this tutorial.

http://wololo.net/2015/10/28/tutorial-hack-pack-3ds-rom-use-hans/

Then after that you need to go into the exefs/exe/exedir folder (whatever it's called, the one that pk3ds is directed to), and change your .code.bin file similarly to the romfs file above. Rebuilding your Exefs doesn't have anything to do with this, ignore that.

For example, if you're changing Omega Ruby, you'll want to name your .code.bin file to 0011C400.code (yes, you're changing the file to a .code).

After that I think you can just stick those two files (0011C400.romfs and 0011C400.code if you're playing Omega Ruby) in your SD card and you're good to set up the game with Hans or whatever it is you're doing.

If you need instructions on that, too, then here:

1. Make a folder on your SD card root called Hans

2. Put your .romfs and .code files into this folder

3. Put your SD card back into your 3DS and start up homebrew and Hans, choose your Pokemon game and make sure the cartridge is in

4. Change the Code -> SD and Romfs -> SD options to yes

5. Hit OK, play the game

Hope this helps, and I hope I didn't phrase any of this in a confusing way.

I'm already knew that Hans stuff to play the game in the 3ds, I just didn't know how to deal with the .code file, thank you very much, now all the editions are working here :D

Hey guys I'm needing some help with the Trainer Randomize option. Whenever I randomize the trainer pokemon levels are insanely high, especially for trainers early on. Like the first double battle after coming out of the forest both pokemon are level 96. This is confusing because im disabling the max IV and Level percentage. What am I missing here? Thanks!

TIWqK7X.png

SDp0Wpv.png

Forgot to mention this is for Alpha Sapphire :)

Edit:

I've sort of found a way around this, but some trainers are still very high leveled, I re-randomized it but put in -50 for the Level Multiplier and it's taken the levels down to more realistic numbers. First Battle with May is now level 13 but first double battle is still high at level 45.. I think I've just messed it up from randomizing too much LOL maybe I should start from scratch..sigh

Hello, I have randomized my Pokémon Alpha Sapphire ROM using pk3DS and everytime I launch the game via HANS it freezes where the door opens. I have no clue how to fix it. Also ROM Hacks work so it is not the problem of my SD card or so. Are there any rules that I have to keep in mind while randomizing or anything that will kill the ROM? I thank everybody that helps already.

This might be off-topic, but what trainers can one best edit if they want to create a custom trainer battle? I'm thinking about Elite Four and the daily Battle Resort guys.

Honestly, I'd say any Trainer on any Route that can be re-battled and appears on your AreaNav should do nicely. You just need to make sure that you edit the correct instance of that specific Trainer.

Can someone help me? I want to add a custom mega evolution into the game but I don't know how to do it. I know it has something with changing the model of another pokemon and making the pokemon change into that except I don't know how to make the pokemon mega evolve into a different one. If you don't understand what I'm saying, here is an example: I want infernape to mega evolve but i don't know how to make infernape evolve into a different pokemon. I can only evolve it into itself. Please help

Hello ! I made convert pkmn 3DS hackroms as .cia but I was thinking that it will be a good idea to provide a modified update instead of a full rom. But the problème is that the ".code.bin" of the exefs folder is not the same and so not supported by the soft.

Do you plan to add a support for pokemon updates ? If it's not too hard to do, it could be great !

Thank you for you attention and or this cool soft ! ^^

I've noticed that certain Pokémon (such as Flabébé, Florges and Gastrodon) don't have their alternate forms listed after Volcanion. Does this mean that any modifications I make to their species will affect all of their possible forms?

E.g. if I made Florges into a Fairy/Grass type, would this new typing be given to all 5 of its forms?

I've noticed that certain Pokémon (such as Flabébé, Florges and Gastrodon) don't have their alternate forms listed after Volcanion. Does this mean that any modifications I make to their species will affect all of their possible forms?

E.g. if I made Florges into a Fairy/Grass type, would this new typing be given to all 5 of its forms?

Correct, some forms are cosmetic only and all attributes are the same.

So I'm trying to make tweaks to Pokemon stats for a personal rebalance project that I've been working on. Some of the stats stay after I've changed them, however others will not. For example, when trying to raise Venusaur's Sp Atk to 120, after exiting the Personal Stats window and reloading it, it has been changed back to 80. This happens everytime. Any idea why this is? Could it be that there is an inherent stat limit for each species? Or is the a random error?

So I'm trying to make tweaks to Pokemon stats for a personal rebalance project that I've been working on. Some of the stats stay after I've changed them, however others will not. For example, when trying to raise Venusaur's Sp Atk to 120, after exiting the Personal Stats window and reloading it, it has been changed back to 80. This happens everytime. Any idea why this is? Could it be that there is an inherent stat limit for each species? Or is the a random error?

Be sure you are using the latest posted version. I was unable to replicate your issue.

Okay. So my previous issue is fixed. I'm able to edit the rom now. However. Whenever I rebuild my rom and convert it to CIA using the Simple 3DS to CIA converter, I can't play it. It gives me "An error has occurred. Please turn off the DS and restart." I've tried to versions of the CIA, both with generated xorpads and without. The original ROM is dumped from my own legit Alpha Sapphire game. Any idea what is causing this?