RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get another new SD card, update the new SD card, switch between SD cards to do both Genning/QR and Internet

SD 1 - Internet

SD 2 - Genning/QR

This work guys ?

Uh no. You'll have to update the system to download the new patch.

Get another new SD card, update the new SD card, switch between SD cards to do both Genning/QR and Internet

SD 1 - Internet

SD 2 - Genning/QR

This work guys ?

Uh no. You'll have to update the system to download the new patch.

I don't think you understand what they're saying. I've seen this method posted in a few places, and apparently it does work, but I'm reluctant to try it as it means updating the firmware on one of my 3DSes.

You need two 3DSes - one with the latest firmware and one with a firmware capable of using the various RAM exploits. You patch the game on the one with the latest firmware, then put that SD card in the one with the lower firmware. Would that work? Are patches visible on the SD card as files? Could someone not upload it so people could just drag and drop it into their SD card? Or are they linked with the 3DS system you download it on? I'm guessing it isn't as easy as that, or someone would have done it before.

I don't think you understand what they're saying. I've seen this method posted in a few places, and apparently it does work, but I'm reluctant to try it as it means updating the firmware on one of my 3DSes.

You need two 3DSes - one with the latest firmware and one with a firmware capable of using the various RAM exploits. You patch the game on the one with the latest firmware, then put that SD card in the one with the lower firmware. Would that work? Are patches visible on the SD card as files? Could someone not upload it so people could just drag and drop it into their SD card? Or are they linked with the 3DS system you download it on? I'm guessing it isn't as easy as that, or someone would have done it before.

why does the ORAS patch matter? i don't see why you'd have to move that. the updates are afaik on the SD card but console locked.

just play normally on updated 3ds/game and QR on the un-updated 3ds/game.

There is no point in worrying about the patch. The game on the cheating 3DS doesn't care about the patch, as that system will never be going online in-game for any reason.

Really, it's that simple. The game will load just fine, as it was when it was first released, on the non-updated system without the patch.

The game doesn't say "Oh, no patch, won't work now!", since that's not saved to the game. And the RAM edits don't care about the game being able to go online, that's all in the browser, a separate application.

good news!

so i posted earlier about how i couldn't import my savefile from my 3ds on my 2ds.

BUT i was looking into documentation for pkhex and it has a fix for this!

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/master/Resources/text/shortcuts.txt

"Hold Shift while exporting a ramsav.bin to transplant it to another cart/system."

i'l explain how it works using mine as an example.

i had a omega ruby exported ramsav.bin taken from my 3ds.

i downgraded my 3ds so couldn't do the exploit on it anymore (dumb of me), so couldn't import it back to my game.

so i made a new game on omega ruby on my brothers 2DS. exported that.

i then opened my 3ds omega ruby savefile with pkhex, went to tools held down shift and clicked on export. it then asked for me to target another savefile, i targeted the new exported savefile from 2ds omega ruby.

and then it asked me to save the new savefile.

i could import this new savefile without a problem on the 2ds. everything (except the usual party members and play time is there)

so importing between consoles and games is possible, but always be careful, and always have backups of course.

Edited by rollthedice

... while that has been shown possible already, there is really no good reason to do so, and it can have unexpected issues from doing it. It's just not worth it at all.

If you have access to the ability to do that, then you can just as easily (more so, actually) just bulk-save all your Pokemon to load on ANY game all at once and can always edit your items to whatever you want. Since Items and Pokemon are the only things that cheating has any real purpose for (if you are going to get the game, at least PLAY it, don't just cheat from getting your starter straight to post-E4), any other thing you could gain from trying to transfer a save is fairly pointless.

As to all that SD-card discussion: That is even more moot. It has no bearing on this topic, since the only thing that matters with this exploit is:

-System that can use the exploit

-Game

-SD card to temporarily store the files involved

The contents of the SD card are moot for this. Patches have no purpose, since if you are seriously doing this, the system should only be used for two things:

-Cheating

-StreetPass

... while that has been shown possible already, there is really no good reason to do so, and it can have unexpected issues from doing it. It's just not worth it at all.

like what unexpected issues? seems to work 100% perfectly fine. and actually it's been said a good 5 times in this thread that it was in fact not possible because of "encryption"

If you have access to the ability to do that, then you can just as easily (more so, actually) just bulk-save all your Pokemon to load on ANY game all at once and can always edit your items to whatever you want. Since Items and Pokemon are the only things that cheating has any real purpose for (if you are going to get the game, at least PLAY it, don't just cheat from getting your starter straight to post-E4), any other thing you could gain from trying to transfer a save is fairly pointless.

actually i'm using it to store my legit savefiles on my computer so i can start a new game without losing everything. but as i said in previous post i downgraded my 3ds meaning i couldn't reimport those 3ds savefiles using my 2ds. with this i can, and i've tested it on X/OR/AS so far, all worked fine. guess i just got lucky or your info's wrong

I started having problems today i try doing a full save file and my game soft locks so i lowered it to a single pokemon and still soft locks any idea what could be causing this? I even tried getting a new ramsav.bin from my 3ds and changed a box pokemon and still soft locks. Sorry i cant post a picture to show any more.

I've just purchased an brand new original 3ds xl and updated the firmware 9.4.0-12U using the game Code name steam. I've Copied rsavin.bin and rsavout.bin onto the SD card and followed the instructions as is detailed I go to the link and the browser crashes like it supposed to,but it doesn't create a ramsav.bin. can someone please help me?

I've just purchased an brand new original 3ds xl and updated the firmware 9.4.0-12U using the game Code name steam. I've Copied rsavin.bin and rsavout.bin onto the SD card and followed the instructions as is detailed I go to the link and the browser crashes like it supposed to,but it doesn't create a ramsav.bin. can someone please help me?

Someone here had the same problem, confirming that 9.4.0-12 doesn't support browser exploits.

If I download the update for ORAS/XY on a friend's updated 3DS onto MY SD card, will I be able to play online without actually updating my console?

SD Cards are console specific, all that would happen is that the update would be in a section on your card that can only be accessed with your friend's 3DS. You can't copy/paste the data into your section, so to speak.

SD Cards are console specific, all that would happen is that the update would be in a section on your card that can only be accessed with your friend's 3DS. You can't copy/paste the data into your section, so to speak.

Outspeed me because I was writing a comment elsewhere first lol.

In general now. Concerning the whole SD card swapping thing that people have been on about lately, I believe somewhere a rumor started of what was laid out by Bitsoft would actually work. I'm not sure who nor where this rumor originated, but it sure did convince a lot of people. Being an active facebook pokemon group user I have had to tell quite many people that SD cards are console specific. -sighs- If only there was some way we, the people who answer many questions here, could mass convey the message to the community that it doesn't work.

Thanks Rust. Guess I'll just stay on my current firmware since I don't play much at the moment except my current new game on X for which I'd prefer to have some hackmons with me.

@Favna: I saw some guy tweeting it in response to serebii's announcement of the new update.

lets hope an exploits made that allows you to go in the eshop with out updateing so you can get the patch their was a regoin free one so i don.t see why this is not possble

Quoted from wikipedia:

An exploit (from the English verb to exploit, meaning "using something to one’s own advantage") is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or a sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). Such behavior frequently includes things like gaining control of a computer system, allowing privilege escalation, or a denial-of-service attack.

That said, for any exploit to be made a bug, glitch or vulnerability has to be found first. From what I read on the forum some time back the old one relied on running a piece of javascript through the webbrowser which would recognize it as related to the 3DS themes, since this has now been fixed most likely by system wide javascript injection prevention.