pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

I was wondering if anyone knew why the pk3ds wont work when I try to randomize TMs and Poke Marts,

Everything in the ExeFS does not work.

The error message says, "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Please let me know what you think, thank you

8 minutes ago, erikl said:

I was wondering if anyone knew why the pk3ds wont work when I try to randomize TMs and Poke Marts,

Everything in the ExeFS does not work.

The error message says, "System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

Please let me know what you think, thank you

Dump your ROM correctly.

I redumped and it still didnt work

5 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Dump your ROM correctly.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong, i dump the game then move it to the extraction point and rename it game, and then i try to randomize

Does anyone know why when I randomize my starters the pokemon i get is different than any of the pokemon i could choose from?

okay so I'm fairly new to using this thing, is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to use each part of it? I've been trying to edit Mega Evolutions and I can't figure it out for the life of me. For example, trying to give Milotic a Mega Evolution using the Prism Scale as the item, but I read that only Pokemon with two forms can be made to Mega Evolve, but I can't figure out how to say swap the Pokemon for Milotic

furthermore is there just a complete guide on what I would need to make a custom romhack anywhere? Most stuff I've found seems outdated and I'm not sure what kinds of things I would need (i.e. HANS, Ohana, etc)

Edited by The Majestic Mr K

1 hour ago, The Majestic Mr K said:

okay so I'm fairly new to using this thing, is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to use each part of it? I've been trying to edit Mega Evolutions and I can't figure it out for the life of me. For example, trying to give Milotic a Mega Evolution using the Prism Scale as the item, but I read that only Pokemon with two forms can be made to Mega Evolve, but I can't figure out how to say swap the Pokemon for Milotic

The common method of 'adding' megas is to overwrite the data (sprite, model/animation, learnset, cry, etc) of another species and its mega form. They're usually only done for single use battle hacks, since it effectively deletes existing content.

37 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

The common method of 'adding' megas is to overwrite the data (sprite, model/animation, learnset, cry, etc) of another species and its mega form. They're usually only done for single use battle hacks, since it effectively deletes existing content.

Would you recommend me going through with it, and if so, where would I find the data of another mon to overwrite?

Whenever I try to use ExeFs, I just get the following error(Or one like this)

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at pk3DS.ShinyRate..ctor() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Subforms\ShinyRate.cs:line 59
   at pk3DS.Main.B_ShinyRate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 951
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.355, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\*Me*\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\*Me*\Desktop\3DS Randomizer Pack\3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize\pk3DS.Core.dll

I have absolutely no clue what this means, as I am a total noob at this. So, I figured I'd post here. Would really appreciate some help!

Edited by Pxmax

Is it possible to add options from UPR like random typing but evolutions follow the types/abilities/similar BST based on the base Pokemon? So, the type will be randomized on the earliest evolution and some will gain types in later stages and doesn't shuffle the base evolution line.

Ex.

Bulbasaur - Normal/Ice

Ivysaur - Normal/Ice

Venasaur - Normal/Ice

but also in the same game

Squirtle - Flying

Wartortle - Flying

Blastoise - Flying/Dragon

Gastly - Fighting

Haunter - Fighting/Bug

Gengar - Fighting/Bug

Right now when I tried to use this it will just completely randomize every type on every Pokemon, and going into the Evolution settings it seems to only have options to completely shuffle the evolution lines if I want similar BST

edit : also something like TM bias with new typings?

Edited by ssourr

2 hours ago, ssourr said:

Is it possible to add options from UPR like random typing but evolutions follow the types/abilities/similar BST based on the base Pokemon? So, the type will be randomized on the earliest evolution and some will gain types in later stages and doesn't shuffle the base evolution line.

Ex.

Bulbasaur - Normal/Ice

Ivysaur - Normal/Ice

Venasaur - Normal/Ice

but also in the same game

Squirtle - Flying

Wartortle - Flying

Blastoise - Flying/Dragon

Gastly - Fighting

Haunter - Fighting/Bug

Gengar - Fighting/Bug

Right now when I tried to use this it will just completely randomize every type on every Pokemon, and going into the Evolution settings it seems to only have options to completely shuffle the evolution lines if I want similar BST

edit : also something like TM bias with new typings?

https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/issues/335

• Like 1

Ah, my bad. Figured it was too obvious to not have been asked but worth a shot. Thanks anyway, still cool as it is.

edit: Since you can edit evolves in it to be random/alter levels, would it be possible to add an option to remove ALL evolutions? Crazy idea for a playthrough with every pokemon randomed up and no evolutions, every one unique and won't have to worry about everstoning a non final evolution or mashing B every level.

Edited by ssourr

8 hours ago, Andarkvolt said:

Is anyone else having issues editing a Pokemon's abilities in USUM? Not matter what I change it to in the editor, it just doesn't change in the game.

Is this with regard to Pokemon in your party or boxes?

The 'current Ability' of a Pokemon is part of each individual Pokemon's unique data - changing the ROM ability just tells the game to assign that ability to newly generated Pokemon of that species.

In order to change the Ability of a Party or Boxed Pokemon, you need to either use Pokehex (and use the hack-enabled setting), or, if the Pokemon has two different possible abilities (and the changed ability is not the Hidden Ability), you can use two Ability Capsules in succession (IIRC the game will crash if the ROM Ability 1 is the same as Ability 2, and you use an Ability Capsule on a Pokemon whose Ability is not that ability (and its Ability is not the Hidden Ability).

• Like 1

Can anyone help me out with handling GARCs when it comes to playing on Citra

Also some help on what to do if I end up messing with Shiny Rate and the TMs since it's not just edits to the RomFS folder and can't seem to find good help if you rebuild the rom each time to play using Citra and not the folder patches on a 3DS. I've only seen help with modifying the first tab of RomFS and just overwriting the folder in PokeHacks but the ExeFS tab is new to me

Edited by ssourr

Can anyone help me?

I'm randomizing Pokemon Moon.

When I try to randomize trainers with the option "Random Held Items" unchecked, the randomizer doesn't work correctly and It randomizes the items, also the option "Type Theme Trainers" doesn't work. The first issue also causes that many trainers get a megaevo that gets buggy when the pokemon is fainted and I have to turn off the console, so I want to exclude megastones or items from the randomizer, but as I said, I still getting them randomized when I use the tool whether the option is checked or unchecked.

Edited by markchang
Forget Pokemon Edition

So I'm recoloring every 'mon, trying to test out the first ~75 and got through replacing the bins and built into a GARC. At this point what is the next step? I tried getting to here and just renamed the GARC and deleting the old 4 file but that didn't seen to work, the rom just crashed on startup last time. Can anyone help a dude out?

4ki8WCk.png

NEVERMIND. I must have messed something up last time because it worked just renaming it. can ignore this question.

I am still lost on editing TMs and Shiny Rate though

Edited by ssourr

so I'm running across a issue in the game where the trainer will mega evolve their pokemon, and after beating it i will get a prompt saying that the trainer is "switching to another pokemon" but thy don't have any pokemon and the pokemon their switching to is the previous form of the mega pokemon.. EX: mia school girl trainer ( will be a random trainer during the battle ) will mega evolve venasaur and upon beating their one and only pokemon they will switch to venasaur, who will not show up in battle but will have 7 hp, thus i can't finish the battle or do anything. all my attacks fail.any idea of fixing this ?" i've tried to re install everything all over again but when i resume my save i just run across the same issue again, and it doesn't seem like i can modify the trainer themselves inside the editor. either

2018-08-09_16-49-59.549_bot.bmp

2018-08-09_16-49-59.549_top.bmp

Hi, can someone give me advise please. I've got the ramdomiser working fine but I can't seem to get the shiny editor to work. I've even clicked on the 'everything shiny' button. but it doesnt seem to work. Is there a GARC file i am missing moving across to the SD card?