pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i was randomizing Omega Ruby, everything was working fine until i hit the Trainer tab and clicked "Randomize All", then instead of the randomizing window, this popped up:

Spoiler

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: El valor de '105' no es válido para 'Value'. 'Value' debería estar entre 'Minimum' y 'Maximum'.
Nombre del parámetro: Value
   en System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   en pk3DS.RandSettings.TryGetValue(Control ctrl, String s) en C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Tools\RandSettings.cs:línea 97
   en pk3DS.RandSettings.GetFormSettings(Form form, ControlCollection controls) en C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Tools\RandSettings.cs:línea 45
   en pk3DS.RSTE.B_Randomize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen6\RSTE.cs:línea 467
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.396, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\TOSHIBA\Desktop\Pkmn\we randomize we cheat\gen 6 pk3DS randomizer\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\TOSHIBA\Desktop\Pkmn\we randomize we cheat\gen 6 pk3DS randomizer\pk3DS.Core.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

System.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\System.resources.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error. 

Can someone please help me? :(

Everytime I open the "wild encounters" tab a ransetting.txt file is created. After I finish whathever I was doing in the tab and close it the program does not allow me reopen it (a error always happens) Said error only disappears when a delete the .txt file. I made tests trying to find broken parts related to the changes, but nothing. Seems to me that the problem is the creation of .txt itself. So, is that a way to prevent the program from creating it in the first place? Sorry if that is a known bug and thank you for PK3DS, it really is a amazing tool!

Hey.

Disclaimer: I am NOT tech savvy. If you need specs, crash reports or whatever else, I dont know where to look, so they wont be in this post. If you can give me directions to where I might find that information, Ill be happy to tell you.

So... Ive been trying to use PK3DS to randomize Pokemon Y for 6 hours, and Im going insane.

I cant get PK3DS to load the game files. Ive decrypted the game, put the decrypted files into the correct folders "rom" and "exefs", wont work. re-downloaded the program, decrypted the files again, tried to use the 3ds file directly, looked at tutorials, etc., etc..

Basically ive been banging my head against a wall for 6 hours and Im at a loss. I just want to make trade evolutions level up evolutions.

Please help.

3 hours ago, apperusenpai said:

Been trying a few different things to get this up and running on my 3DS and I keep hitting walls. I've made sure all of my CFW is completely up to date, and I keep getting this crash dump when booting Ultra Moon. I'm starting to get a little frustrated. What am I missing?

crash_dump_00000002.dmp 932 B · 0 downloads

Hmmm, is the update for Ultra Moon installed? I’m assuming that’s a dump report from Luma (it was luma that crashed).

remove the update for Ultra Moon (can uninstall it using FBI or SD management in system settings).

If it doesn’t work, then I’m out of ideas.

I’m not exactly a PK3DS user, but I’m aware that overlay files that originated from different game version as compared to an installed game updates can cause Luma crashes.

(Typically when one uses base game for overlay files, but have a game update installed)

On 8/22/2019 at 3:36 AM, theSLAYER said:

Hmmm, is the update for Ultra Moon installed? I’m assuming that’s a dump report from Luma (it was luma that crashed).

remove the update for Ultra Moon (can uninstall it using FBI or SD management in system settings).

If it doesn’t work, then I’m out of ideas.

I’m not exactly a PK3DS user, but I’m aware that overlay files that originated from different game version as compared to an installed game updates can cause Luma crashes.

(Typically when one uses base game for overlay files, but have a game update installed)

I figured it out. Had nothing to do with the update data (I had never updated UM when I played it in the first place hahaha).

I went and followed a different tutorial that had me decrypt the .3ds file instead of just extracting it. I went through and randomized it the decrypted file in pk3DS and replaced that with the old files. Got the game to load up and everything is randomized like it should be. 

• Like 1

I am trying to randomize an alpha sapphire file but it isnt letting me it says Exception Details:

System.FormatException: Invalid GARC Version: 0x0000
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.unpackGARC(Stream stream)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.unpackGARC(Byte[] data)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.GetMemGARC(String file)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.GetGARCByReference(GARCReference gr)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializePersonal()
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializeAll()
   at pk3DS.Main.openQuick(String path) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 227
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 102

3 minutes ago, One Named Natsu said:

I am trying to randomize an alpha sapphire file but it isnt letting me it says Exception Details:

System.FormatException: Invalid GARC Version: 0x0000
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.unpackGARC(Stream stream)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.unpackGARC(Byte[] data)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.GetMemGARC(String file)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.GetGARCByReference(GARCReference gr)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializePersonal()
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializeAll()
   at pk3DS.Main.openQuick(String path) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 227
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 102

Bad ROM dump.

• Like 2

Hello all, I am trying to randomize Pokemon X, which is first time I have ever randomized a 3DS game. I've been having a lot of problems. So, what I have been following are the instructions in this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-pnqSsJBv0&t=649s but so far I cannot get my game to load on the 3DS. I am thinking it is either a bad rom dump, or I am doing something wrong. In this video he discusses that certain files have to be moved in exe/ folder and to romfs/. In USUM he is using this file is Shop.cro, but he has a list that is supposedly for X/Y which is Dllbattle.cro, Dllfield.cro, and Dllpoke3select.cro. I assume these are what I need to move into romfs/. Then in romfs/a I used the GARCs list to fill in the value as he shown.

Now here comes the problems. Initially I tried to move the folder onto my SDcard as shown. AS mentioned before, this does not work, game does not show on my 3DS. I have tried other variations of this, moving ROM/, moving the titleID/, etc, same result. Thinking my dump was bad I tried again. This time I actually ended up trying to edit the exefs options on ps3DS, namely, shiny rate. I got an error code on this which I can provide if needed. This is where I notice my code.bin file turning back into .code.bin which I think is the issue. Fixing it without the '.' does not work, and if I reload the files, it goes back to .code.bin. I don't get why this happens.

So.... on another reddit I saw someone say to use poketools.exe. Problem is, I can't even do the first step required, which is inputting the backup folder. I have no PK3DS/ let alone PK3DS/backup as it says I need. There is no way in the program to assign where any sort of backup would even go. I have a backup/ folder that appears in same place that pk3DS. exe is in the Step 3- randomization/ folder as the pack uses in the video, but poketools.exe gives an error about this folder cause it expects a pk3DS folder/backup.

Sigh. Is there a better/easier way to do this?

Hello all! 

I'm currently trying to randomize Alpha Sapphire but I've run into some trouble and I'm not sure how to fix it. This is the error I get every time I try to click on "Wild Encounters": 

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: La valeur '10' n'est pas valide pour 'Value'. 'Value' doit être compris entre 'Minimum' et 'Maximum'.
Nom du paramètre : Value
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   à pk3DS.Main.<B_Wild_Click>b__36_0() dans C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:ligne 648
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

It might also help to note that it did actually work the very first time I tried. Though I messed with some stuff I shouldn't have where it asked for Luma which I don't even know about. Could that be why it's broken now? I tried pinning and unpinning pk3ds from the task bar and clearing my ram. I'm not tech savvy in any way so I have no idea what else I could do or what the error actually means. Apologies if this has already been solved, I only skimmed through.

Also I can translate the French if needed. Thanks in advance, have a nice day! 

2 hours ago, ghostsnwitches said:

Hello all! 

I'm currently trying to randomize Alpha Sapphire but I've run into some trouble and I'm not sure how to fix it. This is the error I get every time I try to click on "Wild Encounters": 

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: La valeur '10' n'est pas valide pour 'Value'. 'Value' doit être compris entre 'Minimum' et 'Maximum'.
Nom du paramètre : Value
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   à pk3DS.Main.<B_Wild_Click>b__36_0() dans C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:ligne 648
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   à System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

It might also help to note that it did actually work the very first time I tried. Though I messed with some stuff I shouldn't have where it asked for Luma which I don't even know about. Could that be why it's broken now? I tried pinning and unpinning pk3ds from the task bar and clearing my ram. I'm not tech savvy in any way so I have no idea what else I could do or what the error actually means. Apologies if this has already been solved, I only skimmed through.

Also I can translate the French if needed. Thanks in advance, have a nice day! 

Assuming no other editor options work... You have a bad ROM dump.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Assuming no other editor options work... You have a bad ROM dump.

I tried to get another ROM (Omega Ruby this time around) and I got the same error. I also tried almost all the other editor options and they seemed to work. I was at the very least able to open them (contrary to wild encounters that makes pk3ds crash immediately after I click on it). I read that it might have to do with more low-end computers not being powerful enough but I'm fairly certain mine should be decent enough. Sorry to bother you but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for the help!

I am having just one problem with this ROM editor. Now before the update a month I could change the trainers data (classes and pokemon and such) and their levels would be unaffected. Now when I try to change their data the trainers levels change and fluctuate, as in the first trainer you face may be level 5, but the next one you fight would be level 20, then 45, then level 3, then level 70, you get the idea hopefully. The gap would continue all the way up to one hundred. Maybe I'm just dumb cause I'm no cpu expert but I'd like to know how if I can solve this. :) Thank you.

Hello there I am new to the ROM world and randomization, whenever I try to access personal stats or any other randomization it gives me this message please help.

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Personal_Click>b__34_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 587
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.402, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\al714\Desktop\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\al714\Desktop\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

Edited by ThePsyGuy021

I managed to randomize my pokemon X I think... I followed the first set of instructions on this page: https://zetadesigns.github.io/randomizing-layeredfs.html

Problem  is, I am not 100% sure if I am starting it correctly. I assumed a digital version would appear on home screen, it doesn't. So it occurred to me it required the cartridge in- something definitely happened, the game crashed immediately with a long error code. I have no idea how to open the .dmp file to copy/paste on here... bluescreenview doesn't work, and my laptop does not have winDbg on it.

So I am uploading a copy of dump file so someone can help me figure out what is wrong. Hopefully if all else fails I can remove the rom and still be able to play my X game normally.

crash_dump_00000000.dmp

2 hours ago, Fops1048 said:

,I managed to randomize my pokemon X I think... I followed the first set of instructions on this page: https://zetadesigns.github.io/randomizing-layeredfs.html

Problem  is, I am not 100% sure if I am starting it correctly. I assumed a digital version would appear on home screen, it doesn't. So it occurred to me it required the cartridge in- something definitely happened, the game crashed immediately with a long error code. I have no idea how to open the .dmp file to copy/paste on here... bluescreenview doesn't work, and my laptop does not have winDbg on it.

So I am uploading a copy of dump file so someone can help me figure out what is wrong. Hopefully if all else fails I can remove the rom and still be able to play my X game normally.

crash_dump_00000000.dmp 796 B · 2 downloads

The same thing happened to me I tried to paste it here as well but it wouldn't work if you find a fix please let me now, How did you get the personal stats to work.

Edited by ThePsyGuy021

37 minutes ago, ThePsyGuy021 said:

The same thing happened to me I tried to paste it here as well but it wouldn't work if you find a fix please let me now, How did you get the personal stats to work.

I didn't mess with those. :P I only want to randomize encounters, starters, and trainer battles. Everything else I want left alone.

Far as the dump file goes, pretty sure I could copy/paste it if I had a way to actually open and view it... notepad just displays garbage. No idea what to use to open it for proper looking at. But 3DS showed it perfectly.