RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

I've a couple of questions:

1. For how long will the website for this exploit be up? I'm a bit worried by the thought of it being taken down in the next few years.

2. Are OR and AS the last Pokémon games this exploit will work on?

I bought two 3DS consoles with older firmware just to be able to use this exploit, one extra in case the other breaks, so it would be relaxing to have some sense of predictability when it comes to how long the website will be up. I can't use the Cyber Gadget save editor because of a problem with the program, and seeking help hasn't solved it.

Edited by Tacanacy

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Tacanacy

1. That fully depends on when SciresM decides it is time for the server to go as far as I know. A couple of pages back there was a discussion when the site was down and some alternatives were given. While they required a few extra steps to be added to the process, at the end of the day it would be better than nothing.

2. That depends. I suppose you could say it was by sheer luck that GameFreak kept the way the game works (can't put my finger on the right words) between XY and ORAS, again, as far as I know that was the reason why the demo and later the actual game was dumped quite quickly.

All in all, I would think that theoretically after the necessary data is dumped from the game(s) of the future a sort of "Ram2SavTwo" could be made, but that is completely up to how future games get encrypted (for example, the 1.4 XY and 1.3 ORAS updates reportedly block the injection game-wise, so even if the game would somehow have those versions on a 9.5.0-22 version the injection would still fail)

any way if the next games aren't the next gen the injection should work on em because they will use the same engine but you might have to use region 3 to run it on a 3ds with firmware that does not block the exploit the next games have not even been revealed but they are definitely working on cause it takes years to make the game them now im not sure if they would hard code the patches from oras that block the exploit in the in game patch in the next games however this is only a possible if the next Pokemon games to be released are in gen 6 as if they are gen 7 they will most likely use a different engine so even maybe the exploits we have now will not needed to be changed to work with the next pokemon games as if they are 6 gen they will use the same engine

i have a question so game updates not being real updates they would not update the browser right so you could wait till a game comes out that requires the update to run it it will update it but since itsn ot the full update it won.t update the 3ds browser so you could get on eshop and get patch

Wrong.

I have successfully used ram2sav on AS 1.4 and Y 1.5.

Interesting. Guess those reports were false then.

Since I updated to the 1.3/1.4 patches (I haven't tested it yet with 1.4/1.5) RAM2Sav creates the ramsav.bin file but PKHeX can't read it (I'm still on 9.2.0-20 sysnand, I downloaded the patches through rxTools' emuNand and fortunately they are recognized by the sysNand), that's not a big problem because I can just use a second SD card with only the RAM2Sav files on it (so no patches), edit what I want, inject the edited ramsav, save and then put the primary SD card back in the 3DS.

So the reports aren't false, there are mixed results :)

If you still have a 9.2 3DS what you can do is:

- Downgrade it to 4.5 via Gateway launcher (you dont have to have the Gateway card to do this.)

- Use PBT-CFW to install the 7.1-9.2 browser cia.

- Update it again to 9.2 via SSB.

This way u will have the correct firmware and browser to execute the exploit.

Tested working with ram2sav, but the game wont save.

Tested working with PCEdit and the game saves fine no problem.

i'm going to try this, just looking for a guide for downgrading. Thank you :)

Update***

Got back to 4.2 FW and nothing else seems to be working right for me, not giving up but its something i guess ....

Edited by mocella26

It wont work on 4.2.

You need to install the exploitable browser cia, then update the 3DS to 9.2.

That what i was trying to say, but i can't get that part working yet.

I can get the PBT-CFW runing, but i can't instill CIA'S by the method i found

feel like i might have missed a guide somewhere, but instilling a CIA Manager isn't working out for me due to system freezes

sooo, it seems that i have been banned from playing only pkmn online after i updated my pkmn X to 1.5 and now im getting the (Cannot access online services. Error Code: 002-0102...) even tho this is a ban error i can still play online with mario cart 7 and use e-shop and go to miiverse, see myself and my friends online... and the linked global link account seems to be fine. also i should mention that i have both the cartridge and the legit bundle preinstalled cia, i dont use/own gateway/sky3ds or other clones only rxTools and CFW's...

dont want to test new oras update coz ill have to start a new game...

If you still have a 9.2 3DS what you can do is:

- Downgrade it to 4.5 via Gateway launcher (you dont have to have the Gateway card to do this.)

- Use PBT-CFW to install the 7.1-9.2 browser cia.

- Update it again to 9.2 via SSB.

This way u will have the correct firmware and browser to execute the exploit.

Tested working with ram2sav, but the game wont save.

Tested working with PCEdit and the game saves fine no problem.

OMG! Happy to report that this worked! Sadly you are right about ram2Sav not saving, hopefully a way to fix this?

but PCEDIT does work and i couldn't be happier.

THANK YOU SOOO SOOO MUCH :)

EDIT/UPDATE!!!!

RAM2SAV WORKS NOW!! I don't know what i did to make it work, by work i mean able to save.

only thing i did was started game, did the rsavout, returned to game, did rsavin, and saved. Now if i edit ramsav and do rsavin i can save :)

Edited by mocella26

So I was able to use a firmware spoofing script from GBAtemp to access the eshop and update my games. Yay! However, ram2sav dumps a file that the latest version of pkhex cannot read. Boo!

(This is all for Pokemon Y by the way).

If I delete the update, then I can use ram2sav just fine. Yay! But then I have to spoof the firmware and redownload it every time I want to get the update.

My money would be on offsets getting mucked with.

If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it!

Ramsav - bad and good.zip

Ramsav - bad and good.zip

OMG! Happy to report that this worked! Sadly you are right about ram2Sav not saving, hopefully a way to fix this?

but PCEDIT does work and i couldn't be happier.

THANK YOU SOOO SOOO MUCH :)

EDIT/UPDATE!!!!

RAM2SAV WORKS NOW!! I don't know what i did to make it work, by work i mean able to save.

only thing i did was started game, did the rsavout, returned to game, did rsavin, and saved. Now if i edit ramsav and do rsavin i can save :)

Good for you!

I still cant save the game after running ram2sav exploit...

So I was able to use a firmware spoofing script from GBAtemp to access the eshop and update my games. Yay! However, ram2sav dumps a file that the latest version of pkhex cannot read. Boo!

(This is all for Pokemon Y by the way).

If I delete the update, then I can use ram2sav just fine. Yay! But then I have to spoof the firmware and redownload it every time I want to get the update.

My money would be on offsets getting mucked with.

If anyone can help with this, I would appreciate it!

what? can you show me the link to spoof the firmware?

Good for you!

I still cant save the game after running ram2sav exploit...

Try what i did,

Run the game till the Character shows,

Do the Rsavout.

When the browser kicks you out go back into the game (press home to resume play)

do the rsavin.

when the browser kicks you out again go back into game and save.

I tired rsavin my old save file and it wouldn't let me save. but when i created a new one with this method it worked :)

Good luck

It's working for me but I usually have to try it a few times to get it to work, and once, my 3DS completely froze.

I found that I had more success when I cleared my history and cookies before each use, but normally, you shouldn't have to do that every single time.

Even then, it wasn't guaranteed to work. I'm going to try the alternative links.

I still deeply regret upgrading to 9.4. At the time, I couldn't afford a Gateway (still can't right now, actually) and I got impatient with wanting to check out sales and what-not on the eShop, plus get updates. I believe I took the dive on 9.4 about a week before the Gateway update was released, and then the floodgates opened. I am so stupid. I wouldn't even need a Gateway now. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Is it possible to use RAM2SAV as a method of playing multiple save files?

As in, playing one save file, backing it up, then starting a new game, but being able to swap between them as necessary? Or would PowerSaves still be needed for that?

Ah... that's annoying. I wanted to try re-rolling my TSV. My Y cart has a defective RNG--over 10,000 eggs and too many (71.4%) fall under a shiny value of over 3000, which none of my three carts or one digital download have.