Kaphotics

tool pk3DS: 3DS ROM Editor & Randomizer

Posted (edited)

So did everything including braking down the 3DS File into a bunch of Bin Files (I unpacked the game files) but for some reason Pk3DS doesn't recognize the game files nor will it select the file that holds it (even when I drag and drop the folder to the active program I just get that doesn't work bing from windows). Thoughts?

Edited by Deogiblue

Posted (edited)

First and foremost I am using 4thGenGamers tutorial in order to randomize my Generation 7 games. Initially I was able to randomize everything outside of static encounters with no problem. I guess I got greedy😅 I wanted the static encounters randomized so I followed the tutorial again and again trying to ensure everything was being done exactly as I was instructed. In the tutorial I noticed that they had deleted the update software after the LumaLayeredFS patches were completed, I never had update software installed in the first place so I decided to start from scratch, restoring all original files and this time updating before I dumped PKMN Sun onto my SD card. I completed the tutorial only to pop in Sun and find out that now nothing will randomize. Rinse wash repeat still nothing. Started from scratch again deleted the dump with the update and reverted back to the initial way of dumping the non-updated .3ds file.

Instead of randomizing everything but static encounters like it did initially now nothing is being randomized. Rinse wash repeat still.... nothing. Its becoming very frustrating and I've been goin at it for about a week and a half.

I currently have

1. New 11.9.0.42U
  2. Luma v9.1 (updating every few times I try to ensure I'm keeping a stable application)
  3. Enable game patching selected
  4. "Show NAND or user..." selected (not sure if that applies to my issue)
  5. Text References for static encounter randomization being saved in English
  6. ".code.bin" being changed to "code.bin" even tried outlines, no outlines and "code.ips" 
  7. CFW and all other applications operating normally
  • no Arm11 exceptions
  • No game crashes 

I've attached the root of SD card, my luma folder, and the location of my "code.bin"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Root of SD card.png

Luma.png

code.bin.png

Edited by MF4Long

Posted (edited)

It was probably explained here somewhere, but I ask for simplicity sake;

I used the Youtube Tutorial originally, and still do for reference on occasion. I'm trying to figure out what the application looks for as far as RomFS/ExeFS
I still have trouble opening them on some occasions.

Funnily, after saying this I got it working. Still interested in reading deeper on how this works and all. I'm guessing there isn't a  Public Discord or anything for this though is there?~

Edited by Absunine
Update

On 2/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, DarkEspeon said:

Is there any way to edit in-game traded pokemon? I don't see an option for that in pk3ds. Are there other tools for that?

UPD: If I use another tool to edit an already edited rom with pk3ds, will it crash? 🤔

Well, I guess no one here knows. SMH the support of this tool...

Maybe someone knows anything about flags and effects in Move editor window? I'm trying to make Moonlight restore more HP in rain. Is it possible to do so? 

2 hours ago, DarkEspeon said:

Well, I guess no one here knows. SMH the support of this tool...

Maybe someone knows anything about flags and effects in Move editor window? I'm trying to make Moonlight restore more HP in rain. Is it possible to do so? 

The tool is free, open source, and has been out for years.

If you want to change behavior of the battle engine, you need to modify game code which is wayyy outside the realm of what pk3DS is set up to handle.

I'm guessing that's a Nay on there being a Discord server, Oh well. woulda been fun probably. ~

Though. I'm guessing I just have to watch this topic for when new updates to the application come?

9 hours ago, Absunine said:

I'm guessing that's a Nay on there being a Discord server, Oh well. woulda been fun probably. ~

Though. I'm guessing I just have to watch this topic for when new updates to the application come?

Tools aren't big enough to need a dedicated discord server.

This site has its own; you're free to discuss it there.

• Like 1

Hi, i'm having certain issues... well, for starters, last version of pk3ds from the github master doesn't have the executable, so... call me dumb, but i don't know how to make it work. And with older versions... to be honest, i don't know how to make it work. I managed once to randomize an Ultra Moon game, but i feel that the ExeFS part (the TM's) didn't get randomized. And now, if i edit something on the CRO part, the game just doesn't load.

Not to mention that i get a 0kb file if i try to rebuild the game into a .3ds file. Any help? I don't even know where to ask now.

9 minutes ago, Lunar_Ohmus said:

Hi, i'm having certain issues... well, for starters, last version of pk3ds from the github master doesn't have the executable, so... call me dumb, but i don't know how to make it work. And with older versions... to be honest, i don't know how to make it work. I managed once to randomize an Ultra Moon game, but i feel that the ExeFS part (the TM's) didn't get randomized. And now, if i edit something on the CRO part, the game just doesn't load.

Not to mention that i get a 0kb file if i try to rebuild the game into a .3ds file. Any help? I don't even know where to ask now.

Re-read the first post of the thread. You don't download the exe from github.

Use luma3DS for your cfw.

pk3DS doesn't rebuild ROMs, nor should you need to. Use layeredFS instead.

12 hours ago, Lunar_Ohmus said:

pk3ds does not rebuild, it just randomizes.

For rebuilding, I'm using PackHack. All you have to do is rename the .code.bin file in ExtractedExeFS to code.bin, and then rebuild with PackHack. There you go.

Hello,

Is there a way to change the Wild Encounters mode so that only a maximum of 5 Pokémon can be found on a route when i press Randomized All?

20 hours ago, Schilli said:

Hello,

Is there a way to change the Wild Encounters mode so that only a maximum of 5 Pokémon can be found on a route when i press Randomized All?

The program is open source; if you want custom functionality you'll have to tweak the code yourself.