pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

For all of you who wants to edit roms using Citra emulator just follow this great video!

Just DON'T download v11 of HackingToolkit3ds, but choose V9 version and it works.

Don't ask me if this tutorial also works with 3ds physical games with homebrew etc etc.

Seconding the question about randomizing overworld items, would be neat.

But mostly I wanted to ask about the Berry piles in SM. The encounter tables of routes with Berry piles have sections with 100% Crabrawler, so I assumed changing those changes the Pokémon encountered via that method, simple as that. But despite my changing it, Crabrawler is still the only thing that appears. Is there something more I should do or is this maybe stored in another of those "a/" files, since I didn't copy all of them (I'm using the Luma patching).

I can't get most abilities to save after randomizing. A few are changing but the vast majority are reverting back to the originals. I have tried closing the programme before copying the files as suggested a couple of pages back but that hasn't helped. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've removed all game patches as well so I'm playing on the original release version of Pokémon Moon if that makes a difference and everything else is randomizing just fine, it's only the abilities that aren't.

19 hours ago, MrStu said:

Does anyone know if we can randomize items in the game (those collected from pokeballs in the overworld)? I can't see an option, and didn't know if it was possible. Thanks.

set by script files, not currently changeable

17 hours ago, eworm said:

Seconding the question about randomizing overworld items, would be neat.

But mostly I wanted to ask about the Berry piles in SM. The encounter tables of routes with Berry piles have sections with 100% Crabrawler, so I assumed changing those changes the Pokémon encountered via that method, simple as that. But despite my changing it, Crabrawler is still the only thing that appears. Is there something more I should do or is this maybe stored in another of those "a/" files, since I didn't copy all of them (I'm using the Luma patching).

set by script files afaik, not currently changable

3 hours ago, monkeymanj said:

I can't get most abilities to save after randomizing. A few are changing but the vast majority are reverting back to the originals. I have tried closing the programme before copying the files as suggested a couple of pages back but that hasn't helped. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've removed all game patches as well so I'm playing on the original release version of Pokémon Moon if that makes a difference and everything else is randomizing just fine, it's only the abilities that aren't.

unable to replicate on current version; all ability changes are saved.

I assume you are checking already captured pkm; the pkm file stores the current ability ID, not 0/1/2-Hidden. Capture something and you'll see the new abilities.

7 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

unable to replicate on current version; all ability changes are saved.

I assume you are checking already captured pkm; the pkm file stores the current ability ID, not 0/1/2-Hidden. Capture something and you'll see the new abilities.

I have tried and most pokemon still have their original abilities. Even in pk3ds after randomizing abilities and then checking the personal stats tab again after reopening the programme most pokemons abilities have reverted to their orginals

6 hours ago, monkeymanj said:

I have tried and most pokemon still have their original abilities. Even in pk3ds after randomizing abilities and then checking the personal stats tab again after reopening the programme most pokemons abilities have reverted to their orginals

It's definitely working fine in both Gen 6 and 7 after my testing...

Please make sure you're using the latest release; the latest commit was pushed ~13 hours ago.

4 hours ago, sora10pls said:

It's definitely working fine in both Gen 6 and 7 after my testing...

Please make sure you're using the latest release; the latest commit was pushed ~13 hours ago.

Even with the latest release it's still doing it, strange, nevermind I guess I'll just keep messing about and hope I can get it to work

12 minutes ago, Joele said:

Hi I need some help with pk3ds, especially with the shiny rate editor. When I changing the values the game crash ... would anyone help me?

Make sure you’re using the latest build of pk3DS. In addition to this, if you’re using something like LayeredFS or SaltySD, your code.bin dump must match the update data installed (if any is).

2 hours ago, sora10pls said:

Make sure you’re using the latest build of pk3DS. In addition to this, if you’re using something like LayeredFS or SaltySD, your code.bin dump must match the update data installed (if any is).

I have the latest version, the problem is that as soon as I start pokémon moon I leave this screen...20171007_195333.thumb.jpg.edf0433b2482efc707bc1bbbe25c2942.jpg

I have an old 3ds version 11.2.0-35U and am trying to hack an Omega Ruby as a gift for someone, what is the best route for me to take right now? (preferably without internet on the 3ds since the person I'm giving this to might accidentally update the game at some point, so id rather do the hack and then turn wifi off when i give it to her)

To be clear, right now i have the game, the 3ds and the sd card and that is all. i haven't braindumped or homebrewed yet. i couldnt get soundhax to work for some reason

Edited by daffyjlefty

4 hours ago, daffyjlefty said:

I have an old 3ds version 11.2.0-35U and am trying to hack an Omega Ruby as a gift for someone, what is the best route for me to take right now? (preferably without internet on the 3ds since the person I'm giving this to might accidentally update the game at some point, so id rather do the hack and then turn wifi off when i give it to her)

To be clear, right now i have the game, the 3ds and the sd card and that is all. i haven't braindumped or homebrewed yet. i couldnt get soundhax to work for some reason

Unrelated to pk3DS, use http://3ds.guide/ to get CFW so you can fully randomize your Omega Ruby. Any other method (ie, HANS with Homebrew) will not allow for CRO edits (starters, static, gift, type chart, etc.)

4 hours ago, sora10pls said:

Unrelated to pk3DS, use http://3ds.guide/ to get CFW so you can fully randomize your Omega Ruby. Any other method (ie, HANS with Homebrew) will not allow for CRO edits (starters, static, gift, type chart, etc.)

Well, I've gotten the game extracted and am currently editing it in PK3ds (I'm not randomizing, btw, im actually building it) any tips on how to edit the Exefs elements (Stores, tms/hms, etc.)?

Edited by daffyjlefty

Just now, daffyjlefty said:

Well, I've gotten the game extracted and am currently editing it in PK3ds (I'm not randomizing, btw, im actually building it) any tips on how to edit the Exefs elements (Stores, tms/hms, etc.)?

If your ExeFS tab buttons are disabled, your method of extraction is probably outdated. Make sure code.bin is named .code.bin, with the (.) at the end

How would you suggest I go about extracting so I can edit those exe files? They're not the BIGGEST thing in the world, but I'd like the option. 

Right Now I use Soundhax/Hans since everything newer seems to either require certain games or cater more toward sun/moon and don't work on my version.

1 hour ago, daffyjlefty said:

Right Now I use Soundhax/Hans since everything newer seems to either require certain games

On 11.2 and using the guide I linked you, you literally just need Soundhax... I'm not super well versed with HANS, and since basically everyone pushes for CFW, you're hindering yourself by loading with HANS. There's a tutorial specifically made for CFW I've linked a few pages back, even.

2 hours ago, sora10pls said:

On 11.2 and using the guide I linked you, you literally just need Soundhax... I'm not super well versed with HANS, and since basically everyone pushes for CFW, you're hindering yourself by loading with HANS. There's a tutorial specifically made for CFW I've linked a few pages back, even.

Sorry, I meant to also clarify that I am as novice as novice can get with this :/ I thought that the link you sent me was just to randomize. I'll try it out and get back.

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at pk3DS.RSWE.B_Randomize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\BuildAgent\work\b93f10d64d1a1178\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen6\RSWE.cs:line 595
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.152, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Downloads\Randomizer Tutorial\Step #3 - Randomize (pk3DS)\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
D:\Downloads\Randomizer Tutorial\Step #3 - Randomize (pk3DS)\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

I get this error every time I try to randomize encounters, but never any other time; all other randomizer options work without a problem, it's only encounters that throws the exception. Any knowledge on how to fix this?