pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Not as they are or they probably would have been there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the mega evos and alternate forms are stored under one pokemon whereas actual evolutions link separate pokemon which are actually entirely different entities.

Its the difference between applying a change to an existing object like in the case of alt forms/mega evos (since mega evos are technically alternate forms as you may know) in the case of some type of form change and actually swapping one object for an entirely different object while retaining certain variables (moves, iv's, ev's, etc.) in the case of evolution, if that makes sense.

Edit: That said, being able to add and edit pokemon as well as alternate forms would be very cool although likely involved.

@Kaphotics

Do you know how to edit the Primal Devolution like this guy :

?

As you can see, there is no mega evolution or primal evolution sign.

All he did was, change the ability of the pokemon to Illusion and have Jirachi at the last spot of his team.

That way when Primal groudon Evolved, it still showed Jirachi's sprite.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for making this too, Kaphotics!

Just a question, would it be possible to add a function to have trainers to have Pokemon in the same evolutionary stages as the ones you're using? Because I just started a randomized Sapphire run and every trainer so far has had final stage evolutions like Salamence, Togekiss, Pyroar and Dragonite, making it pretty difficult.

Thank you very much for making this too, Kaphotics!

Just a question, would it be possible to add a function to have trainers to have Pokemon in the same evolutionary stages as the ones you're using? Because I just started a randomized Sapphire run and every trainer so far has had final stage evolutions like Salamence, Togekiss, Pyroar and Dragonite, making it pretty difficult.

Randomize by BST.

Thank you, randomizing by BST worked but it set all the Trainers Levels to Level 1 or even 0. I guess I'll just fix it manually.

EDIT: Never mind, was looking at the wrong thing. Sorry. Thanks for this amazing tool Kaphotics!

I've noticed that when battling certain Trainers, the game freezes. For example, rich boy Winston was randomized to a Pokemon Trainer with no sprite so that battle freezes. Also, before Slateport, I ran into May and I can't progress in the game because when the battle with her begins the screen turns black and freezes.

Edited by phantomness

Thank you, randomizing by BST worked but it set all the Trainers Levels to Level 1 or even 0. I guess I'll just fix it manually.

EDIT: Never mind, was looking at the wrong thing. Sorry. Thanks for this amazing tool Kaphotics!

I've noticed that when battling certain Trainers, the game freezes. For example, rich boy Winston was randomized to a Pokemon Trainer with no sprite so that battle freezes. Also, before Slateport, I ran into May and I can't progress in the game because when the battle with her begins the screen turns black and freezes.

I have reported that before.

Randomizing trainer class makes the game freeze at certain points. I guess Kaphotics cant figure out the issue.

I have randomized wild and trainers' Pokémon in my game, and almost every Pokémon has their default level-up moveset. However, gym leaders' movesets are set to their defaults from the original game. In my case, Roxanne's Geodude and Nosepass were replaced with Chespin and Clauncher, respectively. Chespin used Geodude's Tackle, Defense Curl (egg move), and Rock Tomb (TM move). Clauncher used Nosepass' Tackle, Harden, and Rock Tomb (I don't think it learns those). Is it possible to remove this moveset restriction when randomizing only Pokémon in a future release so that these Pokémon have their level-up moves? Thanks.

Hi Kaphotics, I had a few questions.

Is it possible to make a way to get the National Pokedex at the beginning of the game?

Would it be possible to make the catch rate for all Pokemon to 255 so they're easy to catch for Nuzlocke runs?

Thank you very much.

I have randomized wild and trainers' Pokémon in my game, and almost every Pokémon has their default level-up moveset. However, gym leaders' movesets are set to their defaults from the original game. In my case, Roxanne's Geodude and Nosepass were replaced with Chespin and Clauncher, respectively. Chespin used Geodude's Tackle, Defense Curl (egg move), and Rock Tomb (TM move). Clauncher used Nosepass' Tackle, Harden, and Rock Tomb (I don't think it learns those). Is it possible to remove this moveset restriction when randomizing only Pokémon in a future release so that these Pokémon have their level-up moves? Thanks.

Tweaked the Trainer Randomization window to instead have a comboBox for one of the three options:

0 - Don't Modify (everything stays as is)

1 - Randomize All (all moves get randomized)

2 - Use Levelup Only (no trainer will have custom moves, will instead use the species' levelup tables)

preview pic

I am wondering whether it would be possible to edit and also possibly add items based on these points in a future update?:

1. Item name

2. Item description

3. Item sprite

Thanks in advance.

You can already edit item name and description, can't you? And I think the item sprites can be changed in Ohana3DS. But I don't think adding an item is possible yet, only changing an existing one.

1 and 2: I thought that I can but when I loaded my romfs and exe folder, I get only these options in Item Editor(pic in link)

http://postimg.org/image/x0otm4vjt/

You can edit text/description in the Game Text editor. I prefer to keep text editing separate from other gamedata edits.

Since sprite editing is more computation heavy, it's not done within pk3DS; you can use the Misc Tools to unpack garcs->bclim sprites.

You can edit text/description in the Game Text editor. I prefer to keep text editing separate from other gamedata edits.

Since sprite editing is more computation heavy, it's not done within pk3DS; you can use the Misc Tools to unpack garcs->bclim sprites.

1,2,3: I understand, thank you for the quick response

I just have one more question which would be better asked as an example:

I have a Arcanine which I want to mega evolve in-game. To do so, I replaced the model of Shaymin with a custom mega model of Arcanine. Using pk3DS, can I make Arcanine mega evolve to Shaymin so that it displays the custom model or do I have to include an alternate form for Arcanine using another method?