pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before but I'm trying to edit static encounters in ORAS, specifically changing on of the mirage spot's pokemon to Hoopa, but after editing the romfs, putting DDlField.cro on titles/titleid/romfs and booting the game up while Enable Paches is selected, the game just loads the normal encounter like it read nothing from the new cro file. Any solutions?

19 minutes ago, H_crash said:

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before but I'm trying to edit static encounters in ORAS, specifically changing on of the mirage spot's pokemon to Hoopa, but after editing the romfs, putting DDlField.cro on titles/titleid/romfs and booting the game up while Enable Paches is selected, the game just loads the normal encounter like it read nothing from the new cro file. Any solutions?

remove any installed patches, the patch's romfs overrides your edited base rom files.

19 hours ago, Da Poke Spectre said:

Hey. I'd just like to know if there was a way to change the Poochyena in ORAS that learns all the fangs to something else? I see the Poochyena in the static encounters but that's the one at the start if I am not mistaken.

Thanks!

isnt all the fang moves learned via breeding?  if so any pooch can be used or changed in the editor to learn at set level

1 minute ago, darkmage1991 said:

isnt all the fang moves learned via breeding?  if so any pooch can be used or changed in the editor to learn at set level

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough, I meant the one at the start where you learn about sneaking that comes with a single fang move. Just wanted to know if I can change the Pokemon to something else or not.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Do I need to keep using 1.0 for USUM for pk3ds to work because I am trying with 1.1 and the game crashes.

Dump the 1.1 patch with GodMode9, overwrite files in your game dump with those from the update, and work from there. This applies to all games as well (XY 1.5, ORAS 1.4, SM 1.2).

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

How do I dump the patch itself? Because I tried dumping the whole game after installing 1.1 but not sure how to do just the patch.

GodMode9 -> [A:] SYSNAND SD -> title -> 0004008e -> 001b5000 (US) or 001b5100 (UM) -> content -> 00000000.tmd -> TMD file options... -> Build CIA (standard)

It'll dump to sd:/gm9/out/ which you can then extract on your PC.

Okay I extracted and i just got DecrytedExeFS.bin and DecryptedRomFS.bin. I used Asia81's HackingToolkit am I then meant to do something to the .bin folders to make then editable or is there a different program I should use.

Edit: in the mean time im going to try what you said again but instead of Build CIA, build a CXI

Edit: Alright dumping as CXI worked. Thank you for the help.

Edited by Brodie

i got an error code and idk what is at fault here

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializePersonal()
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializeAll()
   at pk3DS.Main.openQuick(String path) in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 205
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 94
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Graham\Downloads\pk3DS Build 206\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Graham\Downloads\pk3DS Build 206\pk3DS.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

Edited by SHMALLOW

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before but I'm trying to edit move that make contact to become not make contact. I'm playing Pokemon Sun.
From my experience in OR/AS, i just need to edit flag1 value in PK3DS, so from my understanding :

73 --> move make contact

72 --> doesn't make contact

75 --> move that need 2 turns attack (like fly, sky attack, etc)

76 --> move that need recharge after have been used ( like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Blast Burn, etc)

But in Pokemon Sun, flag 1 value is different.

So what should i do if i want to edit move that doesn't make contact ?

39 minutes ago, genocidekyuubi said:

Hi, sorry if this has been answered before but I'm trying to edit move that make contact to become not make contact. I'm playing Pokemon Sun.
From my experience in OR/AS, i just need to edit flag1 value in PK3DS, so from my understanding :

73 --> move make contact

72 --> doesn't make contact

75 --> move that need 2 turns attack (like fly, sky attack, etc)

76 --> move that need recharge after have been used ( like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Blast Burn, etc)

But in Pokemon Sun, flag 1 value is different.

So what should i do if i want to edit move that doesn't make contact ?

the flag1 is a bunch of flags (see bits); the lowest bit is apparently 'makes contact'.

73 = 1001001

72 = 1001000

Whenever I try to load my exefs and romfs files this error message shows up:

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializePersonal()
   at pk3DS.Core.GameConfig.InitializeAll()
   at pk3DS.Main.openQuick(String path) in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 215
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\86ef6ef9a1b8eb38\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 98
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.286, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\chris\Documents\pk3DS_Build_-_Windows_286_artifacts\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\chris\Documents\pk3DS_Build_-_Windows_286_artifacts\pk3DS.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

The files have been dumped from a physical copy of sun and I have changed the .code to .code.bin already. Any help would be appreciated.

hi there i am trying to increase the levels of the wild encounter pokemon in pokemon x, however when i try to increase the levels by 1.25 x change i just get an abort error which reade loads of files and errors, which i can post if needed.

any help is greatly appreciated 

EDIT: also fails on pokemon y

Edited by idlephantom

Okay, so I've tried out builds 205, 224 and 288, and no matter which one I use, changing Move Tutor data in USUM doesn't seem to work.

The changes show up when you talk to one of the Beach Tutors (or the Tree Tutor), but when I select, say, Cut (Bind => Cut), it's branded "Incompatible" for every Pokémon, even when I had previously ticked Bind in pk3DS's Personal/Move Tutors/Tutors column. Also, any changes I make to Move Tutors in shop.cro don't show up in Personal (when TM changes, stored in code.bin, do).

Is this something wrong with me and my changes, or a limitation of the program?

Edited by PokeMaster99999

45 minutes ago, PokeMaster99999 said:

Okay, so I've tried out builds 205, 224 and 288, and no matter which one I use, changing Move Tutor data in USUM doesn't seem to work.

The changes show up when you talk to one of the Beach Tutors (or the Tree Tutor), but when I select, say, Cut (Bind => Cut), it's branded "Incompatible" for every Pokémon, even when I had previously ticked Bind in pk3DS's Personal/Move Tutors/Tutors column. Also, any changes I make to Move Tutors in shop.cro don't show up in Personal (when TM changes, stored in code.bin, do).

Is this something wrong with me and my changes, or a limitation of the program?

Changing tutor shop selections doesn't work, same as OR/AS. There's a separate array which pk3DS doesn't change.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Changing tutor shop selections doesn't work, same as OR/AS. There's a separate array which pk3DS doesn't change.

...Okay then. That's quite disappointing. Since this is my first time using pk3DS (only got 3DS cfw/Luma in late November), I had no idea of this, or that it wouldn't have worked for ORAS.

So, I have to ask...why let someone edit something that doesn't work? As in, why not just have changing moves disabled in shop.cro (but leaving changing BP costs in)? I don't get it.

Lastly, I'm guessing ticking already-implemented moves (e.g. Fire Punch, Shock Wave, Water Pulse) works just fine? For example, ticking Earth Power on Typhlosion would allow Typh to learn it? I've been hesitant to touch Tutors since seeing the "Incompatible" label.