pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

how do you randomizie the startes and how did ttube do it?

model swaps, he did not randomize the starters (someone else likely came up with 3 random starters and swapped data accordingly)

the 'shiny' latias was a model swap and quick-cut too.

Edited by Kaphotics

I have a n3ds that has a firmware version of 9.8. Does the pk3ds program itself not work unless the 3ds firmware is before 9.2, or is only limited by what firmware version that Gateway supports?

The program itself does work, you can edit your ROM and everything.. but you need some way to run the edited ROM on a 3ds. Afaik on 9.8 there are no known exploits atm, so you're out of luck. :(

After further testing, I can confirm that Randomizing Attacks(moves types/category), Egg moves, Learning moves(level up moves) etc, crashes the game in Pokemon X/Y.

Although the CTR check shows that the rom itself is fine after re-building, the game still crashes.

Maybe a problem with X/Y games itself when changing those things? Or the randomizer screws something up?

Randomizing EVERYTHING works great in ORAS. No problem with ORAS.

After further testing, I can confirm that Randomizing Attacks(moves types/category), Egg moves, Learning moves(level up moves) etc, crashes the game in Pokemon X/Y.

Although the CTR check shows that the rom itself is fine after re-building, the game still crashes.

Maybe a problem with X/Y games itself when changing those things? Or the randomizer screws something up?

Randomizing EVERYTHING works great in ORAS. No problem with ORAS.

There's a bug with the move editor, where for some reason the GARC file is packed incorrectly for X/Y only, resulting in a wrong file size.

Original 2/1/2: 34,672 bytes

Edited 2/1/2: 24,812 bytes

It might have something to do with this line in Moves.cs:

private void formClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
       {
           setEntry();
           [b]ARC.packMini("move", "WD", "0", ".bin");[/b]
       }

I'm not sure what ARC.packMini does, but when I removed that line from the source, the X/Y file now is packed with the right size. Maybe it only needs to be executed for OR/AS?

There's a bug with the move editor, where for some reason the GARC file is packed incorrectly for X/Y only, resulting in a wrong file size.

Original 2/1/2: 34,672 bytes

Edited 2/1/2: 24,812 bytes

It might have something to do with this line in Moves.cs:

private void formClosing(object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
       {
           setEntry();
           [b]ARC.packMini("move", "WD", "0", ".bin");[/b]
       }

I'm not sure what ARC.packMini does, but when I removed that line from the source, the X/Y file now is packed with the right size. Maybe it only needs to be executed for OR/AS?

I have no idea lol. I dont look into the source code. I only compile and test the latest commit.

But since you can see a difference in size, that is probably the cause.

Mayve a quick request for Kaphotics and can be very useful for us.

Can you save the language used too in the settings file ?

He save the path, but not the language.

So everytime i reload pk3DS, he reload all my hackpack, good, but not in French (for me)

Can you add a way, like PKHeX fr.exe ?

What we can't use Wallpapers ?

And what we can do in MiscTool ?

Wallpapers is a placeholder button; even if it were enabled there's no form to show.

MiscTool is a bit more debug-oriented; it can unpack garcs(garctool)/darc/mini, can view bclims (non etc), and can repack DARCs/mini.

But how to use Misctool ?

Because when i Drag & Drop a Darc or Garc, nothing happen.

And for Wallpaper, you can't put something like :

BOX1

SavePNG

LoadPNG

BOX 2

SavePNG

LoadPNg

?

For MiscTool:

The top area will unpack to a folder in the same origin directory.

The middle area will repack a folder given the input type.

The unused button doesn't have anything programmed. It needs DARC Repacking (done), ETC texture (de)compression (not done) and a UI (not done). I still don't know if I want to do that as I'd figure scripts and a DARC repacking utility is much more doable.

Am I the only one who has the ExeFS tools greyed out? I know I have that folder. It contains a code.bin, banner.bin and icon.bin. I used Asia81's guide to decrypt and extract the ROM. If it makes a difference, I decompressed the code.bin file (used the no internet guide because I like doing things the manual way :P). Any help?

EDIT: Tried without decompressing code.bin, no dice.