PID and Encryption constant query

MaK

Hi there, I really want a team of competitive level legendaries

Not to USE online of course, that would be cheating, basically I wanna have them because I am a bit OCD (All my Pokemon have 6IVs) and of course I want to mess around with my friends using legendaries and I sure as hell am not going to waste 6 months trying to get a battle ready Kyogre with that long as all cutscene and all.

But I want to make them as legal as possible just to feel comfortable using them, since I know alot of people DO spend weeks on end soft-resetting, even if that means working their "PIDs" and encryption constant to the T.

So my questions is, say I want to make a 6IV Cosplay Pikachu, if I press re-roll PID and encryption constant, does that make that specific Pokemon legal or do PIDs and encryption constants correlate with things like IVs, Nature etc?

So if there is such a thing as a 6IV soft-reset Cosplay Pikachu will it be the same in terms as PID and encryption constant as all 6IV Cosplay Pikachu even PKHex'd ones?

or is PID totally random and the ones "re-rolled" might not match the Pokemon if it were legal?

PIDs are random and are not tied to any other values. The same can be said for encryption constants (less spinda spots for backwards compatibility). In this generation, PIDs are so random that any PID is legal.

Many thanks for the quick answer :)

If I may ask one more question, it regards event Pokemon.

If you recall, in previous gens, the OT of a Pokemon would either be blue or red depending if they were a male or female, and some events also applied this (granted the OT was not a person as such but it was colored as if it was one)

But in X/Y/ORAS it is neither red nor blue, so in order to accurately make an event Pokemon like Diancie etc, how do we go about doing it, is the "OT's gender" sort of hidden or like that.

I hope you understand my odd explanation

Many thanks for the quick answer :)

If I may ask one more question, it regards event Pokemon.

If you recall, in previous gens, the OT of a Pokemon would either be blue or red depending if they were a male or female, and some events also applied this (granted the OT was not a person as such but it was colored as if it was one)

But in X/Y/ORAS it is neither red nor blue, so in order to accurately make an event Pokemon like Diancie etc, how do we go about doing it, is the "OT's gender" sort of hidden or like that.

I hope you understand my odd explanation

I don't believe you should be making event pokemon from the ground up because their values are very specific (not PID/EC in GenVI), and it's better just to download a pkm from a legit one and edit to your liking. The only way to accurately make an event pokemon's gender, is guessing. Either that or seeing someone's pkm of said pokemon. OCT2014 Diancie for example has a male OT.