pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Is it possible to add a option to the Randomizer to add 6 pokemon to any significant battles in the game (Rival, Gym, etc) that doesn't have 6 pokemon by default?

Idea of how to do it if it's possible or in the scope of the program: add pokemon by the BST of the last few pokemon in the team that it'd be the highest difficulty as the rest of the team.

Implemented in latest commit.

Also, an option to scale the levels of wild pokemon up by % if possible? Would just make things more consistent if you've also boosted trainer battles.

Already implemented, tweaks are in the Horde Tab.

Edit: Added RSTE option to have random megas on teams (already mega evolved), off by default. Not adding it to the Wild Editors unless there's confirmation that formes do not count towards the dexnav 20 species cap.

Edit: Added RSTE option to have random megas on teams (already mega evolved), off by default. Not adding it to the Wild Editors unless there's confirmation that formes do not count towards the dexnav 20 species cap.

Just tried it and I can confirm: Different formes are only shown as one species. I've put Charizard, Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y on the first three slots in Route 101 and it only shows 1 Charizard on the DexNav. Interestingly enough, when I use the DexNav and look for Charizard I can only find Mega Charizard Y, the last of the three slots. Apparently you can also set the Forme to 31, to make all formes appear at random. This is used in the Unown Mirage Cave for example.

Would it be possible to restrict type themes to only Gym Leaders/Elite 4?

Just tried it and I can confirm: Different formes are only shown as one species. I've put Charizard, Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y on the first three slots in Route 101 and it only shows 1 Charizard on the DexNav. Interestingly enough, when I use the DexNav and look for Charizard I can only find Mega Charizard Y, the last of the three slots. Apparently you can also set the Forme to 31, to make all formes appear at random. This is used in the Unown Mirage Cave for example.

Good to hear, thanks for letting me know.

Implemented 'random forms + mega' as another checkbox in the Randomizer options. As a side effect, randomize every formed Pokemon better than the original settings.

Good to hear, thanks for letting me know.

Implemented 'random forms + mega' as another checkbox in the Randomizer options. As a side effect, randomize every formed Pokemon better than the original settings.

Failed to build in SharpDevelop:

'pk3DS.RSTE' does not contain a definition for 'rTypeGymE4Only' (CS0117) - \pk3DS\Subforms\TrainerRand.cs:66,18

Committed remaining code ;\

Theme Gym/E4 Only option is always greyed out for me on the latest commit. :c

Edit: Latest commit as of time of editing fixed the checkbox, but trying to randomize with only E4/Gym Leaders themed gave an unhandled exception. Dunno if this is relevant at this time but I thought I'd put it here just in case.

Edited by InfiniRien

I compiled PK3DS from GitHub, and with the feature I requested and at least for OR/AS (6 pokemon in important battles) all extra pokemon implemented are level 1 for all battles they are in for:

http://puu.sh/lvKCA/4887f562fe.png Original pokemon with level scaling randomizer option

http://puu.sh/lvKCY/1894968be4.png Additional pokemon that were added with the important battle 6 pokemon feature.

Small oversight, I guess? Even with Level scaling by 50% checked they still remain level 1, and with the important 6 pokemon unchecked. basically, same result no matter what. I also figure it would defeat the point as well if you had to go back and level scale them after you randomize + level scale, as it'd scale every other pokemon up again.

So, having it also include the six pokemon in a base min/max range (1-5 sounds good?) of the levels of the last pokemon on the original team would be fine on top of what's already implemented? (i.e lv.51 orginal pokemon, 53 original poke, 55 randomized poke, 54, 56, 57, 54) and so on.

I compiled PK3DS from GitHub, and with the feature I requested and at least for OR/AS (6 pokemon in important battles) all extra pokemon implemented are level 1 for all battles they are in for:

http://puu.sh/lvKCA/4887f562fe.png Original pokemon with level scaling randomizer option

http://puu.sh/lvKCY/1894968be4.png Additional pokemon that were added with the important battle 6 pokemon feature.

Small oversight, I guess? Even with Level scaling by 50% checked they still remain level 1, and with the important 6 pokemon unchecked. basically, same result no matter what. I also figure it would defeat the point as well if you had to go back and level scale them after you randomize + level scale, as it'd scale every other pokemon up again.

So, having it also include the six pokemon in a base min/max range (1-5 sounds good?) of the levels of the last pokemon on the original team would be fine on top of what's already implemented? (i.e lv.51 orginal pokemon, 53 original poke, 55 randomized poke, 54, 56, 57, 54) and so on.

Fixed in latest commit. I went with an increment of +1 so that the first few gyms don't fluctuate that intensely.

Thanks for reporting :)

Unhandled Exception on the latest commit after trying to randomize a fresh dump with 6 pkmn + Only E4/Gym Leaders themed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at pk3DS.RSTE.Randomize()

at pk3DS.RSTE.B_Randomize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Unhandeled exception i've experienced for a while now here too

Reproduce by clicking Bias by Type on/off, in level up move editor.

http://puu.sh/lwwXU/1759319b98.png

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '0' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.

Parameter name: Value

at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)

at pk3DS.LevelUp.CHK_TypeBias_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I was looking through the Forms List and noticed that Arceus-Fairy was missing. Just a quick heads up :P

Fixed, thanks :)

Will it be possible to add custom primals, similar to custom megas?

Find where that data is and how it should be edited; only then can it be possible to add it to the program.

Is it possible to add config remembrance to the checkboxes? When you're going through and randomizing things again and you don't want certain things like "Types" for pokemon randomized and forget that the checkboxes get reset to default each time you leave that form it can be frustrating, especially if you're changing many of the settings :S

Updated OP with latest version.

12-02-15:

- Fixed: OWSE: Map Permission Dumping

- Fixed: Tools: Thread tracking

- Added: RSTE Expanding important teams to 6 Pokemon.

- Added: RSTE Allow random Mega (default) formes.

- Added: **WE: Arceus-Fairy to formes list.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I am having trouble copying my romfs file to the SD card for my 3DS after running it through pk3DS. It's a 16GB official Nintendo SD card that came with it and when I try to copy the file over, it fails about 3/4 through. Most info about the error has to do with copying a 4+GB file to a Fat32 drive, which I know is the maximum file size, but the romfs file is only 1.8 GB.

The error I end up with is "the destination you have specified does not exist", and I have to reconnect the SD-USB adapter to the PC to get it to show up again. I tried splitting the Romfs file into two .rar files and transferring it over that way and it transferred fine, but when I went to extract it, it once again gave the same error.

I can't figure out why it would be giving this error, considering when I did the original rom dump I had a 1.8 GB file on the SD card without issue.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I am having trouble copying my romfs file to the SD card for my 3DS after running it through pk3DS. It's a 16GB official Nintendo SD card that came with it and when I try to copy the file over, it fails about 3/4 through. Most info about the error has to do with copying a 4+GB file to a Fat32 drive, which I know is the maximum file size, but the romfs file is only 1.8 GB.

The error I end up with is "the destination you have specified does not exist", and I have to reconnect the SD-USB adapter to the PC to get it to show up again. I tried splitting the Romfs file into two .rar files and transferring it over that way and it transferred fine, but when I went to extract it, it once again gave the same error.

I can't figure out why it would be giving this error, considering when I did the original rom dump I had a 1.8 GB file on the SD card without issue.

Sounds like your sd adapter is a little iffy. Try using another one, if you are able.

Sounds like your sd adapter is a little iffy. Try using another one, if you are able.

Thanks for replying.

That's what I thought at first, but I can let it sit there for hours transferring large amounts of smaller files that take up the same amount of space and there's no problem. I don't have another adapter unfortunately :(

EDIT: Turns out an old laptop of mine has a SD card slot. Transferred the file properly now. Unfortunately it seems I've messed something up along the way! Back to the drawing board (and the research)!

Edited by Kiesman

Good news everyone! I've successfully randomized my Omega Ruby game! I encountered an Aron on route 101 right at the beginning! Not sure if the level-enhancements worked though, because it was only level 2. If anyone happens to need any help with their randomization (Dumping etc) feel free to shoot me a private message!

Edit: I've definitely messed up the level enhancements, May's first Pokemon (an Eelektross, good lord) was only level 3. I ran the trainer randomizer a few times with some crashes so I think I'll just re-do the entire thing now that I know how to do it.