pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

I was wondering Kaphotics, about the code.bin file.

Why we need to put the . before code ?

Because ".code" is the actual file name within the exefs; ".bin" is an arbitrary binary designation.

If you're getting "code.bin" your unpacking method is doing it wrong.

pk3DS has a built in pack/unpack functionality for exefs binaries...

the latest Pk3ds crashes your games, if you want to randomize your game on oras it crashes straight after you choose your starter the game freezes and cuts to black, the same goes with pokemon x and y, and im not even using rxtools to decrypt the rom, im using decrypt9 with xorpads to decrypt the games so it doesn't corrupt the romfs like rxtools is known to do. Could you please fix these crashes?

Because ".code" is the actual file name within the exefs; ".bin" is an arbitrary binary designation.

If you're getting "code.bin" your unpacking method is doing it wrong.

pk3DS has a built in pack/unpack functionality for exefs binaries...

pk3ds can unpack a DecryptedExeFS.bin file ?

How ?

the latest Pk3ds crashes your games, if you want to randomize your game on oras it crashes straight after you choose your starter the game freezes and cuts to black, the same goes with pokemon x and y, and im not even using rxtools to decrypt the rom, im using decrypt9 with xorpads to decrypt the games so it doesn't corrupt the romfs like rxtools is known to do. Could you please fix these crashes?

What exactly did you edit/randomize with your game?

I just tried AS, and it worked fine for me. Here's what I randomized: Wild Encounters, Level Up Moves, Personal Data (Abilities, Held Items, TM/HM/Tutor Compatibility), Trainers (Pokemon, Abilities, Held Items, Classes)

And can you add a way to pk3DS for load a pack with other folder that exe and romfs ?

pk3DS

"PackHackFolder1"

1 "exe" folder

1 "romfs" folder

"PackHackFolder2"

1 "exe" folder

1 "romfs" folder

1 "tools" folder

I can load the "PackHackFolder1" but not the "PackHackFolder2" because i have another folder that exe and romfs.

Can you fix it or add a way ?

How did Tryanitube do this? I seriously doubt he can do this himself. Did hunter do it for him?

I really enjoy watching that series, but some of the model swaps are really impressive and editing was really impressive, and I want to know who randomized it for him, so I can ask that person a few questions.

I really enjoy watching that series, but some of the model swaps are really impressive and editing was really impressive, and I want to know who randomized it for him, so I can ask that person a few questions.

Huntereb

And can you add a way to pk3DS for load a pack with other folder that exe and romfs ?

I can load the "PackHackFolder1" but not the "PackHackFolder2" because i have another folder that exe and romfs.

Can you fix it or add a way ?

I've re-jiggered the folder loading logic to not care about superfluous folders within the input, in addition to adding the ExeFS.bin unpacking method on file-drop.

Additionally, I've re-written the GARC I/O to handle the foldered GARCs properly :)

The Tools window can act as a standalone pack/unpack for GARCs

I need to keep tweaking the other code (darc)!

What exactly did you edit/randomize with your game?

I just tried AS, and it worked fine for me. Here's what I randomized: Wild Encounters, Level Up Moves, Personal Data (Abilities, Held Items, TM/HM/Tutor Compatibility), Trainers (Pokemon, Abilities, Held Items, Classes)

Personal stats, Evolutions, Level Up Moves, Wild Encounters, Egg Moves, Trainer, and Move stats, oh i also manually randomized pickup in the .code

Also noone has found the data for the starters in oras yet if i believe? if by chance are you gonna implement random starters or an option that you can choose starters? i know you are working on script editing, if the starters are in the script please implement a starter randomizer. also i know that ttartube swapped models and it was fake just so you know that i know it was fake

You plan on adding support for game patch versions? The main difference is I have exefs modified to mount certain GARCs as rom2. This results in the path of a/0/1/3 becoming a0/1/3. (basically first sub folder of a gets moved to root and renamed to a0 and continuing from there)

Not all the GARCs are moved. Just the ones PK3DS edits.

I have a whole test hack converted to patch and would like to see it be easier for pk3DS to edit game patches setup like this. ;)

I don't understand how to increase the levels when i randomiz the wild pokemon.

I try to play with the % (i tried 10%, 50%...) in the Hord tab, but nothing happen.

I want increase the difficulty.

For exemple, a wild Pokemon Level10, I want it to become Level15, so increase the levels by 50%.

I thought the issue with trainer class was fixed?

Randomizing trainer class still crashes the game in ORAS.

The first double battle against team aqua/magma crashes.

Second double battle against team aqua/magma crashes alongside steven.

Another team aqua/magma battle crashes in the weather instituite.

battle against team aqua/magma crashes in mt pyre.

seems to be a trend..

I thought the issue with trainer class was fixed?

Randomizing trainer class still crashes the game in ORAS.

The first double battle against team aqua/magma crashes.

Second double battle against team aqua/magma crashes alongside steven.

Another team aqua/magma battle crashes in the weather instituite.

battle against team aqua/magma crashes in mt pyre.

seems to be a trend..

pk3DS only randomizes single battle trainer classes. Ensure you are using the most up to date version.

pk3DS only randomizes single battle trainer classes. Ensure you are using the most up to date version.

I do have the latest version.

Tried your latest compiled version and compiled one myself aswell.

Mind you, its not just double battles that crash. There is a single battle in Weather Instituite against Team Aqua/Magma, and another single battle at Mt Pyre that also crashes the game.

I used savedatafiler to dump the save and restore it on another rom where everything but trainer class was randomized and the game didnt crash at those points.

Its definetely something to do with randomizing trainer class.

After further testing, yet again I can confirm that randomizing trainer class crashes the game at certain points.

Namely: Team Aqua/Magma double battle at Meteor Falls, Team Aqua/Magma double battle at Southern Island, Team Aqua/Magma SINGLE battle at Weather Instituite, Team Aqua/Magma Single Battle at Mt Pyre.

At that point after Mt Pyre, I just wasnt bothered testing any further.

I know you said double battles are untouched when randomizing trainer class, but why does it crash the game at those battles?

@Kaphotics

After further testing, yet again I can confirm that randomizing trainer class crashes the game at certain points.

Namely: Team Aqua/Magma double battle at Meteor Falls, Team Aqua/Magma double battle at Southern Island, Team Aqua/Magma SINGLE battle at Weather Instituite, Team Aqua/Magma Single Battle at Mt Pyre.

At that point after Mt Pyre, I just wasnt bothered testing any further.

I know you said double battles are untouched when randomizing trainer class, but why does it crash the game at those battles?

@Kaphotics

Might as well do a before-after check on the files.

In terms of size of the file, it seems all fine.

Also the CTR checks all pass.

Still the problem is reproduced with both OR and AS.

Can extract the files smaller it does not help? can facilitate better CTR quick check.