Hello everyone, how do you generate an egg by pkhex?

tnsktg123

Hello guys, how do you create an egg via pkhex? I tried checking the "is egg" box but it always gives me a bad egg. i saved it as pokemon.ekx as well. Did i name it wrongly? what do i put for the location met and the egg met conditions?

Any step by step guide or an example file would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

How to make a egg using pkhex

explained by a blonde so dont get your hopes up too high

1. Get the latest version of PKHeX. The devs of this app are such cool people they make a new version once every couple. Just do it. Click here for the thread

Otherwise its possible that you wont be able to read bin files.

2. Import your save by using RAM2Sav. You could also do that with all the others, but this one allows you to export pretty much all possible data of your savefile, which some you'll need for your eggs. Here's Ram2Sav. Make sure to read the instructions very well, to avoid confusion.

This one will be the easiest, on the second page of the thread there are both QR codes, so much easier to search those webpages.

3. Once your data is in PKHeX start creating the egg, here are the parameters of a egg.

"Main" tab

Nickname Box will be checked, inside of it there it will say "Egg".

Exp at 0, level 1

No held items

When marked "As egg" put a reasonable number as hatch counter, I have 40 on my example Dratini. (probably doesn't matter though)

If you want it to be extra legit put in your region info.

**Example**

JxFcyJD.png

------------------------------------------------------

"Met" tab

Origin Game: Set it to whatever, doesn't matter really but it'd be best to the game you plan to hatch it on (with the matching ID's)

Met location: (None)

Ball: Poke ball Check
here
if you're not sure.

Met level: 1

Met date: Will always say 01.01.2000 but the met date is when it'll hatch, so leave it be.

DON'T check fateful encounter, but check As Egg.

Egg Met Locations is in Day Care Helpers and set it a few days ago, in my case its 30.01.2015

**Example**

HEYTlAU.png

"Stats" tab

Press control and click on randomize to set them to 31 in every stat.

Do not give it EV's

Do not
give it contest stars either.. it can't have them yet (Maybe theoretically yes, but not in reality)

**Example**

CiBDLxd.png

"Attacks" tab

Look your Pokemon up, see what moves it gets at lv 1. Put them in, in the same order put them into the "relearn moves" tab.

If you have egg moves, put them under the lv 1 moves, and if you have more of them overwrite from the top. (Put the same into the relearn tabs)

**Example**

kasDlr3.png

"OT/Misc" tab

Drop your Egg off somewhere by right clicking a spare spot and press "Set".

Look for your TID (Trainer ID) and SID (Secret ID) on a Pokemon you caught/hatched yourself once you got it, go back to egg and fill them in.

Do not put anything into Latest Handler

**Example**

8WZ9JQZ.png

Now onto the memories. Hatch counter 20, Affection 0. Select the "The Pokémon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn’t seem to be able to remember..." One.

There, now drop it off again where you want to have it in your PC and follow the rest of the steps of Ram2Sav

10. Export ramsave.bin with the Export SAV button under the SAV tab.

11. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame (make sure you can see Brendan/May).

12. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

13. Go to http://bit.ly/1Caycho to run rsavin.bin.

14. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

15. Check your game for edits. If you're satisfied with them, save to write them to your game's actual save, otherwise close the game to revert them.

If you've got any questions then shoot

1. Get the latest version of PKHeX. The devs of this app are such cool people they make a new version once every couple. Just do it. Click here for the thread

2. Import your save by using RAM2Sav. You could also do that with all the others, but this one allows you to export pretty much all possible data of your savefile, which some you'll need for your eggs. Here's Ram2Sav. Make sure to read the instructions very well, to avoid confusion.

This one will be the easiest, on the second page of the thread there are both QR codes, so much easier to search those webpages.

3. Once your data is in PKHeX start creating the egg, here are the parameters of a egg.

"Main" tab

Exp at 0, level 1

No held items

When marked "As egg" put a reasonable number as hatch counter, I have 40 on my example Dratini. (probably doesn't matter though)

**Example**

JxFcyJD.png

"Met" tab

Origin Game: Set it to whatever, doesn't matter really but it'd be best to the game you plan to hatch it on (with the matching ID's)

here
if you're not sure.

Met date: Will always say 01.01.2000 but the met date is when it'll hatch, so leave it be.

Egg Met Locations is in Day Care Helpers and set it a few days ago, in my case its 30.01.2015

**Example**

HEYTlAU.png

"Stats" tab

Do not give it EV's

Do not
give it contest stars either.. it can't have them yet (Maybe theoretically yes, but not in reality)

**Example**

CiBDLxd.png

"Attacks" tab

Look your Pokemon up, see what moves it gets at lv 1. Put them in, in the same order put them into the "relearn moves" tab.

If you have egg moves, put them under the lv 1 moves, and if you have more of them overwrite from the top. (Put the same into the relearn tabs)

**Example**

kasDlr3.png

"OT/Misc" tab

Look for your TID (Trainer ID) and SID (Secret ID) on a Pokemon you caught/hatched yourself once you got it, go back to egg and fill them in.

**Example**

8WZ9JQZ.png

Now onto the memories. Hatch counter 20, Affection 0. Select the "The Pokémon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn’t seem to be able to remember..." One.

There, now drop it off again where you want to have it in your PC and follow the rest of the steps of Ram2Sav

oh no i'm still getting another bad egg :( i did everything as you said but it is still a bad egg.. :frown:

Bad egg? As in you take enough steps but it will not hatch? Make sure you save EXACTLY as the following steps of Ram2Sav. I'll link ya my file so you can edit to your likings.

https://hostr.co/brvAGdRJgWmK you can download it.

Thank you so much, will try again later! And yes i did exactly the same steps required of Ram2Sav but it still gives me a bad egg :(

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

"Main" tab

Exp at 0, level 1

No held items

**Example**

JxFcyJD.png

"Met" tab

here
if you're not sure.

**Example**

HEYTlAU.png

"Stats" tab

Do not give it EV's

Do not

**Example**

CiBDLxd.png

"Attacks" tab

**Example**

kasDlr3.png

"OT/Misc" tab

**Example**

8WZ9JQZ.png

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if we could go more in depth with the hatch counter. How can we calculate how many steps the egg will hatch in. I know making it 0 makes it hatch on the first step. What if I wanted to make the egg hatch in 1000 steps? 2000? or so on?

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if we could go more in depth with the hatch counter. How can we calculate how many steps the egg will hatch in. I know making it 0 makes it hatch on the first step. What if I wanted to make the egg hatch in 1000 steps? 2000? or so on?

256*counter. Every time the internal step counter is a multiple of 256, all hatch counters are decremented by 1. If a counter is zero, the egg will hatch.