PKHeX for Mac ported successfully (Download at the bottom of the post)

fm360

I DID IT EVERYONE

I would like people to take note that this project has been inactive for a long time now. I will begin work on updating these ports after halloween.

I have noticed that some people that are trying to use this program are on a mac so there for I have decided to port PKHeX onto mac. If your on a mac, i hope you enjoy this.:smile:

Uses latest version as of 4/19/15. OSX Yosemite is required.(I will try to update the download links when a new version of PKHeX comes out in the future). XQuartz is required in order for this to fully work properly. Download XQuartz here http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/. If you want to see my other ports, look at these links.

Other Ports

Pokemon Rumble World Diamonds/P Tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-rumble-world-diamonds-p-tool-mac-port.388889/

Pk3ds: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46036-Pk3ds-Mac-port-(Download-at-the-bottom-of-the-post)

PKHeX Download

Direct Download http://download1488.mediafire.com/qn6c6bt9byzg/ta14qydqkkes7fd/PKHeX+4-4-15.zip

PKHaX (Illegal mode) Download

Direct Download http://download1488.mediafire.com/i51vnj98ucog/0ww2tnya4ot4l93/PKHaX+4-4-15.zip

Both in one

Direct Download http://download1630.mediafire.com/a305uu0jbzwg/tt2qlqwvessrc41/PKHeX+++PKHaX+4-4-15.zip

Edited by fm360

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey fm360, if I install this port of PKHex will it also install Wine? I'm asking because I'm concerned about the safety of my computer. I don't want to potentially put at risk my Mac with (dormant) Windows viruses on my system or incoming threats.

It's a silly question, but I kind of need to ask. I'm not well versed in this kind of stuff.

Hey fm360, if I install this port of PKHex will it also install Wine? I'm asking because I'm concerned about the safety of my computer. I don't want to potentially put at risk my Mac with (dormant) Windows viruses on my system or incoming threats.

It's a silly question, but I kind of need to ask. I'm not well versed in this kind of stuff.

No wine won't be installed on your computer. The program was only ported "using" wine.

No wine won't be installed on your computer. The program was only ported "using" wine.

Ok so you simply used Wine to figure out how to port to OS. Which means Wine won't be running in some form in the background at all while I use PKHex, correct? It's not packaged in any kind of way with PKHex, is it? For instance I see so-called "wine bundles" during unzipping...

Sorry for being extra paranoid about this (and a bit annoying maybe). I've had far to many problems in the past with my computers...

Btw, thanks for making this. I really appreciate.

Ok so you simply used Wine to figure out how to port to OS. Which means Wine won't be running in some form in the background at all while I use PKHex, correct? It's not packaged in any kind of way with PKHex, is it? For instance I see so-called "wine bundles" during unzipping...

Sorry for being extra paranoid about this (and a bit annoying maybe). I've had far to many problems in the past with my computers...

Btw, thanks for making this. I really appreciate.

Thanks

Hmm, hate to say it but you still didn't answer my question. What are those wine bundles?? It seems as though wine is running in the background...

How exactly did you make this?

Sorry for being so pesky about this.

Wine will not be installed, but it will be used to run the program, only while it is running. This is a wrapper around PKHeX using wine to call the underlying PKHeX binary.

This is built via a process called freezing which takes full programs and all of their components as well as some additionally supplied files (like PKHeX) and telling them to do something regardless of the environment. The environment is self-contained so that no additional programs are install to use it.

Wine will not be installed, but it will be used to run the program, only while it is running. This is a wrapper around PKHeX using wine to call the underlying PKHeX binary.

This is built via a process called freezing which takes full programs and all of their components as well as some additionally supplied files (like PKHeX) and telling them to do something regardless of the environment. The environment is self-contained so that no additional programs are install to use it.

What he said

Thanks Alpha for taking the time to explain this to me. It answers my question. ;)

I can successfully open PKHEX on my mac but, when I was trying to change the IV and EV numbers, it can't be changed, it's all messed up, so why could that happen. I can only delete the number already exist, can't change or add number onto it. Thanks

Thats weird. It works for me. Can you give me some screen shots. (Use preview's screen capture)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12099[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12099[/ATTACH]

it looks like this, the numbers can't be entered well, and can't be deleted

and also, when I first start the pkhex, it said I don't have the .net framework

The error is normal. The app will still run. Also what numbers are you talking about.