RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

It will always ask you to update. If you don't want to update, just keep saying "No" every time it asks instead of "Yes". There's no "other way", so you're stuck with the annoyances required for the ability to cheat.

Read the notifications you get, don't just try to speed through them to your next thing.

Thanks

Will I be able to connect to wifi / internet even after I say No to the update?

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to be updating PKHex so it works on 9.5.0-23U? I really want to use PKHex..

PKHex and 3DS firmware have no correlation, you mean to ask if there will be updates to web injection. As far as I know, no.

Thanks

Will I be able to connect to wifi / internet even after I say No to the update?

Yes. If they released a patch to the games, you'd have to update the firmware to get them, otherwise you won't be able to connect online with them.

@milnejd: You don't understand how it works. PKHeX only edits a loaded save file that has been extracted from the game. It doesn't interact with your 3DS or game itself whatsoever. No update can make this work, only either using Cyber Editor (Japanese games only) or using a non-fully-updated 3DS with the Browser method.

@ThreeG: You can use anything that does not involve the E-Shop. But, if you're getting an additional 3DS for cheating, just use it for that alone, except maybe speeding up your Streetpass games.

Also, if any Pokemon game gets a patch update, then you will be unable to play online without updating the game, which requires the e-shop, which requires the system update. Nintendo isn't going to patch the game just to force the issue, but if it happens, that will be the case, no loopholes.

PKHex and 3DS firmware have no correlation, you mean to ask if there will be updates to web injection. As far as I know, no.

Yes. If they released a patch to the games, you'd have to update the firmware to get them, otherwise you won't be able to connect online with them.

I've already updated OR on my 3ds xl and thats when it auto updated to the new firmware.

So maybe it wont ask me to update the game since thats already been done?

If you want something that will work on the new system update: NO. It can't just "update" to work. It's not some magic program that you just fix a thing and it works again. The glitch that made it possible in the first place is GONE. If there's no doorway, there is no way to enter. You can't just punch a hole in the wall because you feel like it.

Hoping hard enough is also a waste of time.

Question ( sorry if i was repeating the same question ) Are you going to update the tool IF ORAS or X and Y neededupdate ( 1.4 - X and Y, 1.3 - ORAS) ?-? Im really sorry if this question was asked again

If XYORAS ever need an update, you'll have to update your 3DS first so this exploit won't work anymore. Unless something else is found (which we cannot know for sure), there is no way & no need to keep it updated for any game update.

If there ever is a "Z" version, depending on if & how Nintendo fixes the exploit we might need an update or a separate code.bin for this game. Maybe that's when an update wil be needed.

You don't seem to even understand what the updates are about. This can't simply be updated to work on the latest update (the system update completely removes the method that makes this possible in the first place. They literally removed, not merely "hid" or "changed" the access. There's no magic program that fixes this.). And, if the games themselves get an update, it will be totally pointless, as then you will HAVE to update your console to access the e-shop to download the game update to be able to play online. (Short of having a second cheat-only system or be playing Japanese versions and using Cyber Editor.)

Edit: Ah, thanks supercarotte. Hadn't noticed you'd already answered. -_-;

if the next pokemon games are on the 3ds will this be updated for them well when they come out it the firmware that it works on now will be very old and it it will make you update but you should be able to use region 3 to play it

If all else fail... Pkhex wanted pokemon to your gen6 (X/Y/OR/AS) and pokebank it to the upcoming game. Problem solved

But if patches happens for all gen 6 games boohoo... No loopholes

Step 5 isn't working for me? Am i doing the previous steps wrong? It won't crash back to the home screen and I've waited about 5 minutes already. I took the SD card, put it into my computer, copy and pasted the codes onto the SD card, took it out, put it in my 3ds, opened omega ruby opened my game, pressed the home button, then typed in the link you put... I might have been doing it wrong but I'm not sure its my first time doing something like this and I'm not so good with kind of stuff, any help would be appreciated (:

Hello :)

Im new here, so sorry if i do some mistakes. ( I joined 2009 lol?? thats why i already had an email xD but i never posted here...)

i read everything but i have a short question.

I know u must be bugged cos of all that stupid questions here haha, but english is not my main, so iam scared, that i dont get it right...

Question:

i sadly updated my DS:( i bought an cheap used one on ebay.(Dont have it yet) So u said, that the Updates from ORAS XY are stored in the SD card? So when i update ORAS YX on my new 3ds and put it back in my old used 2ds, im still NOT able to play online, because the update is not visible? But, i dont need to be online to use the exploid, so i just can use it for the PKHEX, save and put it back in my new 3ds? :)

You explained it bevor, but i was not sure if i got it right :)

thanks!

SD cards are device specific, you cannot "just" swap around the SD card. However, since you have the cheap cheating only device you don't need the ORAS update there. Just inject what has to be injected the save and take the cartridge out in order to put in your updated 3ds with all the update data.

SD cards are device specific, you cannot "just" swap around the SD card. However, since you have the cheap cheating only device you don't need the ORAS update there. Just inject what has to be injected the save and take the cartridge out in order to put in your updated 3ds with all the update data.

thanks for the fast answer. And no i did not mean the SD Card, i mean the ORAS XY Card. So thats works. that is great :)

thanks!