pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

i have tried editing flash to be a power of 50 and no matter what i try it wont actually do any damage in the game. i have set it to special/physical damage i tried copying the excat flags from other similar moves and nothing i try allows flash to do damage is there something im missing or is this not something that is possible?

EDIT: forgot to mention this is for omega ruby.

Edited by darkmage1991

i have tried every combination of the "qualities" drop down that involve doing damage. none have worked they do exactly what sora10pls showed, well except for when i tried to test and see if i can make flash do another effect so i tried copying over all of "wish" properties and it just straight said it failed.

i can try doing it manually in the garc but im not sure what im doing though i can try.

43 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Not sure what settings you are using.

image.png

Did you change the move qualities?

It's definitely possible that there's more move properties elsewhere / in battle scripting.

Try manually dumping the garc and overwriting the move data with another move.

i dumped the a/1/8/9 garc and got a 0.bin. assuming that was a "darc" or "mini" thing i dumped it again and it made like 600+ bin files all numbered with jibberish inside. i opened them with notepad++'s hex editor and that doesnt help me figure out what each file is referring too. 

Hi.

I did everything i had to do to decrypt the rom and randomize it.

But, when i randomize the trainers, their pokemon get no Moves. This counts for every Trainer.

Does anyone knw how to fix this?

(Randomizing all moves works, but i want the mons to have their normal level up moveset, which does not work)

55 minutes ago, sora10pls said:

Replying to what you said @Kaphotics, yes. I made Flash identical to Tackle.

image.png.1126980e8b034c914a3e44aba363acd8.png

Though unlike @darkmage1991, after dumping the move GARC with GARCTool, I got a 0.WDn file and I'm unsure what I'd do with that.

i dumped the move garc with pk3ds to get the 0.bin file. 

though i did use garctool first and got the same .wdn file and figured it was just cause garctool is old.

either way i am unsure of how to edit either the bin file/s or the wdn.

but i think the first .bin that pk3ds unpacks is the same thing as that WDn file that garctool unpacks, you can unpack the .WDn file with pk3ds to make the same numbered .bin files that i spoke about before 

and my first thought was each of those .bin's must be a move. but when you open them up on notepad++ its unreadable, and if you use HxD you have no idea what move it is(if it is even a move)

Capture.PNG

EDIT:

trying to do more research and i found this https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/issues/189

maybe one of those flags he speaks about is the culprit? i would like to test it but have no idea how he is finding those flags and what program he is using to do the edits and what file he is editing(.bin or .WDn)

Edited by darkmage1991
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sora10pls said:

Those files are each individual move (max for ORAS is 621, Hyperspace Fury).

Tackle = 033.bin
Flash = 148.bin

After doing a file comparison, the two moves are identical after modifying with pk3DS. It's definitely what Kaphotics expected, with the data being located elsewhere or in battle scripting.

image.png.4320511322516e5725ff043b7c694cb9.png

ok thanks. so it looks like this change isnt possible then. was just hoping to make flash usefull since you need to have it on atleast 1 pokemon

Edited by darkmage1991

On 2/9/2015 at 11:40 PM, Kaphotics said:

Edited ROMs can only be played on exploited consoles.

Please do not ask (nor private message me) how to obtain/dump/decrypt/unpack/repack ROMs as that is unrelated to the functionality of this program.

Download Link At Bottom of Post

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f44rQd9Kxr.png

pk3DS is a ROM editor for 3DS games with tools from various contributors.

All editors displayed are fully functional.

Simply feed it a folder (drag/drop or by File->Open) which contains the game romfs & exefs extracted content folders.

iEsoudA.png

Randomizers available:

• Trainer Battles (Pokemon / Items / Moves / Abilities / Difficulty / Classes)
  • Wild Encounters (Species, Level, Gen/Legend Specific, ORAS DexNav won't crash!)
  • Personal Data (Pokemon Types / Stats / Abilities / TM Learnset)
  • Move Randomizer (Type / Damage Category)
  • Move Learnset (Level Up / Egg Move)
  • Evolutions
  • TM Moves
  • Special Mart Inventory
  • etc

Download the latest version here (log in as guest, zip is under Artifacts tab)

Source code is available on my GitHub.

My trainer levels are too high when i randomize pokemon moon! hau has lvl 15 starters and O.K.O me. Pk3ds didnt make the trainers too high when i randomized omega ruby. Anways I need help figuring this one out! Also when i randomize tms and mart items it dosent randomize inside the game it just stays the same 

Edited by JimmyT

On 10/21/2017 at 11:50 PM, JimmyT said:

My trainer levels are too high when i randomize pokemon moon! hau has lvl 15 starters and O.K.O me. Pk3ds didnt make the trainers too high when i randomized omega ruby. Anways I need help figuring this one out! Also when i randomize tms and mart items it dosent randomize inside the game it just stays the same 

Trainer PKM levels - made the decimal value too high. For reference:
• 5% increase: set to 1.05
• 10% increase: set to 1.10
• 20% decrease: set to 0.80

TMs / Mart - they’re not stored in GARCs.

Assuming you’re still referring to Sun/Moon...
For TMs, move your modified code.bin to the appropriate location. For Mart, move your modified Shop.cro to the appropriate location.

These locations differ if you’re using Luma LayeredFS, SaltySD, or whatever else there is (NTR LayeredFS plugins?)

On 10/21/2017 at 7:03 PM, darkmage1991 said:

ok thanks. so it looks like this change isnt possible then. was just hoping to make flash usefull since you need to have it on atleast 1 pokemon

After midterms, I'm going to keep trying to find where the extra data is.

For Flash, based on my experimentation:

Status moves fail to function properly when you change them to be Special or Physical moves.

Moves whose targets are {any combination of opponent pokemon or single-target, special targets (field, etc.), self, allies} tend to fail when that targeting is changed. The failure mode varies depending on what was switched to what.

So for Flash - you could change it to have any effect, as long as you stick to effects that existed before gen VI, do not involve a charge or recharge turn, and work as Status move effects.

For example, you could alter it to confuse or flinch instead of or in addition to the stat change.

12 hours ago, ABZB said:

After midterms, I'm going to keep trying to find where the extra data is.

For Flash, based on my experimentation:

Status moves fail to function properly when you change them to be Special or Physical moves.

Moves whose targets are {any combination of opponent pokemon or single-target, special targets (field, etc.), self, allies} tend to fail when that targeting is changed. The failure mode varies depending on what was switched to what.

So for Flash - you could change it to have any effect, as long as you stick to effects that existed before gen VI, do not involve a charge or recharge turn, and work as Status move effects.

For example, you could alter it to confuse or flinch instead of or in addition to the stat change.

yea your right, i noticed that i can change flash to anything other than moves that deal damage. i successfully changed it while testing to lower any stat and raise any stat

Edited by darkmage1991

8 minutes ago, Shin Atomoz said:

How would I rid Dark Void of it's exclusivity flag? I gave it to a few things already before I remembered it was recently limited only to Darkrai.

I suspect that wherever this is is where the rest of the move flags whose locations are unknown are.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Darkiceflame said:

Is there any way to change an item's section? For example, I was hoping there might be a way to turn the dragon stones (Light Stone, Dark Stone and God Stone) from key items into held items so they could be used as mega stones.

Not with the current features of the program. Item editing only exposes the price property.

You'll have to hex edit them at the associated offset to make them Held Items. Should be offset 0x9 within the item data.

https://pastebin.com/f3GuVKCs

https://github.com/kwsch/pk3DS/blob/2aa06370c08df01ef017e02934d2f416539014ef/pk3DS.Core/Structures/Gen6/Item6.cs#L104