pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

16 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

>3DS Randomizer Pack\Step 2 - Randomize

This is a recurring theme... the latest flurry of 'im having issues' posts all can be traced back to incorrect dumping of game data, aka a bad tutorial.

Refer to the following post for more information/fix:

Not the first time the answer was right under my nose.
I dumped correctly and disabled my antivirus for during PK3DS editing and my WE changes are now in full effect!

However, the same crash still occurs when I open the WE a second time in the same instance of PK3DS.
Although, if I close PK3DS and then re-open it I can edit the WE again with no problem at all. (unless I open it again in the same instance)
It's a minor workaround, but atlast I get my desired results.

Mistakes are part of the learning process. I appreciate the help!

My thanks! 

Not sure if this is entirely the randomizer's fault or not, but I Just thought that I'd bring this to attention. Whenever a trainer only has a single pokemon and that pokemon is mega, when it's killed it will revive again in the red if one of your own pokemon try to learn a new move afterwards. This results in a soft-lock where the revived mega pokemon will be invisible and won't be able to be hit. However, if the trainer had more than one pokemon and one of them is mega, the same thing will happen except the game won't soft-lock if the mega isn't killed last, it's still revived, but if it isn't killed last you'll get the chance to kill it again except for whatever reason it's not in its mega form. This is in Ultra moon by the way.

Edited by S00nai
forgot to add something.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:31 AM, KitsuneNoMeiji said:

After some troubleshooting, I finally figured out my problem. The tutorial I was following was mistaken. Under the tutorial's instructions, I was to copy the .trim.3ds from the gamecart in godmode9 to the SD card when in actuality I was supposed to decrypt it, not copy it. It was neither a user error ("dirty" folder) nor an application error, it was an instructional error. Personal Stats is now working. Hope this helps anyone who followed the same ("updated") tutorial I did and is having the same issue...

But how did you decrypt it from gm9?? I am having the same issues with Personal Stats and ExeFs on Alpha Sapphire and I have tried so many different things. Simply deleting everything and starting fresh does not work and I have also disabled my antivirus and tried to exclude pk3ds from the firewall but I get the same error. If decrypting it is all I need to do then where is the option? If ANYONE can enlighten me to what I am missing here I would appreciate it.

On 4/14/2018 at 5:39 PM, danjer said:

I would very much like to know as well, basically if it's possible to implement a way either here or in pkhex to permanently force the festival fan npc's grades to go up with yours. It would be fantastic if this were possible because I can't go online. Plus this will make the battle agency more like the real battle factory. Thanks for all the amazing work you do Kaphotics!

Also want to know if there is way to do this, maybe I missed it but i didnt see option like that in randomiser and pkhex, just edit npc team but it resets next day or if I beat the grade

On 4/19/2018 at 9:48 PM, S00nai said:

Not sure if this is entirely the randomizer's fault or not, but I Just thought that I'd bring this to attention. Whenever a trainer only has a single pokemon and that pokemon is mega, when it's killed it will revive again in the red if one of your own pokemon try to learn a new move afterwards. This results in a soft-lock where the revived mega pokemon will be invisible and won't be able to be hit. However, if the trainer had more than one pokemon and one of them is mega, the same thing will happen except the game won't soft-lock if the mega isn't killed last, it's still revived, but if it isn't killed last you'll get the chance to kill it again except for whatever reason it's not in its mega form. This is in Ultra moon by the way.

Finally got around to testing this and I'm unable to replicate using the latest build. The game didn't softlock and ended the battle as intended.

Hello Trying to randomise X for the first time. Using 304.

The starter pokemon choices were Golbat, Elektross and Spritzee. Okay sure. The models and the names were right, though the types were not. I can live with that.

I chose Spritzee. "You received Lugia!" I did indeed receive Lugia.

Normally I'd be like YEEEE LUGIA but... I wanted the Spritzee.

How do I make it so that whatever options it gives me are actually the options I get?

Edit: I just tried again, and this time my Happiny was a Spearow.

Okay so I solved my own problem.

When I randomised Starter Pokémon and THEN the Gift Pokémon, it gave me two sets of starters. One set that were displayed, and one which were actually received.

If I randomise the Gift Pokémon first (for the purposes of the non-starter gifts) and THEN randomise the starters, it will put them in sync with each other.

A suggestion would be to remove the starters from the Gift Pokémon section, or for some way to force the two choices to align.

A last question:

Does toggling on the Game/Event Legends force it to be them? I found it odd that my original attempt gave both Shauna and I legendaries.

Another question: is it possible to have a game that's both randomised AND updated? If so how?

Edited by KatieQuinze

20 hours ago, KatieQuinze said:

The models and the names were right, though the types were not. I can live with that.

"The Grass-type Pokémon", "The Fire-type Pokémon", and "The Water-type Pokémon" are all flavor text when choosing the starters; this does not reflect their actual Types and pk3DS does not update this.

A suggestion would be to remove the starters from the Gift Pokémon section, or for some way to force the two choices to align.

pk3DS already warns users about this. If the user decides to ignore the warning, it's their fault, not the program's. ;)
image.png.f1fdcfab50d2d58971d317e9a7292379.png

Does toggling on the Game/Event Legends force it to be them? I found it odd that my original attempt gave both Shauna and I legendaries.

No, pk3DS does not force Legendary/Mythical Pokémon if those checkboxes are checked, it simply adds them to the possible randomized species.

Another question: is it possible to have a game that's both randomised AND updated? If so how?

Dump your game's update data using GodMode9, decrypt/extract it, and overwrite your existing ROM dump with the extracted contents of your update data dump.

Hello,

So I've been trying to find an answer but haven't been able to through searches. I am using Luma to patch Ultra Sun and everything seemed to be working great. However, I noticed my Popplio has reached level 18, and has not evolved. I have only randomized wild encounters and used the remove trade evolutions option in pk3ds. Is there somewhere I should be looking to rectify this problem? I'm unsure if it is effecting other evolutions as well. 

Just now, Slaybird said:

Hello,

So I've been trying to find an answer but haven't been able to through searches. I am using Luma to patch Ultra Sun and everything seemed to be working great. However, I noticed my Popplio has reached level 18, and has not evolved. I have only randomized wild encounters and used the remove trade evolutions option in pk3ds. Is there somewhere I should be looking to rectify this problem? I'm unsure if it is effecting other evolutions as well. 

Unable to replicate using the latest build, Popplio still evolves at Lv. 17 after removing trade evolutions. Make sure your Evolutions GARC isn't corrupted somehow.
image.png.bfcb1d357073d74f0c745521ec7d42e9.png

1 hour ago, sora10pls said:

Unable to replicate using the latest build, Popplio still evolves at Lv. 17 after removing trade evolutions. Make sure your Evolutions GARC isn't corrupted somehow.
image.png.bfcb1d357073d74f0c745521ec7d42e9.png

I am getting the same result when I check file a/0/1/4 on SD card. Evolution Editor shows normal evolution requirements. However Popplio still is not evolving in game(if patch is on). Turned off luma patch an popplio evolved as normal. 

32 minutes ago, Slaybird said:

I am getting the same result when I check file a/0/1/4 on SD card. Evolution Editor shows normal evolution requirements. However Popplio still is not evolving in game(if patch is on). Turned off luma patch an popplio evolved as normal. 

Obtained a clean GARC, removed trade evolutions, and got a Popplio to Lv. 17; it evolved as intended. Still unable to replicate even in-game.

hiya, I've been trying to randomize my pokemon ORAS and Moon cartridges and while pk3ds has been working perfectly fine and I've double checked that it's saving my randomizations I've been having issues when I apply the appropriate files matching my changes that when I load it up in game that they haven't taken place like starters and (for ORAS ) the poochyena static encounter. All update data for these games has been removed and I've done this process with multiple dumps of the game just in case that was the issue

I've looked through dozens of issues on here to try and find a fix and nothing I have done has worked i hope someone can help me solve this issue it would be very much appreciated

https://youtu.be/k-pnqSsJBv0

For reference, this is the video I’ve been using I followed it originally but it wasn’t working with pk3Ds because I copied to gm9/out rather than decrypting but changing to Decrypt is the only different thing I’ve done from this tutoria

Realised my mistake patching was not enabled in luma 

Edited by TentacoolThings

Hi again!

Thanks for replying to me before. I know I was being dense, it was the first thing I tried upon hacking my 3ds for the first time.

Today's question, or comment, I'm not sure which... On the randomization of evolutions.

I caught a wild Charmander, which at level 16 evolved into a level 16 Weepinbell. So I got a leaf stone, and evolved it. It's now a Stantler. That's all fine, of course. But, it's dropped to level 12. I don't understand why?

1 hour ago, KatieQuinze said:

Hi again!

Thanks for replying to me before. I know I was being dense, it was the first thing I tried upon hacking my 3ds for the first time.

Today's question, or comment, I'm not sure which... On the randomization of evolutions.

I caught a wild Charmander, which at level 16 evolved into a level 16 Weepinbell. So I got a leaf stone, and evolved it. It's now a Stantler. That's all fine, of course. But, it's dropped to level 12. I don't understand why?

Different pkm have different 'exp' groups; having X exp on one species which levels fast is changed to another species with a different growth rate, which needs more xp to have that same level.

Level 16 charmander EXP is close to Level 12 stantler EXP.

You'd need to check the "share same EXP Growth" checkbox to get it to not evolve into other growth rate species.

9 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Different pkm have different 'exp' groups; having X exp on one species which levels fast is changed to another species with a different growth rate, which needs more xp to have that same level.

Level 16 charmander EXP is close to Level 12 stantler EXP.

You'd need to check the "share same EXP Growth" checkbox to get it to not evolve into other growth rate species.

Oh! Thankyou!

So I was digging around in the data files for Ultra Sun and wanted to see what would happen if I added some of the old HM items back into the game. From what I can tell they're still totally functional and behave like TMs, but they're no longer compatible with any Pokemon. Would it be at all possible to implement access to these via the Move Tutors tab under Personal, or is that outside of the tool's scope?

Another, sorry!

All the "starter pokemon" I've caught in the wild have evolved into Weepinbell. Froakie, Charmander being the latest.

I'm assuming I've checked something somewhere that tries to match the evolutions to something, but I can't figure out what?

I thought maybe that shared exp growth thing, but, the weepinbell turn into lower-levelled Stantler as mentioned previously.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm wondering if ORAS will get an EV editor for trainers in the future? It's a feature I really liked for SM editing. 

EDIT:
I have a question about how AI works. Is it higher number = better AI? Or is there a method to it? I noticed the E4 is set to "7" but the AI value goes up into the 200s. Is there a guide or explanation for this anywhere? 

Edited by Noejaci
found out previous question, have new question

I keep getting this error i am using the latest version in the link, with a fresh disassembly of both the game and the patch (alpha Sapphire): 

Exception Details:
System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at pk3DS.Main.fileSet(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean keep) in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 859
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Wild_Click>b__36_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 611
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.348, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\chaoz\Downloads\pk3DS Build 348\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\chaoz\Downloads\pk3DS Build 348\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

When I clicked the "static encounters", this error pops up. Could someone please help me with this ?

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '256' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at pk3DS.Main.<B_Static_Click>b__60_0() in C:\BuildAgent\work\ccf72a59f9911202\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 1042
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.352, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Ken\Games\Emulator\Citra-CC-MSVC-_18_11_2017\pk3DS Build 352\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Ken\Games\Emulator\Citra-CC-MSVC-_18_11_2017\pk3DS Build 352\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
The program must now close.

Also, I modded the game after I finished it. Now, as I start a new game, it froze when at the introduction clip ( when kukui calls you before you arrive in Aloha ). However, if I continue from previous save, the game would not freeze. How could I fix this ? 

Edited by khanghuynh93

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having a problem with randomising my TMs. I've had a quick google search to see if its anything I'm doing wrong and it doesn't look like i am.

Basically, the descriptions of the TMs are being randomised however the actual TM is not - meaning if I were to get the False Swipe TM it would contain False Swipe but have the description of say, Acrobatics. This does not change what False Swipe can be taught to, say if Volt Switch was Randomised to Roar of Time after defeating Wattson then Pokemon able to learn Volt Switch will learn Roar of Time instead.

Any help is appreciated.