RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

I have tried on my friend 3DSXL with v9.4, I just copied all 3 ramin, ramout, ramsav from my SD card to his SD card and execute the exploit.

The exploit works fine, changes made with PKHex appear and it saves fine no problem.

Then I try again on my 3DS v9.2 with the 3 same files, again game freeze while saving and 3DS have to be restarted.

I never suggested it was console related. I cannot even import your save, as it's not (without extra work) possible to import ramsav from game A into game B. I asked for the save to have a look at it in PKHeX.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I just did:

On my 3DS version v9.2.0-9U that have the browser version v1.7567:

1) Removed the SD card and format the SD card with SDformatter with the option Format Type: Quick and Format Size Adjustment: On.

2) Performed Format System Memory on the 3DS.

3) 3DS restarted and gone through the setup screen with internet wifi connection setup done.

4) Download the ram2sav package again to make sure the previous download is not corrupted.

5) Put both rsavin.bin and rsavout.bin to the root of the SD card and insert it to the 3DS -> the 3DS create some home management data.

6) Insert a Pokemon AS and start the game -> game create some data on the SD card.

7) Load the game until I see the character, then go back to home and launch the camera and load the rsavout QR code (on page 2) to load the URL.

8) Went through the Internet Browser setup screen, search engine set to Google. Exploit executed and I can see green screen.

9) An error has occurred error come out, back to home menu, close the game then the 3DS.

10) Removed the SD card from 3DS and plug in to PC, ramsav.bin is on the root of the SD.

11) Opened ramsav.bin with PKHex, my progress and box is loaded fine. Did some changes on box, then export it as ramsav.bin, overwriting the existing one.

12) Inserted the SD card back to the 3DS, turn it on and launch the game up until I can see the character.

13) Go back to home and launch the camera and load the rsavin QR code to load the URL.

14) Exploit executed and I can see green screen.

15) An error has occurred error come out, back to home menu and resume the game.

16) Checked the game, changes made to ramsav.bin using PKHex are applied.

17) Tried to save the game, the game freeze, bounce back to home screen with an error:

An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart (Unsaved data may be lost.)

18) Hit the only button that appear to restart the 3DS, 3DS rebooted.

19) Launch the game again and check, the changes is not saved.

20) Turned off the 3DS, removed the game cart and inserted the exact same game cart to a 3DSXL version v9.5.0-22U with the browser version v1.7567

21) Removed the SD card on the 3DS, inserted it to a PC, copy out the 3 files on the root of the SD card to the PC (rsavin.bin, rsavout.bin and ramsav.bin)

22) Removed the SD card on the 3DSXL, inserted it to the same PC, copy in the 3 files earlier, to the root of the SD card. This SD card already have some existing data on it.

23) Inserted the same SD card back to the 3DSXL, turn on the 3DSXL and launch the game, load it until I can see the character.

24) Go back to home and launch the camera and load the rsavin QR code to load the URL.

25) Exploit executed and I can see green screen.

26) An error has occurred error come out, back to home menu and resume the game.

27) Try to save the game, it's savable and working fine.

So yeah, I think it's a console issue.

If you still want the ramsav.bin to check, I can post it but I doubt it's the problem.

You are sure you're using the latest version of PKHeX as well? That could make a difference.

Also, the save format of the game is a bit different depending on what system update and/or patch version your game has when it was last saved. This cause a difference in what PKHeX is writing, despite nothing obvious. Unlikely, of course, but may be possible. (As you are reformatting, and obviously therefore can't get the game updates, you are using the base version) I dunno the chances really, but sometimes the smallest thing throws it off.

Also, while this method apparently works on version 9.x (I use Cyber, so I never spend time to deal with other methods myself), it is always recommended to be using a more recent version, whereas your first case is 9.2. I would bet THAT is your problem, not some weird console issue (which it definitely isn't in the first place, since the hardware is the same between two 3DS systems. If there were a difference in yours, you would already know from other problems).

As your second case is on a 9.5, the optimal version, naturally that works. Seeing as it works... why use the first one (and why was it an older update in the first? Always causes issues staying on older versions, believe it or not)? Just use the one that does what you're wanting; if it's a friend who lets you borrow it, just make all the Pokemon you will ever want, inject them all at once, and suddenly you are set and never have to do the method again anyways.

Yes I'm using the latest version of the PKHex that I have downloaded yesterday as well.

I'm using the second 3DSXL just to test it out, the second 3DSXL is actually owned by my friend, he wanted to update it because he want to play pokemon online, I have begged him not to until I solve the issue of my 3DS, but he are getting more and more irritated with me...

The exploit works fine on my 3DS, just that the game cant save, it will just freeze and 3DS have to be restarted after the error.

Then I believe that the problem is as I said. Just because the exploit itself works does not mean that the data you extract from it is compatible with PKHeX. PKHeX has been updated for each new patch release, and even though it's very similar, the save data is not necessarily the same between the original game version and the latest patch.

The problem is that the save you extract is written for the base game version, whereas PKHeX creates a save written for the latest patch. There is actual data differences, regardless if it is very small, and that can easily be enough that it throws a wrench in your works.

So, if you got an old enough version of PKHeX, I suspect it may work... maybe.

In other words: You shot your own foot by not at least updating your 3DS up to the 9.5 standard and keeping the newest game patch before the exploit was fixed. (reformatting was definitely a bad move)

You are going to need to use an alternative. Your own 3DS is not going to work.

-Just play the game right like most people do.

-Buy Japanese 3DS+game+Cyber Editor and not have to waste time with unreliable stuff like exploits or piracy.

-Buy used 3DS consoles until you get one that works... if you can find it.

At least, do as I said and Gen everything at once and now, so you can return your friend's system. It's your problem that you didn't keep up to date, don't impede others for your cheating needs.

They probably want some of those nice new things (see 3DS e-shop listings, they are good, including Smash Bros. 3DS update, as well as Mewtwo DLC) that just got released, and can't. Far more worth it than cheating.

Thanks for your insight. So you are saying that the problem might lies in my 3DS version (when the exploit specified that it will work with 9.0-9.4 which it actually work, just that the game can't save) and also the game update version that might not compatible with the latest PKHex (even though PKHex can load my ramsav perfectly fine and also able to export it without problem and the exploit can load the edited ramsav fine).

I dont see where it stated that PKHex will load save created in the base version of the game differently from a save created with an updated version of the game. Is it your own assumption?

I acquired this 3DS just 2 days ago and it's 9.2 and it was already formatted, so the game update is not there. There's no possibility for me to update it to 9.5 or download the game update anymore.

You are going to need to use an alternative. Your own 3DS is not going to work.

-Just play the game right like most people do.

I won't be in this forum asking question if I do, right?

-Buy Japanese 3DS+game+Cyber Editor and not have to waste time with unreliable stuff like exploits or piracy.

It only work on Japanese game, I want to hack the English cart. Also, who knows when the Cyber thingie server will still be up? It might go bankrup tomorrow and the server will shutdown for all we know.

-Buy used 3DS consoles until you get one that works... if you can find it.

This is what I did, bought this v9.2 3DS that turned out it's not fully working. Are you suggesting I continue to buy more 9.0-9.4 3DS that might or might not work? That's... sucks...

At least, do as I said and Gen everything at once and now, so you can return your friend's system. It's your problem that you didn't keep up to date, don't impede others for your cheating needs.

Like I said, I cant get the 3DS up to date coz I just acquired it 2 days ago.

I accept the fact that my 3DS is not fully working for this exploit now.

My question is, how do I make my 3DS work?

(to recap, the exploit works on my 3DS, just that the game freeze when it save)

I'm thinking to downgrade it to 4.5, install the cia browser and update it with SSB that have 9.2 update?

You can't make yours work. You would have to be able to download the latest game patch, and that's impossible without updating. You can only update to the newest version, which patches the exploit in the first place.

ie: your system is only good for updating to the newest update and playing games normally. It's quite useless for cheating.

You can't downgrade. There is no way.

Cyber will be working for a good long time. Their system is also superior to Datel's product, and they've been around how long? That's just paranoia. (Cyber's been around some time as well)

As to making them at once, use your friend's system and get it over with. Make all your Pokemon now, use the exploit, insert them via your friend's system using the exploit, and then you will have everything you would be cheating for in the first place. Then you can update your system and play the game, though all that's left is just online battles at that point anyways.

I accept the fact that my 3DS is not fully working for this exploit now.

My question is, how do I make my 3DS work?

(to recap, the exploit works on my 3DS, just that the game freeze when it save)

I'm thinking to downgrade it to 4.5, install the cia browser and update it with SSB that have 9.2 update?

SSB and any other game update somehow prevents exploits from working, as they don't update the browser, or do something to it that renders exploits useless. You can try rxtools, its emunand supports 9.6.24.

With the Gateway launcher, you can downgrade 3DS that have firmware version 9.2 or lower back to v4.5, you dont even need the actual Gateway cart.

As to making them at once, use your friend's system and get it over with. Make all your Pokemon now, use the exploit, insert them via your friend's system using the exploit, and then you will have everything you would be cheating for in the first place.

I want future event pokemon too.

SSB and any other game update somehow prevents exploits from working, as they don't update the browser

Yes they dont update the browser, but I could install the browser via cia first then only I use SSB to update the 3DS.

It should end up with 9.2 with the exploiable browser, by theory at least.

You can try rxtools, its emunand supports 9.6.24.

Emunand in rxtools dont support any ram exploits including ninjahax I believe.

With the Gateway launcher, you can downgrade 3DS that have firmware version 9.2 or lower back to v4.5, you dont even need the actual Gateway cart.

As to making them at once, use your friend's system and get it over with. Make all your Pokemon now, use the exploit, insert them via your friend's system using the exploit, and then you will have everything you would be cheating for in the first place.

I want future event pokemon too.

SSB and any other game update somehow prevents exploits from working, as they don't update the browser

Yes they dont update the browser, but I could install the browser via cia first then only I use SSB to update the 3DS.

It should end up with 9.2 with the exploiable browser, by theory at least.

You can try rxtools, its emunand supports 9.6.24.

Emunand in rxtools dont support any ram exploits including ninjahax I believe.

- I guess this would be a good idea ? My browser version is 1.7567 on a 9.4.0-21E 3DS if that can help you find a good version.

- You can always trade events here. Once the wc6s are released it's easy for anyone to trade them to you.

- See n°1

-

→ I guess this would mean rxtools does support ram exploits ?

- I guess this would be a good idea ? My browser version is 1.7567 on a 9.4.0-21E 3DS if that can help you find a good version.

- You can always trade events here. Once the wc6s are released it's easy for anyone to trade them to you.

- See n°1

-

→ I guess this would mean rxtools does support ram exploits ?

- My 3DS also having the same browser version.

- What if I want like 20 event Pokemons? I'm not going to annoy people here asking them to trade me 20. I rather able to do it myself.

- See below

- The video is showing the "inject Pokemon via QR code" exploit, not the "ram2sav" exploit. And also he doesn't try to save the game. My problem is after successfully executing the exploit, I can't save the game. But I might just try the rxtool tonight to test.

- My 3DS also having the same browser version.

- What if I want like 20 event Pokemons? I'm not going to annoy people here asking them to trade me 20. I rather able to do it myself.

- See below

- The video is showing the "inject Pokemon via QR code" exploit, not the "ram2sav" exploit. And also he doesn't try to save the game. My problem is after successfully executing the exploit, I can't save the game. But I might just try the rxtool tonight to test.

Sir you don't HAVE to react on every single argument brought forward. The entire thing has completely derailed from your original question, which has been answered, by now.

Sir you don't HAVE to react on every single argument brought forward. The entire thing has completely derailed from your original question, which has been answered, by now.

?

I'm trying to solve my problem. People ask me questions to help me solve my problem.

If I dont answer all the questions asked, how do I expect people to be able to help me?

Some argument bought out doesn't really helping me like for example jaredsuicine (please dont get offended, but I need to make myself clear here) suggesting that instead of my cheating, just play the game normally or just cheat one time and let my friend update his 3DS. How does the suggestion help me in solving my problem?

It's like I'm asking on how to go to LA from Vegas by car, and then someone suggest me instead of driving, fly instead. How does the suggestion even help me?

Ok before everyone got offended, my problem is why does my 3DS which have the supported firmware version and correct exploitable browser version and able to execute the ram2sav exploit successfully but unable to save the game with the game freeze and got bounce back to the 3DS home menu with an error message asking me to restart the 3DS and the game dont save.

And my questions are why does this happen and how do I fix it. It's not been answered yet.

I do appreciate all that replied earlier especially jaredsuicune and supercarotte as they give some hope that my 3DS might be able to get fixed so that the exploit can load and the game can be saved properly.

FUARCKKKKKK IT.

I just reread the whole fucking thread and found this somewhere:

Maybe that "-12" is the problem, if you normally updated through the Internet when 9.4 was the latest firmware you would have got FW 9.4.0-21, I read that the -12/-20/-21/-22 thing is the version of the web applications (eShop app, Web Browser) of the console, so maybe the FW update contained in SSB/STEAM doesn't update the Browser and you have a too old Browser version to use the RAM exploits... Just my idea, it's the only possible explaination I can think of

My browser version is 1.7567 (I'm on FW 9.2.0-20), check yours in the browser settings (where you delete cookies and browser history).

(sorry for my English)

Then I quickly check the 3DS firmware version to confirm, and yep, my 3DS firmware is v9.2.0-9U, it ends with -9U.

My Internet Browser is v1.7567, but the firmware still ends with -9U and this could be the problem.

I would like to ask how the hell do I update my firmware to end with -20U, but I guess it will be then out of the topic and jaredsuicine will thunderbolt me :bidoof:

So guys thanks a lot for your reply, I'll try to figure out how to update the last bit of the firmware then.

Sorry for all the ruckus.

Sadly we can't "choose" a firmware to update to, with I think the exception of using a gateway and .cia's or whatnot but I have no knowledge of that.

Oh and uh... it's [.s] [./s] (without the dots, they are there so it doesn't trigger) instead of btw :P

it will show like this

Sadly we can't "choose" a firmware to update to, with I think the exception of using a gateway and .cia's or whatnot but I have no knowledge of that.

Without the knowledge you are quite correct. With a gateway there is the possibility to update to a specific firmware having downloaded the appropriate .CIAs (with 9.2.0.21x being roughly 183MB).

But that's probably enough OT for now, I guess this thread isn't really about getting to 9.2 or 9.5 but moreso already being there.

Without the knowledge you are quite correct. With a gateway there is the possibility to update to a specific firmware having downloaded the appropriate .CIAs (with 9.2.0.21x being roughly 183MB).

But that's probably enough OT for now, I guess this thread isn't really about getting to 9.2 or 9.5 but moreso already being there.

Err... I dont want to be OT as well but I don't think you should install system cia via gateway to sysnand as it will brick the 3DS.

But you can install cia via gateway to emunand as gateway patches the emunand.

I can only confirmed, after extensive research and googling last few hours, that the browser cia and legal game cia are installable via gateway to sysnand without bricking the 3DS.

Ok, enough OT now.

Thanks a lot.

Interesting that you guys mention using Gateway... As that will apparently make this exploit unusable, as noted indirectly in the OP post. (As a Cyber user, I naturally have no experience either way)

Just tossing that there for you before you try something. If it somehow works for you, hooray I guess.

Interesting that you guys mention using Gateway... As that will apparently make this exploit unusable, as noted indirectly in the OP post. (As a Cyber user, I naturally have no experience either way)

Just tossing that there for you before you try something. If it somehow works for you, hooray I guess.

Gateway just to install cia or downgrade firmware, not to load the game.

The exploit wont work if the game is loaded from gateway.

Does anyone know when the PCEdit - PkHex Method will work with the up to date firmware? I always would like to update my 3DS to use Wifi Battles or Pokemon Bank. I cant use it when i dont upgrade, but when I do I cant Edit my Boxes with PKHex =( =(

Does anyone know when the PCEdit - PkHex Method will work with the up to date firmware? I always would like to update my 3DS to use Wifi Battles or Pokemon Bank. I cant use it when i dont upgrade, but when I do I cant Edit my Boxes with PKHex =( =(

This has been asked multiple times in various ways, the answer's the same. Nobody knows, it's likely a new method will have to be made. It's been put into perspective a couple of times. 3DS has been out for 4 years now, XY came out in 2013, the exploits were discovered in 2015. Get the picture?

Has anyone tried updating the system with Code Name STEAM update (9.4)? and seeing if this still works?

i have tried going from 8.something to Smash Bros' 9.2 but it didn't work, debating about trying Code Name STEAM update, if its even worth it

No. Game-supplied updates are not full system updates and can not work as some "workaround". Read past posts, it's been answered already.

Please be on topic (getting your system to be able to cheat is not this topic) and post here if you have questions about the RAM2Sav process. If not, please find the correct thread or make a new one. Unless a very unlikely breakthrough of some sort occurs, any possible questions and their corresponding answers involving RAM2Sav are long answered and getting more and more buried in further questions that have either been answered or aren't even about RAM2Sav itself in the first place.

Sigh... with that, I'm going to drop this thread too, as it's basically dead now.

To anyone: PLEASE use the Search function at the top or just manually read posts to check for information before just posting a question here. You're not going to get 'better' or different answers to old questions by just asking again, even if you didn't know it had been asked (by not checking).

Also, just read the OP post thoroughly. It basically tells you everything that you could find in these near-40 pages of text. If it's not there, then the answer is pretty guaranteed to be either "you're looking in the wrong place to begin with" or "NO, that doesn't work that way".

Has anyone tried updating the system with Code Name STEAM update (9.4)? and seeing if this still works?

i have tried going from 8.something to Smash Bros' 9.2 but it didn't work, debating about trying Code Name STEAM update, if its even worth it

If you still have a 9.2 3DS what you can do is:

- Downgrade it to 4.5 via Gateway launcher (you dont have to have the Gateway card to do this.)

- Use PBT-CFW to install the 7.1-9.2 browser cia.

- Update it again to 9.2 via SSB.

This way u will have the correct firmware and browser to execute the exploit.

Tested working with ram2sav, but the game wont save.

Tested working with PCEdit and the game saves fine no problem.