RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

Quote from Aaron:

Did you also make sure to clear your history and cookies?

Are you on 9.2 sysnand or no?

Did you start up the game to the right spot before running the exploit?

i think its because i updated my 2ds with a game cartridge, its on ver 9.2.0-12U. i was reading some other fourms that if you update with a game cartridge it will give me an update. that's what i did.

i clear my history and cookies.

yes

yes

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're on a 9.2 firmware you should be able to downgrade to 4.5 using the Gateway exploit.

From here you'll be able to use an emuNAND and update your system to whaterver you want, but that's as far as I can help you as I'm no emuNAND expert.

Maybe someone else will be more helpful.

If you're on a 9.2 firmware you should be able to downgrade to 4.5 using the Gateway exploit.

From here you'll be able to use an emuNAND and update your system to whaterver you want, but that's as far as I can help you as I'm no emuNAND expert.

Maybe someone else will be more helpful.

Do you Know if the gateway Exploit/emuNAND work on the 2ds even if its on 9.2 ver?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a quest BTW to find some secondhand 2DS/3DSes in my place.

One question is that does YABD work on versions as low as 4.x.x? (I saw one with version 4 but too bad it's European, a day after seeing another cheap & un-updated Japanese 3DS :/ )

Does YABD only work in version 9 (not above 9.5.0-22) ?

EDIT: Just re-read the first post, that it works only on 9.0-9.5, but still wanna make sure.

I remember talking to Alpha about this a while back. If you come across a 3ds/2ds that has version prior to the required version it should still be able to use same exploit. You can then use it to update it to required version or make a backup of system update through some means that way in case it updates you can revert back, something you can't do before 9.0 without actually tampering with your system. I apologize for being vague or incorrect because it has been a long time since I spoke to him about this.

I have a 2DS on FW 8.1.0-19U, what's the best possible way I can update it to any compatible FW for this ram2sav to work?

I also have a regular 3DS on FW 4.4 along side a gateway. Could I easily spoof my FW to 9.0?

I want to reset my pokemon X copy and start a fresh game. I also don't want to lose all my pokemons (captured and event).

How can I do it? (without the pokemon bank).

I was thinking that I could dump the save, extract all the pokemons, reset the game and the redump the save and add all previous pokemons. Is this feasible?

I want to reset my pokemon X copy and start a fresh game. I also don't want to lose all my pokemons (captured and event).

How can I do it? (without the pokemon bank).

I was thinking that I could dump the save, extract all the pokemons, reset the game and the redump the save and add all previous pokemons. Is this feasible?

Get your ramsav or pcdata.bin and open it in PKHex. Go to Tools > Load/Dump Boxes > No > Yes (A folder named "db" appears where your PKHex.exe file is located).

Then, start your game again and play it until you have acces to a PC. Save and get your pcdata/ramsav.bin. Open it in PKHex and go to Tools > Load/Dump Boxes > Yes > Yes. It will copy each file from the "db" folder to your PC slots, starting from slot1 of the current box (be careful not to erase any of your new pokemons).

Inject the pcdata/ramsav file and check that everything went OK. You can change your OT/TID/SID using PKHex as it were in your previous game if you want your old mons to be registered as yours.

Soo, isn't the Map Data issue fixable on the save itself? I kinda need to use it with savedatafiler. Long story short, lost my 3ds with my digital copy of OR now I have to recover my game using a ramsav extracted long time ago...

They are limitations set upon us by the way of what RAM is and since we use RAM to inject.

You could make edits, but none would be reflected.

Afaik save data filler only works for CGSE, Gateway or Sky3ds

They are limitations set upon us by the way of what RAM is and since we use RAM to inject.

You could make edits, but none would be reflected.

Afaik save data filler only works for CGSE, Gateway or Sky3ds

SaveDataFiler also works with tons of custom firmware (CFW) out there (9.2 or lower 3DS is required), but not Sky3DS.

For some reason I can't seem to inject saves anymore. I can dump them just fine, but when I try to inject them after editing it doesn't work. I still get the same error message and the browser crashes like it should, but my save isn't being updated. This is the first time I've touched my game in months and everything worked perfectly the lat time I used it, I don't know what the problem is.

For some reason I can't seem to inject saves anymore. I can dump them just fine, but when I try to inject them after editing it doesn't work. I still get the same error message and the browser crashes like it should, but my save isn't being updated. This is the first time I've touched my game in months and everything worked perfectly the lat time I used it, I don't know what the problem is.

Tried clearing history & cookies already?

That was the first thing I tried. I never had to do that before but I figured it was worth a try, but no luck.

The other option you could try using the lunarcookies links i threw in here just before your first reply if you weren't using those yet. Other than that all I can say is keep trying because it should ​work.

EDIT:

On a hunch I deleted all the relevant files and re-downloaded them and sure enough everything's working fine now. Guess the rsavin.bin got corrupted somehow. Thanks for your help anyway.

Edited by Stella Do

YOU can also try this link : http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat

It loads a "code.bin" file by default, but you can add "&whatever.bin" (without quotes) at the end of the URL to load whatever .bin file you want.

BTW, did you update anything on your 3ds meanwhile ? Also, what do you mean 2 other games don't work ? I don't see any reason in particular why your country would block github or http protocols, so there is no way that's where your problem come from.

Edited by supercarotte