RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

Yo hey, i've been trying to get this working for a while yesterday, but everytime i try to open my ramsav in PKHex, it tells me "Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.".

My sysnand is on 9.2 and i'm using the most recent PKHex, i'm playing the EU version of X.

Anyone got an idea how i could fix this?

Use homebrew instead. PKHeX no longer supports ram2sav (it was hacky).

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i don't know if it is the correct discussion...

I have some issue with my save, witch i can't dumpe or inject it. I did use the pokegen last year, and i anything went wrong. I also don't made any update since i had my 3ds.

When i go to my browser it says the URL couldn't be find. I clear my history and cookies, my version is 9.4.0-21E, what is the problem?

I'm sorry for my english, i'm french...

Hi, i don't know if it is the correct discussion...

I have some issue with my save, witch i can't dumpe or inject it. I did use the pokegen last year, and i anything went wrong. I also don't made any update since i had my 3ds.

When i go to my browser it says the URL couldn't be find. I clear my history and cookies, my version is 9.4.0-21E, what is the problem?

I'm sorry for my english, i'm french...

Read the previous page, if the "URL can't be found" you need to try another link.

You should be using homebrew instead...

• 1 month later...
why no emunand support?

i have emunand reinand and homebrew manager

I don't know what the exact cause of the incompatibility of RAM2Sav on emunand is, but if you have emunand and homebrew, you don't need RAM2Sav.

Well, actually nobody needs RAM2Sav, because if you can use RAM2Sav you can use browserhax+homebrew.

You can use svdt or save manager with your homebrew launcher or you can install JK Save Manager on your emunand to dump a full save file.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear All,

does ram2sav work for n3ds ver11.10.34j? im new to n3ds, and i updated to this ver ocassionally. im looking for the method for save editing in pokemon oras. unfortunately homebrew does not support this v11.1.0.34j. anyone can help me? tons of thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does it work on SuMo? Or will it be updated?

I don't know if this thread is dead or not, but I had to post to know.

Impossible. This exploit only works in an Old 3DS (downgraded) browser, and the games run in extended memory mode in them, where the browser can't be launched.

Will there be RAM2sav.zip for Sun / Moon? I have been using this method and using the old PKHex not the latest version, I think a prominent member here explained you need homebrew for it to work with latest PKHex. But I'm still using old method and it's working fine with old PKHex. I'm not understanding the new method at all. Maybe when I get the copy of the game, I can start understanding better. If I tried doing the ramout/pcout using the Sun/Moon game, will this work with PKHex 7?

I'm using a old 3ds with 9.0 fw. Can someone please make for me or a link to the step by step on how to do ramout / inject with Sun / Moon? Thank you.

Will there be RAM2sav.zip for Sun / Moon? I have been using this method and using the old PKHex not the latest version, I think a prominent member here explained you need homebrew for it to work with latest PKHex. But I'm still using old method and it's working fine with old PKHex. I'm not understanding the new method at all. Maybe when I get the copy of the game, I can start understanding better. If I tried doing the ramout/pcout using the Sun/Moon game, will this work with PKHex 7?

I'm using a old 3ds with 9.0 fw. Can someone please make for me or a link to the step by step on how to do ramout / inject with Sun / Moon? Thank you.

Use a newer hack. I recommend installing A9LH + CFW.

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

After you get through that, you can install JKSM and edit saves directly.

I'm on Get Started (Old 3DS - EUR) page. It only shows Installing arm9loaderhax in 2.1.0 / 2.1.0 row. Do I go ahead and click arm9loaderhax?

Yes. The guide will have you restore your NAND backup, and as long as you follow the directions, A9LH will still be installed. (If you started the guide on 2.1, i.e. didn't downgrade, things might get more complicated.)

• 3 weeks later...

i need help if poss i cant get homebrew to work i have no idea i got a 3ds on 9.7 and one on the latest ver what ever it is due to me updating by mistake i have smashbro game so any help would be cool

EDIT i think ill just wait and get a powersave even tho i dont like look of it lol

Edited by crazyrazor

3 hours ago, crazyrazor said:

i need help if poss i cant get homebrew to work i have no idea i got a 3ds on 9.7 and one on the latest ver what ever it is due to me updating by mistake i have smashbro game so any help would be cool

EDIT i think ill just wait and get a powersave even tho i dont like look of it lol

I recommend installing A9LH, especially because the guide is pretty thorough and should answer any questions you may have.

Afterward, you can install JKSM to import and export your saves.

4 hours ago, crazyrazor said:

there no homebrew for ver 9.7 but thx for that info u gave me i was gonna try get a 3ds on 9.5 like i had before and hope that works 

You can run homebrew on 9.7.  Even the browser is a valid entrypoint.  http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

I still recommend CFW though, since it's more versatile and more future-proof.

i got homebrew working using menu L pluss power but cant see any pokemon game thats in my ds

EDIT can tell its been a while since i used homebrew lol i forgot i need the save manager file god a, getting old now can get my events i missed out on thx for help

Edited by crazyrazor