RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

I fixed it.

It appears the PGL's HA Tyrunt was a big part of the problem.

I reloaded a gamesave (via that otherwise evil PowerSaves), and had no problems.

It wasn't until I re-injected my PGL HA Tyrunt Wonder Card from my actual authentic original PGL HA Tyrunt Wonder Card that this problem reappeared.

Since I exported the actual Wonder Card (and therefore imported the actual Wonder Card), this problem may also be stemming from PKHex's Wonder Card system...maybe only when using that specific Wonder Card.

My guess is that they REALLY do not want that Pokémon mass-duped/mass-cloned.

^_^

Anywho, I am by no means knocking PKHex and/or Ram2Sav's Web Export/inject method.

However, I hope this little fiasco of mine will at least encourage others to be EXTREMELY careful when using utilities such as these.

This can be quite fun and/or rewarding, but it is definitely a very serious activity with very serious consequences if not executed properly.

I was lucky this time, but if I'm not more cateful in the future...

Just...be careful.

Anyone using these services should fully understand how they work or at least understand the risks involved.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I have a quick question

Can I use this to SAFELY make a backup of my save file on my Pokemon AS (U) and also SAFELY restore the backup to the cart , Without losing online features of the game ?

Because some people on this thread said that they lost online features of the game by simply using this tool. ( can someone pls confirm this ?)

Thank you SciresM for this tool

And thank you everyone for taking the Time to help me out.

@Megazero1x1

Well, first of all the dump that ram2sav makes is far from a backup that powersaves makes. A ram2sav dump cannot rewrite (amongst others)

• trainer location

• game time

• party data

• exact badge data (i tried removing only 5th badge, the 8th was removed instead)

• and well.. All other dynamic values.

Safely make a backup? Yes.

A full backup? No.

Don't start a new game and rely on a ram2sav dump to just put back your old game when you so desire. I'd advice buying a powersaves for that.

I would like to setup a mobile server (on my android phone) to dump at school. Can somebody provide a zip file with all the files I need?

Thanks,

Skidooelan

So your school blocks the website? I honestly doubt a mobile server is going to help for that... But the source files are included on the first post.

My advice would be just to be patient and wait till your home :bidoof:

@Megazero1x1

Well, first of all the dump that ram2sav makes is far from a backup that powersaves makes. A ram2sav dump cannot rewrite (amongst others)

• trainer location

• game time

• party data

• exact badge data (i tried removing only 5th badge, the 8th was removed instead)

• and well.. All other dynamic values.

Safely make a backup? Yes.

A full backup? No.

Don't start a new game and rely on a ram2sav dump to just put back your old game when you so desire. I'd advice buying a powersaves for that.

Thank you favna , that answered a lot of questions.

I really wanted to have something like 2 save profiles using ram2sav.(one for me and another for a friend, but I guess that's not possible)

In the event that the save file on the cart gets corrupted, can ram2sav be used to put a previous backup data back into the cart ? (I'm guessing not , but I'm not sure)

Thanks again

Edited by megazero1x1
grammatical errors

So your school blocks the website? I honestly doubt a mobile server is going to help for that... But the source files are included on the first post.

My advice would be just to be patient and wait till your home :bidoof:

While the source is in the post, the actual web-end isn't, only the C programs and the file conversion are. The actual exploit is stored on the web server.

I would like to setup a mobile server (on my android phone) to dump at school. Can somebody provide a zip file with all the files I need?

Thanks,

Skidooelan

I will not provide the actual files, but if you look at the source of the page you'll see the js needed to run the exploit (just rip it yourself), you'll also see the location of LoadROP.dat (of which you can also rip.)

@megazero1x1: If you are mainly concerned with losing Pokemon, then just save all of their files to your computer, so you can easily, and in bulk, load them to any game without issue.

Beyond that, there's really not much point in being able to restore a full save, since it's not something that takes a long time to clear the game, and you could easily edit any Pokemon to math your ID/SID so it would be yours in that game and obey at Lv. 100 without a single badge.

Items are also no issue, since they can be edited in at the same time. All you could ever really lose (so long as you back up your Pokemon collection, and/or just keep most on the Bank) would be your actual Trainer, which is hardly a loss, beyond nostalgia, your items+money (openly editable), Pokedex (again, edit or just obtain normally, either is easy), and game progress (which is easy to do, and you shouldn't mind anyways if you enjoy playing through the game's story itself).

^_^; I don't so much know a lot, as have just been a tinkerer for a long time.

@ThatAnArchyDude: However, I import my games (and so use Cyber Editor instead), so I'm not much help on the actual specifics of using this, beyond a few things... I do believe I've seen mention that this only works for cartridge games though, not digital. (Please, if anyone knows otherwise, correct me.)

Also, as far as Bank goes, there is no difference between using cartridge and digital (beyond having to swap the cartridge, all of a few seconds), so I'd personally suggest staying with the cartridge. (I prefer the extra safety if something happens to my console for some reason, whether age/accident/etc. and not going through trying to re-assign my account to a new system. But that's paranoid me. And I've never gotten past my preference of holding the game as well.)

@MikeMaster3123: I'm not sure what you're asking there... you should end up with a file named rsavout.bin after the first crash (save data copy out stage)

From what I've heard it does work on digital copies since they are the same as physical copies. Whereas the Cyber Editor and Powersaves require you to connect your cart, RAM2Sav is live RAM editing while the game is open so it doesn't really matter what format the game is in.

I realise you've had two conflicting answers so I'd check through this thread because the creator(s) of this exploit have definitely clarified this at some point.

i did something bad and fucked my save, i did it well the first time but the second i forgot to run rsavout.bin first , edited ramsav and replaced it on my sd so i enter the game and it says my data can not be recognized what can i do? i tried my cartdridge on my n3ds and works well but not anymore on my 3ds.

@Rubbabud that sounds impossible... Either you are leaving out information or your making things up. If it says corrupted save on your old 3ds it should also on your n3ds.

Furthermore not running rsavout and putting back an older, yet edited, ramsav is perfectly fine. You might lose some data, but it shouldn't corrupt. I've done this (accidentally) multiple times.

@jariesuicune Sorry for any confusion so maybe this will be a little easier to understand. This is what my SD card looks like every time I try to get a .bin file in there, it just doesn't pop up. Is there something I may be forgetting? Am I only suppose to have the "rsavin.c.c" file in there? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

PKMN.PNG

PKMN.PNG.8bb2803b76afe442eb72310c248aa2e

@jariesuicune Sorry for any confusion so maybe this will be a little easier to understand. This is what my SD card looks like every time I try to get a .bin file in there, it just doesn't pop up. Is there something I may be forgetting? Am I only suppose to have the "rsavin.c.c" file in there? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at the moment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12163[/ATTACH]

Those are the wrong files, the source code - you need the files which end in .bin. You should have rsavin.bin and rsavout.bin.