pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

That was only when pk3DS edited only the Poke3Select menu, which did not change which starter you actually received (just what appeared).

CRO verification is the cause of the crash.

Ah ok.

Another question.. well rather something I noticed.

When you randoize move types/category, and then randomize the level up moves - EVEN with 50% STAB, the pokemon hardly gets any stab move.

I am not a programmer so I am not sure how that randomization works, but maybe you could work on that a little better?

For example, IF Gengar is randomized to Grass type and the move Fly is a grass type move, so maybe make it possible for gengar to know that move by that 50% STAB chance.

I have randomized TONS of times, and pokemon hardly learn any STAB moves.

Ah ok.

Another question.. well rather something I noticed.

When you randoize move types/category, and then randomize the level up moves - EVEN with 50% STAB, the pokemon hardly gets any stab move.

I am not a programmer so I am not sure how that randomization works, but maybe you could work on that a little better?

For example, IF Gengar is randomized to Grass type and the move Fly is a grass type move, so maybe make it possible for gengar to know that move by that 50% STAB chance.

I have randomized TONS of times, and pokemon hardly learn any STAB moves.

Fixed in latest commit. Thanks for reporting :)

That was only when pk3DS edited only the Poke3Select menu, which did not change which starter you actually received (just what appeared).

CRO verification is the cause of the crash.

Excuse me, but even with this I can't understand how to have the starter randomizer working xD

I'm using Gateway 9.0

Im using the pk3DS to set MAX O-Power so i can give free opowers to people on local meetings.

I set the usability to 2 (Anyone) and cost to 1 Self and Others, still showing on gray.

What can i do to make this to work ?

Does it work for other O-Powers?

MAX O-Powers might require a special save flag or might not be passable to others.

Your tool is really great.

I was wondering if your cro-editing tool would allow in the future to edit some data like :

- pokedex (especialy list order and pokemon's location)

- event pokemon (like rustling bush or drops from the ceiling)

- In-game trades

- the amount of exp given by exp share

- inver's pokemon pool (inverse battle).

If these data are in cro-files, do you know, by any chance, where there are located ? I'm a noob in rom hacking but I'm curious and it could be useful.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English, I'm French.

CRO Editing is on hold as it's not possible to get the edits to load in-game at this time.

- pokedex (especialy list order and pokemon's location) - not CRO, maybe in the future.

- event pokemon (like rustling bush or drops from the ceiling) - already editable in the Encounter Editor

- In-game trades - CRO

- the amount of exp given by exp share - CRO/ExeFS (unknown)

- inver's pokemon pool (inverse battle). - pretty pointless, maybe in the future. Easy to just redirect loading of one of the Maison GARCs and have it load in the Maison editor.

Thank you very much for your answer, @Kaphotics :). It helps me a lot, especially the inverse battle.

For the wild encounter editor, I only can edit rock smash, fishing and classic "walking" encounters (rough terrain, flowers, surfing,...) and there isn't "event" pokemon like the ones in trash can, rustling bush, drops from the ceiling or rustling berry trees (exclusive to X/Y ?). Maybe there are not in the garc of wild encounters ?

edit :

There is a little bug I noticed on Pk3ds. I don't know if it is just me or not, but, in the personal stats editor, I can check but not uncheck permanently TM/HM (the "legit" ones). All TM/HM unchecked for a species are checked again when I go back to that species).

Again, thank you.

Edited by Baroque

Thank you very much for your answer, @Kaphotics :). It helps me a lot, especially the inverse battle.

For the wild encounter editor, I only can edit rock smash, fishing and classic "walking" encounters (rough terrain, flowers, surfing,...) and there isn't "event" pokemon like the ones in trash can, rustling bush, drops from the ceiling or rustling berry trees (exclusive to X/Y ?). Maybe there are not in the garc of wild encounters ?

Those ones aren't in the Wild Encounter (Overworld) garc (no idea where!); they are likely CRO related which we cannot edit (insufficient research).

There is a little bug I noticed on Pk3ds. I don't know if it is just me or not, but, in the personal stats editor, I can check but not uncheck permanently TM/HM (the "legit" ones). All TM/HM unchecked for a species are checked again when I go back to that species).

Again, thank you.

I'm not sure if my problem is related to Baroque's problem or maybe just a bad dump, but I noticed that if I use the personal editor (whether or not I actually make a change to the pokemon or TMs/HMs, or randomize TMs/HMs), any pokemon that I select from the drop-down menu will have all of its learnable TMs and HMs UNchecked, except for certain random pokemon that may have one or two TMs/HMs checked (again, even without me randomizing or editing anything at all).

Only tested it with my decrypted AS dump.

Hey, first of all, the latest version had a problem when I tried to randomize the TM and HMs. Most of the pokemons didn't learn them until they learned it as a level up move.

Anyway, my question is, I am trying to change name of "Giratina" to Magikarp. I did edit the game text editor and everything. I replaced all Giratina to Magikarp but after packing the game, it still shows giratina in the battle.

How do I fix that? Also, how to fix the name in the dex nav itself and may be picture in the dex nav as well?

Thank you in advance! :)

I'm not sure if my problem is related to Baroque's problem or maybe just a bad dump, but I noticed that if I use the personal editor (whether or not I actually make a change to the pokemon or TMs/HMs, or randomize TMs/HMs), any pokemon that I select from the drop-down menu will have all of its learnable TMs and HMs UNchecked, except for certain random pokemon that may have one or two TMs/HMs checked (again, even without me randomizing or editing anything at all).

Did you try to build the latest commit or did you just download the latest released version ?

If you have the released version, you should try the latest commit. You can use SharpDevelop to build it.

Hey, first of all, the latest version had a problem when I tried to randomize the TM and HMs. Most of the pokemons didn't learn them until they learned it as a level up move.

Anyway, my question is, I am trying to change name of "Giratina" to Magikarp. I did edit the game text editor and everything. I replaced all Giratina to Magikarp but after packing the game, it still shows giratina in the battle.

How do I fix that? Also, how to fix the name in the dex nav itself and may be picture in the dex nav as well?

Thank you in advance! :)

Did you try to build the latest commit or did you just download the latest released version ?

If you have the released version, you should try the latest commit. You can use SharpDevelop to build it.

Can confirm that after building the latest commit with SharpDevelop, the issue with unchecked/checked TMs and HMs has disappeared. All Pokemon learn the appropriate TMs/HMs by default now. Thanks, Baroque.

Updated OP with latest version (date : 09/31/15)

Thanks to all those who have tested and reported bugs since the last release :)

Got a bug report.

Using the Trainer Editor to randomize trainers makes pk3DS hang indefinitely when you check the 'Theme Trainers: Theme Gym Leaders' options. I have a very fast computer with plenty of memory, tried running pk3DS in Administrator mode, and tried randomizing a fresh dump; pk3DS still hangs indefinitely. (I let it run for 90 minutes each attempt before killing the program). If I don't have the theme options enabled, the trainer randomizer takes less than two minutes to complete.