pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Thanks for the hard work ^^

A question: How can I edit Unown Form's stats? I want to modify a few Unown to add custom megaevolutions in their model and stats (For example, use Unown E and F to put Espeon and a MegaEspeon)

Forms that aren't accessible in the Personal editor don't exist; nothing is hidden in that editor.

Oh, I understand. Thanks a lot :)

Another question, can you put in the personal editor a "Form Editor"? Let me explain. I'm trying do custom megas using Pokemon with alternative form like Floette or Gourgeist, but its so boring swap so many files for do this. Its possible edit for example Floette AZ to be an Alternative form of another pokemon without need swap models and stats? Thanks for your attention ^^

Can somebody help me?

Any changes that i do to code.bin with this prog crash Pokemon AS game...

I try change items on Mart and game freeze after boot logo...

Some bug in this tool?

(i have exe folder and yeah it's .code.bin)

But any change in Mart don't usable in game...

is there a site for free download of 3DS emulator and X/Y roms, Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby?
It requires Gateway.

With a little conversion work, all you need is a 3DS that can run homebrew.

You can use braindump to get the romfs of a legit game, and hans to run your game with the edits made using pk3DS.

I've been working on a tool to make the whole process simpler. Right now it can unpack your romfs and exefs, open (a slightly older version) of pk3DS directing it where it needs to be, and generate a ROM patcher (that currently only works with .3ds files). Hans support is on my to-do list. If you want to try it out, you'll have to find/follow tutorials on how to repack the romfs to be hans-compatible.

I'm running my randomizer through Hans in Homebrew.

In wild battles I see every form randomly of pokemon such as cherrim. However no wild mega forms appear. Anybody help?

Before I am asked I did check wild mega forms when randomizing and pokemon such as charizard have 31 in the form box.

The Important Battles Have 6 Pokemon function is really handy and it works, but in my latest attempt Roxanne ended up with a level 28. I had to level to 28 for the gym to beat it; normally I'd just make the level boost multiplier lower, but the gym leaders are disproportionately overlevelled compared to all the fights between them if you level appropriately, making the meat of the game incredibly easy. A lower multiplier would leave me with the same problem due to the extra pokemon getting progressively stronger.

Is there a way to get the extra added pokemon to only be one or two levels above their strongest pokemon?

The Important Battles Have 6 Pokemon function is really handy and it works, but in my latest attempt Roxanne ended up with a level 28. I had to level to 28 for the gym to beat it; normally I'd just make the level boost multiplier lower, but the gym leaders are disproportionately overlevelled compared to all the fights between them if you level appropriately, making the meat of the game incredibly easy. A lower multiplier would leave me with the same problem due to the extra pokemon getting progressively stronger.

Is there a way to get the extra added pokemon to only be one or two levels above their strongest pokemon?

I agree, there should be some extra options for this option. The first gym was terrifying lol

I'm not entirely sure how feasible implementing this would be, but do you think that a feature for the "Level Up Moves" editor could be added that gives all Pokemon with updated level up moves in ORAS the same level up moves in XY?

Examples:

- Gyarados learns Hydro Pump at Level 41 in XY, while it learns Hydro Pump at Level 44 in ORAS (due to Crunch [ORAS exclusive] being learned at Level 41).

- Nuzleaf learns Feint Attack at Level 31 in XY, while it learns Feint Attack at Level 24 in ORAS (due to Leaf Blade [ORAS exclusive] being learned at Level 28).

The click of a button could simply replace the Pokemon's XY level up moves with its ORAS level up moves.

Note: I'm aware of Kyogre and Groudon having Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades respectively, although those two Pokemon could simply be excluded from the list.

I'm having the same issue as RJZ-20.

I've seen many wild Pokemon that are potential Mega Evos (Absol, Lucario, Charizard, Heracross, Medicham), and encountered each of them several times to try to confirm it, and none of them have appeared as a Mega. I checked "Random Mega Forms" before randomizing and each of those Pokemon I mentioned have 31 in their "Forme" box.

Other Pokemon that have varied non-Mega formes like Furfrou and Arceus have shown up in their various formes (though it appears to be purely cosmetic in Arceus' case, I caught one that has an Arceus-Dark model yet is still Normal type). This issue seems to only exist with Mega Pokemon.

Mega Pokemon DO count as just another "forme", right? I'm not really knowledgeable on the subject.

I'm also running my randomizer through Hans in homebrew, and I'm playing Pokemon X. Any ideas on what's up?

It's entirely possible that the '31' forme setting doesn't work for Mega pokemon as it's not a typical forme. It's not ideal to have 100% mega or 100% nonmega forms in the wild (as there appears to be no 'random' forme setting).

Similar for Arceus, probably just the way the game is coded.

Okay, so having Mega Pokemon show up is likely not possible if you're just randomizing? Unfortunate.

Could I still set an encounter slot to have a specific Mega Pokemon in it manually? If so, could you let me know how I'd go about doing that?

Okay, so having Mega Pokemon show up is likely not possible if you're just randomizing? Unfortunate.

Could I still set an encounter slot to have a specific Mega Pokemon in it manually? If so, could you let me know how I'd go about doing that?

Example:

Charizard has its normal and 2 megas.

Forme 0: Normal Charizard

Forme 1: X(?)

Forme 2: Y(?)

That's how you do perma mega formes.

what does the "Use Effect" Does?

Similar to this, every item can have an EFFECT when it is USED outside of battle.

1 - Medicine

2 - TM's

3 - Bike

4 - Sweet Scent (Honey)

5 - EXP Share

6 - Evolution Item

7 - Escape Rope / Mail (Unused)

8 - Berries

9 - Eon Flute

10 - Black/White Flute

18 - Fishing Rods

24 - Gracidea/Reveal Glass/Prison Bottle

25 - Dowsing Machine

26 - DNA Splicers

Would it be possible if you can add an option to select the people you don't want to randomize? It would be great cause I want to randomize everyone except for the Gym Leaders, Rivals, etc.