pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

hello, so im trying to randomize my copy of X and when I use anything in the exeFS tab it says .code.bin not decompressed, abort. was wondering if I could get some help here.

this line of code pops up too

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.BitConverter.ToUInt16(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
   at pk3DS.MartEditor6.getList() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen6\MartEditor6.cs:line 155
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Mart_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 989
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\
Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.397, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\sam bostick\Desktop\pk3DS Build 397\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\sam bostick\Desktop\pk3DS Build 397\pk3DS.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

Edited by Maskedtime64
Color of font

Hi, how's it going? So i'm having a certain issue with my randomized version of pokémon Moon. The game bugs whenever a trainer uses a mega form. I allowed random megas to appear in the wild as well as allow trainers to have them, but when i beat a trainer whose last pokémon is a mega, the game says that the trainer is about to send the same pokémon i just defeated... but it sends the mon with no sprite, hp in the red, and i can't damage it, thus getting stuck in a loop.

Weird thing is that Hau sent me an Ampharos, mega-evolved it and i could finish the battle (it was the starter battle, 1st in the game) but then sent me a Beedrill on the 2nd battle, mega-evolved it, and i got stuck. Same with another trainer in other version of the randomized game, sending an Aerodactyl and mega-evolving it. I could just turn off mega-evos, but, is there a way to fix this? Thanx in advance

1 minute ago, omimic said:

Hi, how's it going? So i'm having a certain issue with my randomized version of pokémon Moon. The game bugs whenever a trainer uses a mega form. I allowed random megas to appear in the wild as well as allow trainers to have them, but when i beat a trainer whose last pokémon is a mega, the game says that the trainer is about to send the same pokémon i just defeated... but it sends the mon with no sprite, hp in the red, and i can't damage it, thus getting stuck in a loop.

Weird thing is that Hau sent me an Ampharos, mega-evolved it and i could finish the battle (it was the starter battle, 1st in the game) but then sent me a Beedrill on the 2nd battle, mega-evolved it, and i got stuck. Same with another trainer in other version of the randomized game, sending an Aerodactyl and mega-evolving it. I could just turn off mega-evos, but, is there a way to fix this? Thanx in advance

Restore backups and randomize only once.

2 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Restore backups and randomize only once.

Thanks, will do. Also, is there a way in Sun/Moon to get the randomized starters to show as a 3d model? When i get to pick the starter, the models stay the originals, and same as the names. It only changes the text referring to the types of the mons, and i don't get to know in-game what pokémon i get as a starter until i get to nickname it.

5 minutes ago, omimic said:

Thanks, will do. Also, is there a way in Sun/Moon to get the randomized starters to show as a 3d model? When i get to pick the starter, the models stay the originals, and same as the names. It only changes the text referring to the types of the mons, and i don't get to know in-game what pokémon i get as a starter until i get to nickname it.

You have to have your console load CROs and exefs in order for the game to be in sync. One file determines what is shown, the other determines what is picked out.

2 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

You have to have your console load CROs and exefs in order for the game to be in sync. One file determines what is shown, the other determines what is picked out.

Hmm, then it must've been some problem with the CRO's. It's because i'm not playing the game with patches, but rather rebuilding the entire rom as a cia. And i must've missed something regarding CRO's... but i didn't have a starter option in the CRO section of pk3ds. For Moon, at least. It was included in static encounters and it didn't give an option to change the models, now that i think about it. It must've been that, probably. Still, the text for the names didn't update too.

Hey man. So I've been tinkering with a rom for Pokemon Y that has been decompressed by HackingToolKit3ds for use on Citra.

So it randomizes well, but misses a few options? ground items, move sets and shop stock didn't randomize when I chose them to.
This has been an ongoing occurrence as the same happens with Pokemon ORAS. Any idea's?

I also get the "Detected Compressed code binary. Decompress? Files will be replaced." every so often..

On 5/10/2019 at 5:26 PM, Jefferz19 said:

Hey man. So I've been tinkering with a rom for Pokemon Y that has been decompressed by HackingToolKit3ds for use on Citra.

So it randomizes well, but misses a few options? ground items, move sets and shop stock didn't randomize when I chose them to.
This has been an ongoing occurrence as the same happens with Pokemon ORAS. Any idea's?

I also get the "Detected Compressed code binary. Decompress? Files will be replaced." every so often..

copy the ExtractedExeFS folder file back to your decompressed game files, then delete the "code.bin" file there and rename the ".code.bin" by removing the "." (dot). Then rebuilt your game. Remember to keep a ".code.bin" file (file with the "." (dot)) PK3ds cant modified shop item without the (dot).

Image 1.png

Edited by Anelrush
correction

hey there, my rom is fine and i decrypted it fine but no matter what i do my exefs wont change, saying .code.bin is not decompressed AFTER decompressing it when it gives me the pop up. how do i fix?

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at pk3DS.ShinyRate..ctor() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Subforms\ShinyRate.cs:line 59
   at pk3DS.Main.B_ShinyRate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 1029
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.396, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Lampy\Desktop\frick\pk3DS.exe

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

C:\Users\Lampy\Desktop\frick\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

On 5/13/2019 at 3:29 AM, Anelrush said:

copy the ExtractedExeFS folder file back to your decompressed game files, then delete the "code.bin" file there and rename the ".code.bin" by removing the "." (dot). Then rebuilt your game. Remember to keep a ".code.bin" file (file with the "." (dot)) PK3ds cant modified shop item without the (dot).

Image 1.png

So does this also fix the ground items + the TMs?

Ok, back here again. I need some advice. So, i was randomizing pokemon moon. I manage to randomize moves, starters, abilities, wild encounters all this is ok. Managed to change the text for the starters since there is no DLLPoke3Select.CRO, so i believe only the text can be changed in this games. But the problem comes with the shop and TM randomization. So, for the TM's i heard that it only works if you don't have the game updated, is this true? And the shops... the CRO should be modified, but still the shops will stay vanilla. Is it because the game is updated, or it might be some other issue?

For extra references, as i said, i'm not patching the game with Luma, i'm just extracting the whole rom, randomizing things, then pick up the whole rom again (all the files from the folder i use to randomize) and rebuild the rom as a .cia, then install it.

On 2/10/2015 at 6:40 AM, Kaphotics said:

Edited ROMs can only be played on exploited consoles.

Please do not ask (nor private message me) how to obtain/dump/decrypt/unpack/repack ROMs as that is unrelated to the functionality of this program.

Download Link At Bottom of Post

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f44rQd9Kxr.png

pk3DS is a ROM editor for 3DS games with tools from various contributors.

All editors displayed are fully functional.

Simply feed it a folder (drag/drop or by File->Open) which contains the game romfs & exefs extracted content folders.

iEsoudA.png

Randomizers available:

• Trainer Battles (Pokemon / Items / Moves / Abilities / Difficulty / Classes)
  • Wild Encounters (Species, Level, Gen/Legend Specific, ORAS DexNav won't crash!)
  • Personal Data (Pokemon Types / Stats / Abilities / TM Learnset)
  • Move Randomizer (Type / Damage Category)
  • Move Learnset (Level Up / Egg Move)
  • Evolutions
  • TM Moves
  • Special Mart Inventory
  • etc

Download the latest version here (log in as guest, zip is under Artifacts tab)

Source code is available on my GitHub.

I have a problem with the ranodmizer. It keeps randomizing my opponents movesets to ridiculous things like Fusion flare for a Blaziken and i dont know why? I have not touched anything that should be able to randomize such things. 

So i decrypted, extracted, randomized and rebuilt my 3ds file that im trying to use in citra, but everytime i try to use the file in citra it crashes? it wont load the game at all, although the 3ds file UNRANDOMIZED runs perfectly fine. Ive already renamed .code.bin to code.bin, and have 0 clue what to do or how to fix this

2 hours ago, NyaAiko said:

Try: Copy the relevant files to it's own folder, then open that folder.
Minimally, I think that folder needs to contain an exe and romfs folder, and they can't be empty.

edit: It appears your PackHack folder is missing exe and romfs folder. I don't think you extracted the files properly..

On 5/29/2019 at 6:57 AM, NyaAiko said:

Where's the 'ExtractedRomFS' and 'ExtractedExeFS' folders at? Did you dump the ROM via Cart (.cia/.3ds) or Digital Copy (.cxi)?

Edit: if your dumping via cart, make sure you encrypt the .CIA file before you continue onwards.

Edited by VeteranJaime
A Tip on .CIA files (for ROM Editing/Extraction)
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:57 AM, NyaAiko said:

Your build of the program is severely out of date. Please update to the latest build by following the instructions in the original post before saying the program doesn't work.

Current main GUI looks vastly different from the one in your video:
RomFS Editing Tools

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 10 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
Parametername: Value
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   bei pk3DS.Main.<B_Wild_Click>b__36_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:Zeile 648.
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.399, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\pjm-g\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21276.11292\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=de, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

C:\Users\pjm-g\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa21276.11292\pk3DS.Core.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=de, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

--------------------
User Message:
The program must now close.

Crash after pressing the wild encounters ...

• 2 weeks later...

This error came up when I attempted to edit a single line of text. In fact, it comes up when I attempt to edit any parts of the game. No files get overwritten or modified, which means nothing is getting corrupt. The last time I used this tool worked without any issues, and was even using the same extracted game files directory.

The file path to the extracted game files is: E:\Nintendo\3DS_Stuff\Mods\SupernovaSunCustomBuild\Extra_Files\Extracted_ROM.

Could someone please tell me why this is happening? I am using Windows 10 Enterprise Build 17763.529 with Win32 long paths enabled.

Exception Details:
System.IO.IOException: The directory name is invalid.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.packGARC(Byte[][] data, Int32 version, Int32 contentpadnearest)
   at pk3DS.Core.CTR.GARC.MemGARC.set_Files(Byte[][] value)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_GameText_Click>b__30_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 464
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.387, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
E:\Nintendo\Pokemon\pk3DS_Build_387\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

E:\Nintendo\Pokemon\pk3DS_Build_387\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
The program must now close.

I have some problems trying to randomize my Pickup Items and Tms for Ultra Moon. I randomized everything using the newest pk3ds and even double checked if it all was randomized. I then rebuild it as a .cia using 3DSBuilderMod. But after playing for a little did i realize that everything besides these two were randomized, aka Trainers, Starters, Wild encounters were random just not the Pickup Items and Tms. Does anyone know why and perhaps even has a way to fix it?