[HGSS] Pokemon Spirit Silver [HACK!]

ZephyrosDS

33y45n5.png

Introduction

Hey guys! I am Zephyros and I want to announce to you my first Pokemon Project (no pun intended)...Pokemon Spirit Silver! This is a hack made by yours truly, Zeph (me!). So a bit about myself. I love messing around with video games and I love messing around with Pokemon because I get to do a lot of things that I wish could've happened in my regular play through as a kid. I loved playing Pokemon and I still do so to show my love I decided to hack my favorite game...Soul Silver! I personally found that Soul Silver had so much potential but so little usage of that potential. I hated how the leveling curve was absolutely horrendous, the levels of the wild Pokemon were terrible, the trainer's Pokemon were terribly leveled. (I got more experience from wild battles than trainer battles.) So I took it upon myself to revamp Soul Silver and provide a more entertaining game in the forme of a hack...Spirit Silver.

Story

The story is the same. You thwart Team Rocket. Obtain the legendary, Lugia. Beat the 16 Gym Leaders and fight Red. Beat the game...ya know. The usual. However, it's more or less the experience that I have revamped. Although as time goes along, you can expect an update to the game with a few additional storylines...

Features [The Experience]

- All 451 Pokemon are available in this game. (Wild Grass, Water, Etc. + Legendaries which will be obtained from various events scattered through Kanto/Johto)

- Pokemon that evolve by trade have now been changed to evolve in a different manner. [Level up, item usage, etc.] (I will eventually release a TXT file disclosing all the evolutions and how to achieve them)

- Pokemon Movesets have been updated to Gen V (or may even be updated to GEN VI)

- Wild Pokemon Encounters have been updated

- Gym Leaders and Trainers have been updated. [Higher Levels, More AI, More challenges, More fun, Different Pokemon, More Fun!]

- All events (Pichu event, Celebi event, etc.) are being implemented into the game

- New/Different Storylines may be implemented

- Red's not so much the same anymore on top of that lonely mountain...

- The Kanto Gym Leaders have been gotten rid of. They have been replaced by an even more challenging, ruthless, and fearless group of leaders who aren't afraid to tear your world down...

Progress

I have done everything up to the second gym. I will update this post as I go along. Now. Don't expect a beta to come out soon however if you want to beta test this game then by all means send me a message. I am considering putting up a beta after the fourth gym...otherwise known as the Goldenrod Gym. I am putting content onto this game as much as I can with the time available. I just need to know how to specifically edit Professor Oak's intro text, mugshots/back sprites, and a bit of scripting help. If anyone can provide this to me...then you will be credit so much, I wouldn't be able to describe my gratitude.

Everything up until ILEX FOREST is just about done! Yay! I'm actually considering to add a few more potential events but other than that you can expect a playable BETA in the next two weeks!

If you want to see more progress. Head on over to my channel on Youtube: ZephyrosDS where I will post updates, trailers, and other info concerning my game. As well as tutorials for those who are interested to join Gen IV hacking.

Credits

- PPRE: For most of the work done in this hack. From trainers, to scripting, to wild encounters, to items. This has been the one most important utility in my arsenal.

- KazoWar: For developing BTX Editor which I could not have lived without.

- Project Pokemon: For help on my hack and all the help I will need in the future.

33y45n5.png.473aaa3b7682b02695617f977088

Edited by ZephyrosDS
To update what my hack has in it.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
This sounds so damn awesome!

But my exampreperation is taking too much time to really dig into it...

Can I edit the .sav to contain my HGSS Pokemon?

I'm thankful for your support! You can use your original HGSS Pokemon by importing them using PokeGEN. However, this game has been reworked to be playable from the start with a fresh new team. The beta I was going to release isn't ready yet, and won't be for a while. So don't worry it's not going anywhere! :D

Uh, several questions...

Will there be more Pokemon, for example Gen 5 ones?

Will the special event pokemon, like the event Mew, Pikachu, Beasts, Scizor, etc. be given somehow?

Will legendaries like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres etc. have custom battle themes?

Will there be something to do with the story after beating Johto?

Will there be new areas added?

Is there an estimated date for release?

Will version differences like Groudon/Kyogre or Latios/Latias be there, which would make certain legends unavailable, like Rayquaza?

Will it be free or will it need a survey or something to download?

Sorry if I annoyed you :( I´m really curious about this.

• 2 weeks later...
Uh, several questions...

Will there be more Pokemon, for example Gen 5 ones?

Will the special event pokemon, like the event Mew, Pikachu, Beasts, Scizor, etc. be given somehow?

Will legendaries like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres etc. have custom battle themes?

Will there be something to do with the story after beating Johto?

Will there be new areas added?

Is there an estimated date for release?

Will version differences like Groudon/Kyogre or Latios/Latias be there, which would make certain legends unavailable, like Rayquaza?

Will it be free or will it need a survey or something to download?

Sorry if I annoyed you :( I´m really curious about this.

No you didn't annoy me at all. Actually, I already answered most of these questions! But here are more definitive answers~

No there will be no Gen 5 pokemon. I want to stay as true as I can to the original HGSS games.

Yes there will be special event pokemon given in some way shape or form.

The legendaries may have special themes, that's an iffy subject but I'll get back to you on that.

Yes there will be something to do after beating Johto. "New/Different Storylines may be implemented" and "The Kanto Gym Leaders have been gotten rid of. They have been replaced by an even more challenging, ruthless, and fearless group of leaders who aren't afraid to tear your world down..."

No new areas will not be added. Mapping on Gen IV is pretty tough and the programs aren't all there for that :/

No estimated date of release yet.

All legendaries are available and there will be no version differences.

It's going to be totally free :D I find surveys stupid and a waste of time.

• 2 years later...