RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i copied rsavin and rsavout files to my SD card. I typed the URL and i received the error. After turn off my 3DS and check the SD card i have no ramsav.bin file. I'm running a 3DS XL 9.5.0-22E. I have deleted cookies and i have replaced the files again. Could you help me please? Thank you.

Edited by EtO

The majority of it is working but there's two minor issues. First, Name Rater does nothing even with OT, TID and SID set correctly. Second, shiny status is behaving strangely - it shows the shiny star on the menu, gives off the shiny animation, but the pokemon has the normal coloring. Are these intended or my fault?

First, that is a PKHeX-related question, so please take those questions there.

You are most likely making mistakes. Be sure that you are using only the most recent software for everything, including your game system and game, to ensure things are working together correctly.

If you are fully up to date, then try just making small edits first to try to localize the problem(s).

If you are using PKHeX in HaX mode, then that could possibly be the cause as well, though I don't know why it would.

If possible, could you shed some light on how the web end of the exploit works? I see that you load a static file from the webserver (LoadCode.Dat) and execute it, but I also see in the Javascript "b=q.indexOf('dmc:/');" where I'm assuming dmc is the external SD Card of the system.

However I am confused at these lines

b+=5;

e=q.indexOf('\0',b); ... else{

u+='"dmc:/" not found';

}

What does this do? I was wondering because I would like to write a program that generates injectable QR Codes for entire SAV files (including exporting them directly to the server.) Does the dmc mean I can see the files on the SD Card? and if possible could I use this to run rsavout.bin, copy the data to my web server, make x changes, and copy it back to the SD card and run rsavin.bin? (Using X QR Codes.)

Because modding the system makes it change to a configuration that doesn't work the same as the original system. Obviously, this is a minor reason why you are not to tamper with that in the first place (other than it being illegal and all, but everyone already knows that). The system is built a certain way, and not meant to just be modded like a lego toy and expect to work the same as the developers made it, unintended glitches included.

One-way Trades?!

Who do I ask about why I can't trade any Pokemon once I use PKHex/Ram2Sav?

Because that just started happening after the February 17th maintenance.

I have been having to reload my previous gamesave from PowerSaves just to trade ANYTHING, but I can't trade hardly any Pokemon I make with PKHex anymore...even ones that WERE going through before February 17th.

This especially happens to Pokemon I receive in trades via WiFi.

I can receive them, but I can't even trade them right back to the person I got them from...even within the same trade session...I can't even Wonder Trade a Pokémon I just recieved via Wonder Trade.

This is causing me some serious issues.

I can't finish my Pokedex because I can't trade anything people want, even if I caught it myself, and I can't trade back with trusting friends whom are starting to wonder if they'll ever get their Pokemon back.

This is only happening on the gamesave I use with PKHex/Ram2Sav.

These Pokémon trade fine from any other game...once I trade them to it through Local Wireless, but I do not often have access to my wife's game/3DS in order to do this, and I'd rather trade them from MY game, and this methid rarely ever works.

Can anyone help?

I'll supply my .bins, if that will help.

I can't trade ANY Pokémon I obtain in ANY way...once I've used PKHex/Ram2Sav.

I never had this problem until after the February 17th maintenance PGL was talking about.

Any Pokémon I obtained in any way, after I got my HA Tyrunt from them, will not trade...except that Tyrunt, but I'd kinda like to keep him.

I asked about this in the PKHex forums, and was told that I was the only person they know is using Ram2Sav instead of some cyber gadget.

So they insisted this is a Ram2Sav problem.

Then it probably is. I've never heard of this problem, at the very least. PKHeX itself is also very unlikely to be part of the issue (Unless you were using HaX mode, in which case it may not be surprising, depending)

Do any of the trades involve Genned Pokemon on either end?

What mods to your game have you made? That may hold a clue. (I wouldn't touch Ram2Sav, partially because Cyber is far better (though JP-only))

Is your game using a game save from a different game cartridge? (While this has been shown to be possible, the possible problems from doing so are currently unknown)

^_^ If you don't know what it is, then no need to worry, since it can't be used accidentally (it's the mode that lets you make completely illegal Pokemon... which is basically useless if you want to use them online, since they have to pass the Legal Check. It's just for people who want to test how certain things work or just to have weird play in their own game.).

More likely, I suspect they are right in it being because of Ram2Sav. They must be getting something wrong making them fail the Legal Check in the process.

To be clear: You say you can start a whole new game on both games, have one of them use Ram2Sav to change a single Pokemon to be Shiny, then try to trade online between the two games but not use any modded Pokemon and it will fail to trade?

^_^ If you don't know what it is, then no need to worry, since it can't be used accidentally (it's the mode that lets you make completely illegal Pokemon... which is basically useless if you want to use them online, since they have to pass the Legal Check. It's just for people who want to test how certain things work or just to have weird play in their own game.).

More likely, I suspect they are right in it being because of Ram2Sav. They must be getting something wrong making them fail the Legal Check in the process.

To be clear: You say you can start a whole new game on both games, have one of them use Ram2Sav to change a single Pokemon to be Shiny, then try to trade online between the two games but not use any modded Pokemon and it will fail to trade?

No.

I can't trade ANY Pokémon...not even the non-modded ones.

Also, I CAN gen any Pokemon. For example, I gave my brother-in-law a Charizard with Thunder & Hydro Cannon.

Moves are harder to limit, due to the sheer amount of research and comparing required. HaX mode would allow such as putting Wonder Guard or No Guard and such. Either way, don't worry about that, since Illegal Pokemon are useless online.

Let's see.. what actually happens when you try to trade something? You are able to get to the trading screen, showing your Pokemon collection, right? Then you offer a Pokemon and it says "this Pokemon can not be traded" or something like that?

Moves are harder to limit, due to the sheer amount of research and comparing required. HaX mode would allow such as putting Wonder Guard or No Guard and such. Either way, don't worry about that, since Illegal Pokemon are useless online.

Let's see.. what actually happens when you try to trade something? You are able to get to the trading screen, showing your Pokemon collection, right? Then you offer a Pokemon and it says "this Pokemon can not be traded" or something like that?

Someone intended to Touch-trade their Faraway Island Mew from from their OR to my AS.

It won't trade back.

"There is a Pokémon in your party that cannot be traded."

This happened within the same trade session.

Meaning, we never even left the trade.

I'm thinking something has gone wrong with my Trainer's data.

... That's very not good. First, I'd suggest checking the data on that Mew. Just because they traded it doesn't mean that it's guaranteed right. I wouldn't be too surprised if there are people somehow fooling the system, no idea how though.

Your Trainer Data won't (shouldn't?) affect trading. As soon as you are able to trade, you can trade without limit, short of things not allowed to be traded. If it works one way, something really weird is going on...

Cripes, I've just never come across a problem like this before. About the only immediate suggestion I can give is this: Have one game be your active gaming game (no cheating, not at all), and the other be your cheat supply, using Bank to transfer from the cheating one to the gaming one.

Things like this (and more/worse) are the risk you run by cheating. Everyone knows this, and has for the full 20 (and ongoing) years of Pokemon.

The only other game I can use is my wife's.

She usually has it with her at work.

Someone suggested to me that it might be a block put on me when I accidentally Game Synced when saving the RAM to my gamesave.

We're thinking that if I were to unregister the cartridge with PGL, and start a new game sync (without Ram2Sav files on my SD card) it might remove the block, and I might not have this issue.

Then I could just save the RAM to my gamesave while the WiFi is off to avoid a repeat.

However, I'm stuck at work for another 2 hours.

I'll try it out when I get home, and post my findings here.

If I can fix this, maybe it will help someone else someday.

No, don't do that. It won't help. Since you've already shown that it doesn't happen before you mod your save, that's just a waste of time.

Don't waste time with changing things involving PGL, the Game Synch doesn't check anything that would cause the issue, if it checks anything of the sort at all. If so, I'm sure this would be a much more wide-spread problem with plenty of people working on it.

Stick to what is happening, not speculation: for some reason, some of the Pokemon you have involved with your trades seem to become recognized as Illegal. As far as anything you've described, this is what your problem is.

Okay, but PGL does track all Game Synced cartridge WiFi trades.

So it does have access to my trades...at some point.

At this moment, any hypothesis would be speculation as I seem to be the only person experiencing this problem.

I think I should try it anyway.

Maybe there is a block, and this might remove it by assuming the game has been resold.

As long as I can re-register the cartridge with PGL, what have I got to lose?

It's better than chasing my tail in circles, and hoping for an answer to just pop into existence; right?

"Those whom pursue nothing; gain nothing."

Edited by ThatAnArchyDude