pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

??

There's no way to have dynamic species based on your level or team Base Stat Total.

You can still randomize with BST checked, which will replace the opponent's Pokémon with a similar BST.

My bad, and I meant just replace with equivalent strength to their original pokemon not based on anything dynamic. I didn't know what the acronym BST meant, and I probably should have asked that instead of derping. So I refered to that feature as "Equivalent strength to original pokemon" like Dabombstew's does.

I've been having an issue with .code.bins with PK3DS + ORAS, but I don't know if it's just not a user error. I'm trying to repack the updates romFS + the game, randomized. the romFS repack fine with pk3ds, but placing it into hans and the game infinitely hangs before a menu comes up, but it gets through loading in HANS.

I often also seem to get .code.bin's that PK3DS can never seem to load besides the first time before I have edited them, compressed, or decompressed. It always just asks to do that but never allows me to do any exefs editing even after letting it do. The ~5312kb size remains in tact, for the final file. Sometimes they don't compress back into that size either, and end up around the ~5000kb range.

Edited by Acry

Not to doubt you since you clearly have more experience, but it seems a few users claiming, in the comments, to have had success with editing CRO files by using the program in tandem with PK3DS. Are they lying or is it possible?

It's probably the kind of thing where it works in some very specific cases and fails in all others. It's also easier for the developer to say it's not finished than to try to support an experimental feature.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.)

Not to doubt you since you clearly have more experience, but it seems a few users claiming, in the comments, to have had success with editing CRO files by using the program in tandem with PK3DS. Are they lying or is it possible?

For the starters, initial versions of pk3DS edited a section of the CRO which is not verified. However, this was an incomplete edit as it only changed the models displayed at the starter selection screen.

Starter editing is still not possible. Only way is to swap models and text to fake that they've been edited.

whenever I use the randomizer, none of the wild pokemon ever randomize as megas, and I dont think ive really seen a trainer with one either?

Wild Randomizer does not modify Formes; they will not be perma-megas.

Trainer Randomizer only gives megas for the special trainers if you have Ensure Story MEvo enabled. It doesn't give it to every trainer; that'd water down the 'specialness' of mega evolutions.

Wild Randomizer does not modify Formes; they will not be perma-megas.

Trainer Randomizer only gives megas for the special trainers if you have Ensure Story MEvo enabled. It doesn't give it to every trainer; that'd water down the 'specialness' of mega evolutions.

Have you ever considered having at least the option included with the Wild Encounters / Trainer Editors? I'm not sure how difficult that would be to add in, but simply having the option is a lot nicer than leaving it out entirely. I'm sure a lot out there (myself included) would love its inclusion. :)

Edited by sora10pls

Hi, I've got a weird problem X romhacks and PK3DS :

PyU7L4B.pngfeWvLra.png

Left is Vanilla, Right isn't

I'm playing the game in french, and every Trainer or Item Variables is printed with either "le" or "un" (male-single pronuns), when it should be other things like "les" ("les Rollers"), "la" ("la Rivale"),... Sorry this is french grammar and I'm not sure how to explain it in english :bidoof:

I checked corresponding lines in gametext/storytext.txt, and they are identical in both versions. I even packed a "romhack" using vanilla romfs and I still got this. I guess it may has something to do with how the variables used for pronouns in those lines are handled, but I'm clueless about how to fix it manually (can't find a line where choices for these variables are described). I'd be glad if someone had a clue for me =)

EDIT: did a bit of research here.

Pronuns-variables are called [VAR 1402(000X)] (X is 1-2), when other variables have a name (like TRNICK, GENDER,...). Maybe that's related ?

I tried taking a freshly-extracted RomFS folder (from pokemon X) and comparing SHA1 checksums before and after opening it with pk3ds. I didn't edit anything, just opened it then closed it (Get -> Set). I did that for every button in the "RomfS Tools" section, under EN language then under FR language. Following GARCs had different checksums :

• 0/7/4 (EN gametexts)
  • 0/7/5 (FR gametexts)
  • 0/8/2 (EN storytexts)
  • 2/0/3,4,5,6 (Maison)
  • 2/1/3 (eggmoves)

Is that normal that pk3DS alters some GARCs checksums ?

Edited by supercarotte

11-19-15:

- Fixed: RSTE Type'd Randomization bugfix

- Fixed: Mega Evo Editor not loading Item criteria correctly.

- Fixed: TOOLS: Memory overuse on unpacking large files.

- Fixed: TOOLS: Added prompt before leaving the form while (un)packing.

- Added: More improvements to overworld/map visualization.

- Added: Overworld editing now saves.

- Added: RAW (Hex) editing of overworlds.

- Added: Map PNG export on double click.

- Added: Command line launch instructions (path, language)

pk3DS work only for Windows.

Maybe you can try something like wine (or another windows emulator)

Yes! I already opened it with Wine but I am talking about the next step! I also read that you can't do it if your 3DS is updated, is this true? I watched a lot of videos on YT and none of them are helping at all.

I seem to be unable to access the Overworld editor on the latest build... I can't see it anywhere in the list of options. Do I need to unpack/drop a certain folder into it first? I've tried doing that with the two map GARCs in the 'About GARCs' section, but nothing happens... What do I need to do, if anything? Is it just bugged on my PC or my game folder?

I seem to be unable to access the Overworld editor on the latest build... I can't see it anywhere in the list of options. Do I need to unpack/drop a certain folder into it first? I've tried doing that with the two map GARCs in the 'About GARCs' section, but nothing happens... What do I need to do, if anything? Is it just bugged on my PC or my game folder?

Hold down alt and click wild encounters

Is it possible to add a option to the Randomizer to add 6 pokemon to any significant battles in the game (Rival, Gym, etc) that doesn't have 6 pokemon by default?

Idea of how to do it if it's possible or in the scope of the program: add pokemon by the BST of the last few pokemon in the team that it'd be the highest difficulty as the rest of the team.

Also, an option to scale the levels of wild pokemon up by % if possible? Would just make things more consistent if you've also boosted trainer battles.

I dumped the map images and got this for every file.

http://puu.sh/ls7Tw/4bf7f9241a.png

http://puu.sh/ls7UZ/52756587fc.png

Map image was the same for every png dumped.

Is there any way to use pk3DS to edit a Primal Reversion onto a Pokémon? To trigger it on a specific Pokémon using a specific item? I think it's a bit different from Mega Evolution so the Mega Evo editor would just make it a Mega Evo, wouldn't it? I'm sure I've seen it done before, complete with the animation.