Kaphotics

tool pk3DS: 3DS ROM Editor & Randomizer

37 minutes ago, ThePsyGuy021 said:

The same thing happened to me I tried to paste it here as well but it wouldn't work if you find a fix please let me now, How did you get the personal stats to work.

I didn't mess with those. :P I only want to randomize encounters, starters, and trainer battles. Everything else I want left alone.

Far as the dump file goes, pretty sure I could copy/paste it if I had a way to actually open and view it... notepad just displays garbage. No idea what to use to open it for proper looking at. But 3DS showed it perfectly.

If you haven't read prior pages; failing to open editors right after dumping your game should obviously imply your dump is bad.

Bad guides result in bad dumps. Bad dumps are not the responsibility of pk3DS to help you correct; pk3DS expects clean & valid dumps in order to operate as intended.

Maybe it was the dump, but I have tried dumps in several different ways, the latest was via godmod9 using Zeta's dumping scripts. What would you recommend I use in order to preform a proper dump? And is there anything useful in that .dmp file that could indicate what exactly the issue is? Keeping in mind that crash.dmp was generated on the 3DS as soon as I tried to launch the randomizer.

Another question too, so following this guide (the first set of directions using poketool.exe) it does not specify what to do with the exefs folder: https://zetadesigns.github.io/randomizing-layeredfs.html.

Edited by Fops1048

I finally got it working! It was my dump- I instead decrypted the catridge from godmod9 instead of dumping or using anything else. Then I used ctrtool to extract it into romfs and exe folders. I knew as soon as I loaded it into pk3DS I had done something right- the exe was editable! Turns out the Youtube tutorial was correct, just a slightly different dumping method was required to make it work properly. Maybe it is different for US/UM but I'll be using this method from now on regardless. So I now have fully randomized X and Y versions up and running, and the technique down! Not to mention I increased shiny rate to 30% for fun and have been having some amazing encounters lol.

Now that I know how to do it... I'm gonna one day build the impossible game that's incredibly hard to beat lol.

• Like 1