Smogon Dex Pokemon Collection

FullLifeGames

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I skipped August and it's September, it's update time again!

Update 9 (September Update):

- I updated the sets from this collection (3. July 2015) to the new collection (2. September 2015). (Here the changes)

- implemented Hoopa and Hoopa-Unbound

Here is the Download Link.

Thanks very much :) All the Pokémon are legal? (Correct Relearn Move, Met Date ecc...)

• 3 months later...
I try to make an update next year!

In the meantime, you can check out my new tool: The "Pokémon Showdown Importable To Legit PKHeX Files Converter"

Wow, that's quite the tool you have there. I take it that you already have a master list which you compared to and make updated changes?

EDIT: Given that the new program requires a Smogon Set to convert it, is there by chance an easy way to grab a bunch of Smogon set formats so you can quickly paste it to create the files?

Also, I started up a Google Docs Spreadsheet for all of the possible Smogon Variants that you can use in combinations with movesets, genders, and shininess. [Could use some help with making it]

Pokemon Smogon Sets Database

POSSIBLE BUG: Trying to convert 30 files at once as single files generated only 8 ekx files while the covert by box function successfully created all Pokemon files in a single box.

Is there a way to potentially upload an entire PC of Pokemon at once (i.e. make it so you can upload 31 boxes, which is 930 Pokemon)?

Edited by wind_waker4631

So it's a new year and I missed some months: Time for an update!

Update 10 (January 2016 Update):

- I updated the sets from this collection (2. September 2015) to the new collection (9. January 2016). (Here the changes)

Here is the Download Link.

Thanks for the update. Is there by chance a way for you to generate the text file data into the smogon set format? It might be useful for the new application you made.

Edit : Nevermind, I figured out a way to do it with Java. I will need to tinker around with it to give my results

Wow, that's quite the tool you have there. I take it that you already have a master list which you compared to and make updated changes?

EDIT: Given that the new program requires a Smogon Set to convert it, is there by chance an easy way to grab a bunch of Smogon set formats so you can quickly paste it to create the files?

Also, I started up a Google Docs Spreadsheet for all of the possible Smogon Variants that you can use in combinations with movesets, genders, and shininess. [Could use some help with making it]

Pokemon Smogon Sets Database

POSSIBLE BUG: Trying to convert 30 files at once as single files generated only 8 ekx files while the covert by box function successfully created all Pokemon files in a single box.

Is there a way to potentially upload an entire PC of Pokemon at once (i.e. make it so you can upload 31 boxes, which is 930 Pokemon)?

Sorry for answering this late!

I could make them to the Pokemon Showdown Importable format, but for me I don't really see the point. If you go to for example: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/talonflame/ there is already a button for "Export", so you can get your importable there. The file I made was just easier for me at the time and simpler than making them to Pokemon Showdown Importable.

Could you maybe report the bug in the ImportableConverter thread or the Github Repo? I will look into it then! :)

I don't really know. It should work with CyberSav extension, if I understand your question correctly.

Okay, in regards to the collection, I happened to notice an error that shows up based on the Jan 2016 collection text file to show the overall collection.

When using the Smogon Importer program, I noticed some of the Pokemon were not being made, and it turned out I noticed one of the entries in the text file read as such:

OU;Absol;Swords Dance;Absolite;Justified;Jolly;Swords Dance;Sucker Punch;Baton Pass;Baton Pass;252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe;

I am pretty sure that the text file needs to be combed through to find Pokemon with duplicate moves.

Edit: Ditto has no entries even though it has valid Smogon sets available to it.

Edited by wind_waker4631

Okay. So after a bit of frustration mainly from trying to figure out how to handle CSV and Spreadsheets formatting, I present to the benefit of everyone here a table for your viewing pleasure:

January 2016 Set Database

In short, this is used in conjunction with the Pokémon Showdown Importable To Legit PKHeX Files Converter tool that FullLifeGames had made publicly available. With this table, you can filter the collection so you can select certain files to be converted.

However, you will need to copy the cells for the Smogon sets onto MS Word, as the values are defined in a CSV format which ends up wrapping all the entries in double quotes.

Do note, some of the entries might have Pokemon with moves that are duplicates, so do not panic if you didn't get all the entries converted.

OU;Absol;Swords Dance;Absolite;Justified;Jolly;Swords Dance;Sucker Punch;Baton Pass;Baton Pass;252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe;

Edit: Ditto has no entries even though it has valid Smogon sets available to it.

Strange, I thought those two things would've been patched out right now. I will take a look at the algorithm and try to fix it.

So I was wondering within the collections that you send out, I imagine that it might be useful to know all the files which have specific trainers assigned to them.

For example, the Pidgeot with Refresh comes from the Gales of Darkness game, so it can't normally be breed and have an original trainer in Gen 6.

Do you actually have on record which Pokemon were given specific trainers?

• 1 month later...

Hey FLG,

Just so you know, with the latest version it's triggering malware/virus threats.

Windows Defender is detecting it immediately and auto removing the file, immediately as I download it.

Even after disabling Win Defender, when uncompressing it, 7zip is noticing something too, and won't complete the unrar-ing of it due to a security threat.

Usually Win Defender is easy to throw out a false positive, but 7zip blocking a file is rare.

Can you look into this?

Hey FLG,

Just so you know, with the latest version it's triggering malware/virus threats.

Windows Defender is detecting it immediately and auto removing the file, immediately as I download it.

Even after disabling Win Defender, when uncompressing it, 7zip is noticing something too, and won't complete the unrar-ing of it due to a security threat.

Usually Win Defender is easy to throw out a false positive, but 7zip blocking a file is rare.

Can you look into this?

I tried reproducing this, but on my computer at least, it didn't produce any error. Since it apparently does, I zipped it and uploaded it again: http://puu.sh/nkJ4R/48a8e72da1.zip

Tell me, if the error still exists!

• 2 months later...

So I understand that you have done a really good job in keeping a timely manner with the updates. But do you potentially have a way to share how you managed to do the updates yourself?

I have an idea based on the github search that you use a Selenium based web crawler, but I cannot figure out how to use it on my own. It would be even cool if there was an .exe file to be used like all the previous programs.

• 5 months later...