pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Hello. I'm fairly new to this sort of thing, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong but when I try to run the .exe I get this message:

b46f715006e3ed8a68734ac6fccf0d3f.png

I've searched for a solution but I haven't been able to find anything here or on google, and none of my friends have any ideas on how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated!! c:

2 hours ago, Gudakrabbo said:

Hello. I'm fairly new to this sort of thing, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong but when I try to run the .exe I get this message:

b46f715006e3ed8a68734ac6fccf0d3f.png

I've searched for a solution but I haven't been able to find anything here or on google, and none of my friends have any ideas on how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated!! c:

try running the .net repair tool

Hi Kaphotics, I'm wondering if it's possible to add an option for editing the battle agency? for example the grade of festival fans (the bots when no friends are invited, that always stay at grade 0). sets won't be a problem since the system pulls sets straight from the battle tree. I'm not sure if it would suit the pkhex more or if it's more static

Okay, .net repair tool failed. Trying to repair it from the programs list failed. Trying to scan via command prompt failed. System update Readiness Tool failed. But finally, chkdsk, my last line of defense, fixed the issue. Prolly should've tried that first considering the error but I'm a stubborn fool lol

Either way I can finally open the tool so let's see how it goes! c:

I've been messing around with the hex values of items and still can't seem to get any key items to move to other slots. I've edited all of the values I could think of to make these items the same as other held items, but they still insist on showing up in the key items slot. Is there something I'm missing here?

https://i.imgur.com/tYebOlt.png

table.png

Edited by Darkiceflame

How do you import an edited exeFS?

I've set the Shiny rate to be ~19.96%, changed Steel to resist Ghost and Dark (Game Freak should never have changed that...), and changed Attract TM to Swift, yet I can't get those changes to occur in-game.

When it comes to the romfs/a contents and shop.cro, you just replace the file with the edited one; yet when I copy the .code.bin file to the exefs folder, nothing happens in-game. When I rebuild the exeFS using PK3DS (into a .bin), and I drag exefs.bin into the exefs folder, nothing happens either.

Am I doing something wrong, or...?

1 hour ago, PokeMaster99999 said:

How do you import an edited exeFS?

I've set the Shiny rate to be ~19.96%, changed Steel to resist Ghost and Dark (Game Freak should never have changed that...), and changed Attract TM to Swift, yet I can't get those changes to occur in-game.

When it comes to the romfs/a contents and shop.cro, you just replace the file with the edited one; yet when I copy the .code.bin file to the exefs folder, nothing happens in-game. When I rebuild the exeFS using PK3DS (into a .bin), and I drag exefs.bin into the exefs folder, nothing happens either.

Am I doing something wrong, or...?

you need to rename .code.bin back to code.bin

31 minutes ago, nauyiep said:

you need to rename .code.bin back to code.bin

I double-checked, and...I had.

Just to be sure, I re-opened pk3DS, checked to see if my changes were still present in the .code.bin (they were), went to my US Dump folder, copied the .code.bin to my miniSD card (New 3DS XL user) - specifically luma/titles/00040000001B5000/exefs, and renamed it to code.bin (more accurately "code", because my system tends to selectively hide suffixes - for example, it hides .ips, .bin and .txt but not .3dsx or .firm, for whatever reason). I had also previously tried renaming it to "code.bin", but that didn't work either.

I have also previously installed UltraSuMoFramework (the best USUM cheat menu I've seen - got it from GBATemp, but didn't save the link) and three IPS patches from http://ftp.gbatemp.net/threads/usum-ips-patches.488802/ (specifically Shiny Lock Removal, mega-evolvED, and Bypass Mega Check).

Yet, when I go back in-game, TM45 is still Attract and still teaches Attract (I had thought the edit only changed what was being taught when the TM is applied to a Pokémon, but nope), Shiny chances are still normal, and Steel takes regular damage from Ghost and Dark.

What am I doing wrong?

2 hours ago, PokeMaster99999 said:

I double-checked, and...I had.

Just to be sure, I re-opened pk3DS, checked to see if my changes were still present in the .code.bin (they were), went to my US Dump folder, copied the .code.bin to my miniSD card (New 3DS XL user) - specifically luma/titles/00040000001B5000/exefs, and renamed it to code.bin (more accurately "code", because my system tends to selectively hide suffixes - for example, it hides .ips, .bin and .txt but not .3dsx or .firm, for whatever reason). I had also previously tried renaming it to "code.bin", but that didn't work either.

I have also previously installed UltraSuMoFramework (the best USUM cheat menu I've seen - got it from GBATemp, but didn't save the link) and three IPS patches from http://ftp.gbatemp.net/threads/usum-ips-patches.488802/ (specifically Shiny Lock Removal, mega-evolvED, and Bypass Mega Check).

Yet, when I go back in-game, TM45 is still Attract and still teaches Attract (I had thought the edit only changed what was being taught when the TM is applied to a Pokémon, but nope), Shiny chances are still normal, and Steel takes regular damage from Ghost and Dark.

What am I doing wrong?

No exefs folder needed, just paste it directly in the title Id folder

23 hours ago, nauyiep said:

No exefs folder needed, just paste it directly in the title Id folder

Ah, nice - I also had to remove the IPS patches, but...eh, they weren't that major.

Thank you! :D

Now, about pk3DS itself...I would love to see the ability to change what each move's Z-version is. For example, even though I made Strength a Rock-type move, it still 'upgrades' to Breakneck Blitz instead of Continental Crush. Also, I raised the BP of Aura Sphere to 120, yet its All-Out Pummelling is still 'only' 160 BP, instead of matching Focus Blast's 190.

Secondly, when I edited TM45 to contain Swift, it showed up on each Pokémon's "Personal Stats/Move Tutors/TMs" list. However, I have edited quite a few Move Tutor moves as well, yet none of those changes have ever appeared in the Tutors list, meaning I have to cross-reference the new moves with the old moves. I would like to see this changed, as it would eliminate tedium, and would match up with the nearby TMs list.

Could I humbly suggest these be put on the 'To-Do' list? Please?

10 minutes ago, Ericjwg said:

@Kaphotics are there any ways to use modified cro in USUM? I manually editd some cro. Using luma layeredfs, game crashes right after launched (didn't rehash the file); game crashes after title animation. (rehashed with pk3ds)

you have to enable to cro patch in luma config or something; don't rehash cros.

Can somebody give me some advice about use this tool.

i'm play pokemon ultra moon now, and i want to change this game a bit so i use pk3ds and HackingToolkit3DS for mod game.

the first i use HackingToolkit3DS  last ver : v11 09/07/2017 for extract file ulmoon.3ds, but it don't render ExtractedRomFS and ExtractedExeFS folder. Because of this, pk3ds build 207 last ver can't open it.

So i down version of HackingToolkit3DS  use ver 5.3 07/05/2016 for extract file. Ok it render ExtractedRomFS and ExtractedExeFS success and pk3ds can open and edit not problem.

But when i use HackingToolkit3DS  to rebuild this game, my citra can't open this, and it stop immediately.

i think HackingToolkit3DS has error, so and delete all file and extract ulmoon.3ds, after that i rebuild this game. the game size up from 3G6 -> 4G2 but it work no problem.

So i make a new test, i make new folder extract ulmoon.3ds, so use pk3ds go view some info, don't change anything, only view, so exit pk3ds and rebuild this game. it die immediately when open with citra ...

Anyone know this problem. Thank for reading.

Capture.PNG

On 12/3/2017 at 12:04 AM, Ryou said:

Can somebody give me some advice about use this tool.

i'm play pokemon ultra moon now, and i want to change this game a bit so i use pk3ds and HackingToolkit3DS for mod game.

the first i use HackingToolkit3DS  last ver : v11 09/07/2017 for extract file ulmoon.3ds, but it don't render ExtractedRomFS and ExtractedExeFS folder. Because of this, pk3ds build 207 last ver can't open it.

So i down version of HackingToolkit3DS  use ver 5.3 07/05/2016 for extract file. Ok it render ExtractedRomFS and ExtractedExeFS success and pk3ds can open and edit not problem.

But when i use HackingToolkit3DS  to rebuild this game, my citra can't open this, and it stop immediately.

i think HackingToolkit3DS has error, so and delete all file and extract ulmoon.3ds, after that i rebuild this game. the game size up from 3G6 -> 4G2 but it work no problem.

So i make a new test, i make new folder extract ulmoon.3ds, so use pk3ds go view some info, don't change anything, only view, so exit pk3ds and rebuild this game. it die immediately when open with citra ...

Anyone know this problem. Thank for reading.

Capture.PNG

try v9 of the toolkit

I just have a question. When I try to randomize my UM, I've noticed that its never picking things like Zeraora or any of the new ultra beasts even though you can manually select them. Was just wondering why this is happening?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

I just have a question. When I try to randomize my UM, I've noticed that its never picking things like Zeraora or any of the new ultra beasts even though you can manually select them. Was just wondering why this is happening?

I can double-confirm this. After 3 attempts at randomization with SMWE/SMTE and dumping changes to a text file, species 803-807 are never included once. Alternate Formes, however (Necrozma, Lycanroc, Totem, etc.), are included fine. Unsure if other editors are affected by this, though they probably are.