PKHeX PID legality

Foxy

I know the PID isn't tied to ability and natures (and in Marill's case, gender too) anymore, but is it still tied to the IVs/gender? And if so, are the PIDs generated by PKHeX any legal?

This isn't about getting them past Battle Spot hack check because it doesn't even care about the PID, I just want my pokémon to be the most legal they can. For now whenever possible I've been copying PIDs from my legit bred mons, and for IV sets I don't have I'm pretty sure know I could use custom WCs to force the games to generate them. But I want to confirm that.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I think I posted on the wrong board, this should be on Pokémon Legality forums. If needed, please move this.

(If anyone notices something wrong with what I'm about to say, please feel free to correct me!)

Based on the research done on the Gen VI file format (http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_X/Y_3DS_Structure), it would seem that PID has been divorced from pretty much everything. Gender, ability, nature, even Spinda's spots are now all determined by other bytes in the structure. The only thing I know for sure that PID determines is shininess. IVs, meanwhile, were sort of "accidentally" associated with the PID due to the prng implementation in Gen III and IV, but they fixed that issue in Gen V.

Now, as for PKHeX giving legal PIDs and such, the answer to that is: they're probably legal as far as anyone knows. I don't know quite enough to be able to give you a more authoritative answer than that, but so far there hasn't seemed to have been any problems with it in terms of legality.

Edited by papadragon418
Some clarifications

(If anyone notices something wrong with what I'm about to say, please feel free to correct me!)

Based on the research done on the Gen VI file format (http://projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokemon_X/Y_3DS_Structure), it would seem that PID has been divorced from pretty much everything. Gender, ability, nature, even Spinda's spots are now all determined by other bytes in the structure. The only thing I know for sure that PID determines is shininess. IVs, meanwhile, were sort of "accidentally" associated with the PID due to the prng implementation in Gen III and IV, but they fixed that issue in Gen V.

Now, as for PKHeX giving legal PIDs and such, the answer to that is: they're probably legal as far as anyone knows. I don't know quite enough to be able to give you a more authoritative answer than that, but so far there hasn't seemed to have been any problems with it in terms of legality.

Okay, thanks for the info!

I had generated a few WCs with fixed IVs to grab the PID, but I guess I'll stick to the easy way, it's just that I've been educated by Pokécheck's standards before lol.