RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

@pokemonmaniac: I don't know the details on that particular case, but I suspect that it's similar to with the New3DS and has a slightly different web browser and so doesn't have the same exploit available. It's not something that they can just work on and suddenly support. If the method is found, then it will show up here.

@The Shiny Jirachi: What video thing? Do you mean the QR Code option? If so, it's basically the same as the original method for injecting a single Pokemon into Box1 Slot 1, except that it does it directly from PKHeX.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@pokemonmaniac: I don't know the details on that particular case, but I suspect that it's similar to with the New3DS and has a slightly different web browser and so doesn't have the same exploit available. It's not something that they can just work on and suddenly support. If the method is found, then it will show up here.

@The Shiny Jirachi: What video thing? Do you mean the QR Code option? If so, it's basically the same as the original method for injecting a single Pokemon into Box1 Slot 1, except that it does it directly from PKHeX.

inabout pkhex it say

added decrypt battle video scrapping for ek6 data

Ah, that. That allows you to access a decrypted Battle Video's data to load the info for a .ek6 Pokemon file.

Basically, you can take a Pokemon from a Battle Video and turn it into one in your PC.

Not sure how to get one in the first place though.

Its what i though but i just don't find where/how to use this

Ah, that. That allows you to access a decrypted Battle Video's data to load the info for a .ek6 Pokemon file.

Basically, you can take a Pokemon from a Battle Video and turn it into one in your PC.

Not sure how to get one in the first place though.

I'd really like to know how to extract data from battle videos too, it could be really helpful =)

Edit: this could help: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37568-%28X-Y%29-KeyBV-Battle-Video-Data-Viewer

Ah, got it. Thanks, person who caused this to happen... As I suspected, it's a theft issue, not Genning (Genning just got caught in the crossfire). Sure, it's not a big one to users, but it does directly affect income for Nintendo.

Here's the likely big reason for the patch: Pokemon Shuffle. A great, fun, free game, with no real limitations and the ability to pay for extra of what you already get in-game. BUT, someone decided to go and mess with that, making it possible to completely ignore the payment stage and get game and total contents for zilch. DUH that's a no-no.

So I won't update and finish the things I have to finish, which are just a few luckily.

However, is there a chance we may inject things again? I guess the reply is no for a browser-related injection, but maybe there are some other ways?

It's as if nothing happened now, hackers nearly have to start from scratch. When something is found it will be spread but until then noone can now when that will happen (as it is said: We're not psychic-types!)

It's as if nothing happened now, hackers nearly have to start from scratch. When something is found it will be spread but until then noone can now when that will happen (as it is said: We're not psychic-types!)

And if I were them I'd not tell publicly if they know of another way to work it out until it's ready, it's just me being greedy since I won't have a second console until I can afford the new 3DS and I kinda have to debate if I want to update right after I finish what I need to, or never update until I have the money. Time to wait then.

Those files are not ever needed. You could always delete them at any time, as they don't do anything outside of when you are using the exploit.

Also, they can't "force" you to update. You just don't get full usage of Nintendo online (such as e-shop and some game) services without updating. You also miss out on any other incidental upgrades that happen at the time.

For example, should the Badge Arcade (tentative possible English name) get released outside of Japan, yeah, you gonna need to update, and it is FUN! I love my customized Mario-landscape home menu!

The only method with which they can more or less force us to update is by releasing a 1.3 oras and 1.4 XY update. Those would have to be downloaded from the eShop. Without we cannot trade/battle etc. But to access the eShop we would have to system update.

Ah, got it. Thanks, person who caused this to happen... As I suspected, it's a theft issue, not Genning (Genning just got caught in the crossfire). Sure, it's not a big one to users, but it does directly affect income for Nintendo.

Here's the likely big reason for the patch: Pokemon Shuffle. A great, fun, free game, with no real limitations and the ability to pay for extra of what you already get in-game. BUT, someone decided to go and mess with that, making it possible to completely ignore the payment stage and get game and total contents for zilch. DUH that's a no-no.

I doubt it was Pokémon Shuffle that caused Nintendo to act. It happened far too quick. It's more likely that they've been working on sorting this out since it appeared in January. The revenue they will have lost from Shuffle would have been miniscule. It's very easy to finger-point, but without some of the key members on this site, we'd have no hacking tools like RAM2Sav (and yes, this is a hacking tool, and if you use it or any similar exploits to, term, hack the game, you're a hacker - hey, nothing wrong with that!).

The only method with which they can more or less force us to update is by releasing a 1.3 oras and 1.4 XY update. Those would have to be downloaded from the eShop. Without we cannot trade/battle etc. But to access the eShop we would have to system update.

Is there any way to block the game from checking whether there is a new 1.3 update eventually though? That way I can stay at 9.5.0-22 and OR/AS 1.2 and still trade/GTS.

it comes in handy if you have 2 3ds systems or a new 3ds and old one don.t update the one you don.t use and you'll be fine even if they make a game update to play online just take game out of old 3ds into the one you use a game updates not likely to happen but if you want to play newer games when they come out and still want to gen you'll need 2 3ds

How do I use this tool? I don't know how is there any way for me to use this?

1. Go to the first post of this thread and download the attached files (Ram2Sav.zip

2.Unzip it and copy "rsavout.bin" and "rsavin.bin" at the root of your 3ds' SD card

3. Get ingame, press the menu button and go to http://bit.ly/1JUgAFv with your 3ds browser to load rsavou.bin

4. After browser crashes (if bottom screen becomes green you succeeded), turn off your console and put the SD card in a computer

5.Open ramsav.bin with PKHex, Edit it, then go to SAV > Export SAV and save the new file on the SD card

6.Get ingame again, press menu button and go to http://bit.ly/1Caycho to load rsavin.bin

7.Again, if your bottom screen becomes green before the browser crashes, go back to your game and check that it has been edited.

8.If everything is okay, you may save to make it permanent. If not then just quit the game or turn off your 3ds to cancel them.