pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

Every times I use the TitleScreen editor, the rebuild is a success, but if I re-open the TitleScren tab, pk3ds crash

This ^

I successfully modified the titlescreen image, rebuilt it, and played it. But now when I try to go back into the decrypted romfs, it crashes while it's loading titlescreen.

but when he sends the pokemon out its the ones that where on the stater selction in ep 1

Well I would assume he edits the save file before recording the episode, to add the new starter in. The generation of the 3 starters was likely still random, but that was not entered into the game by a randomizer, just his save was modified afterwards to swap out the original starter with the new one.

Hello,

Trying to build the latest github commit (using Visual Studio Express), but for some reason, I can't seem to run it from anywhere other than the directory it built to. Is there a reason that that's happening? I don't use Visual Studio for my projects often, so excuse me if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks!

Still not sure how to fix this. Any help?

but when he sends the pokemon out its the ones that where on the stater selction in ep 1

It looked like them. I'll explain it more in-depth.

Someone else generated 3 random pokemon. They then went into the game's files and replaced Treecko's, Torchic's, and Mudkip's models and animations with those three Pokemon's. Their names were changed from Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip to Darumaka, Togepi and Tynamo in the text files. They were generated random moves and abilities, but in essence, they were still Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip. For the first battle, he used what was essentially a Treecko. After that, there was a cut in the recording that the audience wasn't allowed to see. His save was extracted and edited so that he had an actual Darumaka instead of a Treecko, and it was probably at this point that the starters were un-model-swapped and their names were reverted, then the ROM was rebuilt, he injected his (modified) save, and continued the game with his 'randomised' starter on that new ROM.

The reason that wasn't shown, though, along with a bunch of other cuts, was simply for the sake of the viewer's entertainment. Yeah, it kills a little bit of the magic to know this, but there's no current way to do what he did except for what I just said (or a slight variation thereof). Sorry.

Still not sure how to fix this. Any help?

I can PM you the latest version I've built, or you can try to build your own using SharpDevelop. I know that you might wanna use Visual Studio Express, but I've been using SharpDevelop and it's been just fine.

I already edited CRO things thinking only Evolutions corrupted it, is there anyway to set CRO back to default without also resetting everything so my game won't crash?

Just re-dump your rom. pk3DS does not back up the CROs (will in future versions); CRO editing was never finished - it's not an advertised feature. and needs either 9.2 fw hax or a special solution that is beyond my abilities.

Seems that i can't encounter pokémon with NaviDex (o May's tutorial doesn't show up the pokemon)

May's tutorial is a scripted encounter and is not an encounter with a given encounter slot. It's not editable with the Encounter editor.

==

Evolution randomization with all 3 options has been fixed; for no options causing a crash I'll investigate later.

I can PM you the latest version I've built, or you can try to build your own using SharpDevelop. I know that you might wanna use Visual Studio Express, but I've been using SharpDevelop and it's been just fine.

Thanks, SharpDevelop worked. One thing I noticed, though; is the top toolbar supposed to be missing from the builds?

Hello. I have a question ---> How do I extract the romfs & exefs??? I need a program to do that???

See the first post of this thread:

Please do not ask (nor private message me) how to obtain/dump/decrypt/unpack/repack ROMs as that is unrelated to the functionality of this program.

Posted new version (11-04-15):

* Title Screen editing bug has been fixed.

* Added on-load backing up of CRO files (restoration is still manual).

* Added an About window instead of popup.

* Includes the fixed randomizer for Evolutions, onload fixes etc.

As a reminder, CRO editing is still not possible with currently available solutions.

Edited by Kaphotics

Posted new version (11-04-15):

* Title Screen editing bug has been fixed.

* Added on-load backing up of CRO files (restoration is still manual).

* Added an About window instead of popup.

* Includes the fixed randomizer for Evolutions, onload fixes etc.

As a reminder, CRO editing is still not possible with currently available solutions.

Thank you for your hard work! Is it possible to give an option in the trainer randomizer to type-theme only gym leaders?

Hi, I need a bit help ^^' I will try add new megaevolutions to my game, but I just can add it if the Pokémon had an alternative form (Like Deoxys, Pikachu, Rotom, Giratina...)

Can I add alternative form to any Pokémon? Like Espeon. If not... Can I extract an unown form for example, and add this entry to Espeon?

Should be fixed in the latest commit.

The max moves one should have is 25, anything more will break the move relearner.

Building in SharpDevelop fails:

'System.Collections.Generic.List<short>' does not contain a definition for 'Length' and no extension method 'Length' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Collections.Generic.List<short>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS1061) - C:\Users\pk3DS-master\pk3DS\Subforms\LevelUp.cs:111,31