pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Got a bug report.

Using the Trainer Editor to randomize trainers makes pk3DS hang indefinitely when you check the 'Theme Trainers: Theme Gym Leaders' options. I have a very fast computer with plenty of memory, tried running pk3DS in Administrator mode, and tried randomizing a fresh dump; pk3DS still hangs indefinitely. (I let it run for 90 minutes each attempt before killing the program). If I don't have the theme options enabled, the trainer randomizer takes less than two minutes to complete.

Fixed in latest commit. Thanks for reporting :)

Figured I'd implement close-BST randomization for the theme-type trainers too. Should be pretty good :D

Fixed in latest commit. Thanks for reporting :)

Figured I'd implement close-BST randomization for the theme-type trainers too. Should be pretty good :D

Thank you! That was very fast and it works really well now!

I noticed this morning that when you go into the Personal editor, under Enhancements, if you uncheck 'lowest catch rate' and click 'Modify All', it still makes all Pokémon have a catch rate of 003. Sorry I didn't notice both of these things at the same time >.>

Also, what does the 'Healer' checkbox do in the trainer editor? Just curious and couldn't find an answer via thread search or google.

Thank you! That was very fast and it works really well now!

I noticed this morning that when you go into the Personal editor, under Enhancements, if you uncheck 'lowest catch rate' and click 'Modify All', it still makes all Pokémon have a catch rate of 003. Sorry I didn't notice both of these things at the same time >.>

Also, what does the 'Healer' checkbox do in the trainer editor? Just curious and couldn't find an answer via thread search or google.

Fixed, turns out it was using the wrong checkbox (the randomizer's catch rate checkbox). Thanks for reporting.

Healer afaik heals your pokemon after battle, dunno if this is used in certain games.

*snip*

Another bug I think. I wanted to change the number of Pokémon that my rival / the gym leaders have so that I could randomise them at a later date but pk3DS keeps throwing me these errors. Picture explains what's going wrong. Happens with every trainer and no matter if it's a clean rom or some of the things are already randomised.

y8m3xY7.png

Another bug I think. I wanted to change the number of Pokémon that my rival / the gym leaders have so that I could randomise them at a later date but pk3DS keeps throwing me these errors. Picture explains what's going wrong. Happens with every trainer and no matter if it's a clean rom or some of the things are already randomised.

Fixed in latest commit.

Thanks for reporting :)

Few questions, based on some things I've seen in YouTube videos.

Is there a way to edit static encounters (like Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Cresselia) in pk3DS so that you run into a different pokemon when you start their static encounter? (For example, to approach Kyogre, press A, encounter a level 1 Magikarp?) I thought that it would be possible because I know Kyogre/Groudon have their moves randomised, but then I went through all the areas in the Wild Encounters editor and couldn't seem to find these static legendaries, and they're not in the trainer editor either. It might be CRO editing for all I know, which makes it impossible to edit and have working at present.

Also, is there a way to change the catch rate of a specific kind of Poke Ball? For example, making Dusk Balls have a 100% catch rate, like the Master Ball.

I ask because in TyranitarTube's long-running AS Randomizer series, the people (person?) that assembled the ROM hack have made a ton of changes that go farrrrrr beyond stock randomizing, such as (Spoilers):

- Changing Kyogre's static encounter to 'Shadow Ho-Oh'.

- Adding Shadow Lugia and Shadow Ho-Oh (Texture replacements, but also stat alterations. Lv45 Shadow Ho-Oh was taking hits from level 70 Pokemon very easily and doing a lot of damage)

- Making it so that all Poke Balls AND Master Balls cannot catch 'Shadow Pokemon'.

- Changing a kind of Poke Ball into a Dark Ball that CAN catch Shadow Pokemon

- Changing Cresselia's encounter to a Deoxys encounter (I assume through the same method that you could change any Hoopa Ring encounter with timed legendaries into whatever you wanted)

I find all of this really interesting and it'd be cool to know how it was done... if anyone knows. I'm also down to chat over PM/Skype.

No, it's just using temporary ROMs with models/sprites/text swapped.

So pk3ds can't change statics encounters or sprites of trainers, Pokemon, overall? If you know what does that can you tell me and does pk3ds allow the change of BST of pokemon and i also see poeple add, change the music theme battle of battles, assuming its not part of pk3ds either. thanks!

So pk3ds can't change statics encounters or sprites of trainers, Pokemon, overall? If you know what does that can you tell me and does pk3ds allow the change of BST of pokemon and i also see poeple add, change the music theme battle of battles, assuming its not part of pk3ds either. thanks!

also how to add extra battles meaning extra trainers at different spot.

Trainer mugshots can be replaced by using the Misc tools and repacking an individual garc; pk3DS does not have an interface for trainer class editing.

Personal editor edits BST.

You can always replace a track with another; x/y uses .aac while or/as uses brstm/bcstm. Easiest way to make a faux track is to insert an empty track (no sound) and dub your music in when rendering the final video.

Scripting is not yet possible, so it is pointless to add new trainers as there is no way to spawn/interact with them. No eta.

alright, will play around more with pk3ds and check out the other programs, also guess its possible to change BST, just checked that out, was crashing before but downloaded the newest version its better now. To be honest, it feels like 6th gen hacking might be easier to more people now where most of it comes by the pk3ds, where in the past there was much more to do. Anyway thanks again. :)

Still loving this tool. I was wondering though: there's an option to type theme trainers, and when you enable that, you have the option to type theme gym trainers. Unchecking theming normal trainers also unchecks gym trainers. Would it be possible to be able to ONLY type theme gym leaders/Elite 4? I like fighting random pokemon, but every trainer on the road being locked into a single type makes it a little easy because for example, once you figure out their team's typing is Dragon, you can just stay in with a Fairy to set up an easy sweep. Ace Trainers used to have a varied and tough team and suddenly they've got mono-type setups.

I don't know how hard that is to do or if it's unreasonable. :confused: Software works great otherwise!

I'm still waiting for my 3DS to decrypt my ROM (Using braindump and Homebrew) and I was wondering if pk3DS's Mega Evolution tab also allows any Pokemon to have a Primal Reversion. Is that possible or is it separately Mega Evolution. Also, is there a way to change a Pokemon's name or add a new Pokemon entirely? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, just a question. When using the Evolution Editor, it is supposed to take a lot of time to process?

When I just click in "Randomize All", keeping the three checkboxes marked, the program seems to stop, apparently...

I'm using it on Y version, if this info is necessary. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Hi, just a question. When using the Evolution Editor, it is supposed to take a lot of time to process?

When I just click in "Randomize All", keeping the three checkboxes marked, the program seems to stop, apparently...

I'm using it on Y version, if this info is necessary. Thanks in advance for any answers.

There are almost 850 formes in the evolution database, so yeah, it might take a while. Even on a fast SSD, things like the trainer editor can take up to a minute for me(the program does a few, then looks like it's not responding, then fixes itself eventually). Just be patient and it should work. Does the program say it's (Not Responding), or does it throw you an error?

Actually, the program keeps saying "Not Responding"... even if I left it running through hours (I made it last night, left the program running overnight, and when I awoke, it's on the same screen).

It's the only randomizer function that doesn't work for me; all the others, even taking a while, runs properly.

*EDIT*

If I unckeck the three boxes at the Evolution window, pk3DS crashes but shows a error message (inside the spoiler tag). Most in Portuguese, though:

Consulte o final desta mensagem para obter detalhes sobre como chamar a

depuração just-in-time (JIT) em vez desta caixa de diálogo.

************** Texto de Exceção **************

System.NullReferenceException: Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.

em pk3DS.Evolution.B_RandAll_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblies Carregados **************

mscorlib

Versão do Assembly: 4.0.0.0

Versão do Win32: 4.6.106.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE

Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

pk3DS

Versão do Assembly: 1.0.0.0

Versão do Win32: 1.0.0.0

Base de Código: file:///C:/Users/dtsnu/Desktop/Dumps/Pack%20Hack/pk3DS%20(10-25-15)/pk3DS.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Versão do Win32: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Versão do Win32: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt-BR_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources

Base de Código: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt-BR_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** Depuração JIT **************

Para habilitar a depuração just-in-time (JIT), o arquivo .config deste

aplicativo ou computador (machine.config) deve ter o valor

jitDebugging definido na seção system.windows.forms.

O aplicativo também deve ser compilado com a depuração

habilitada.

Por exemplo:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

Quando a depuração JIT está habilitada, qualquer exceção sem tratamento

será enviada ao depurador JIT registrado no computador,

em vez de ser tratada nesta caixa de diálogo.

Edited by KaleoOmega

Hello,

Trying to build the latest github commit (using Visual Studio Express), but for some reason, I can't seem to run it from anywhere other than the directory it built to. Is there a reason that that's happening? I don't use Visual Studio for my projects often, so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks!

I have two quick questions?

1. Does anybody have any idea why starter randomization crashes the game when run through HANS? If so, do you think there will be an upcoming fix for that (particularly asking that last bit to Kaphotics)?

2. The OP mentions a Special Mart Inventory randomizer option, yet from the latest build on the OP, I can't seem to find any randomization options for the Special Mart inventory. Any idea why that is?

Other than that, you're doing a great job on the program. Keep up the great work! :)

I have two quick questions?

1. Does anybody have any idea why starter randomization crashes the game when run through HANS? If so, do you think there will be an upcoming fix for that (particularly asking that last bit to Kaphotics)?

2. The OP mentions a Special Mart Inventory randomizer option, yet from the latest build on the OP, I can't seem to find any randomization options for the Special Mart inventory. Any idea why that is?

Other than that, you're doing a great job on the program. Keep up the great work! :)

CRO editing crashes the game. Editing the starters is CRO editing.