RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

Hi

Sadly that bit.ly link is blocked in my country . Please tell me a way . what does that link do anyway

bit.ly is a link shortner. I would give you the full URL's but on my pc they are blocked by avast and on my phone they just don't load at all (past the bit.ly part), if I were to run them on my 3DS it would most likely crash before I could fetch the URL.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Link shortener" really means "a link to a forwarding site to the real desired link" Which means going through an additional site and server(s) to reach the final destination. (As convenient as it is for things like Twitter where you have minimal text space to work with, somewhere like here, it's better to put the original link in the first place.

Links:

SavOut:

http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&rsavout.bin

SavIn:

http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&rsavin.bin

If it ever does, that will be when. I doubt it will, and it really won't help you to do so. There is a purpose for the resetting function on Pokemon in their wrong forms, so don't waste time trying to bypass it. Some will reset after battles anyways. And at least one can cause near-permanent save issues if you do it. Genning is fine, but play the game right.

If what you are wanting is simply to mod a party Pokemon to be better, then simply load it's file and save the upgraded one to your PC and withdraw it.

If it ever does, that will be when. I doubt it will, and it really won't help you to do so. There is a purpose for the resetting function on Pokemon in their wrong forms, so don't waste time trying to bypass it. Some will reset after battles anyways. And at least one can cause near-permanent save issues if you do it. Genning is fine, but play the game right.

If what you are wanting is simply to mod a party Pokemon to be better, then simply load it's file and save the upgraded one to your PC and withdraw it.

its the only way to get a pokemon lvl to 255, that's why I wanted to know :)

Ram2Sav itself is pretty safe. It's what you do with it that can have you banned.

I did not personnaly encounter any problem, but Nintendo has acces to your whole save through PGL so if you do some impossible edits it's likely they will end up finding a way to see you're cheating and banning you as they wish.

Quote from Waitress_Tsubame:

Hmm I stumbled to this article BTW: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/02/12/nintendo-3ds-users-playing-pirated-games-are-being-banned/

So my paranoia question is... is this Ram2Sav still safe right? It doesn't get us banned in Nintendo right?

Back in the day when Nintendo released their first 3DS the the rumor was going around that Nintendo claimed they could remotely brick a device to never ever boot again if they were to detect modified uses of it. Up till this day no reports have occurred of such cases, regardless of the amount of people running EmuNands with GateWays, ram editing methods or flashcards that can only play NDS roms.

TL;DR: Do not hold back, it's just Nintendo trying to scare people and with that trying to make them not follow the paths of innovation (in this case, ram save editing)

Ram2Sav itself is pretty safe. It's what you do with it that can have you banned.

I did not personnaly encounter any problem, but Nintendo has acces to your whole save through PGL so if you do some impossible edits it's likely they will end up finding a way to see you're cheating and banning you as they wish.

Simple solution, do not use Game Sync, right?

@goldensun87: No, that's not the solution. The solution is:

1) Keep your edits Legal. Really though, that's a no-brainer. ... Duh.

2) The thing about Nintendo doing a remote bricking is not from Nintendo in the first place, ie: not a "scare tactic". Yes, in theory, they could, but unlike other companies, they aren't run by jerks. Also, for people that don't care and just mod their system software, that can clash with a system update and result in bricking, but that they brought on themselves intentionally. IF Nintendo ever did do that (what things would have to reach to make them that enforcing...) would still be from system data modding, not game-saves.

3) Not ever accessing the PGL would just about mean to "never go online in-game" (since the system accessing the game synch (ie: PGL) automatically). So unless you only play to be on your lonesome and never with other people online... So that would probably take out a tiny bit of your fun with these games, no?

@AoiKunieda:

-Ask questions about PKHeX in the threads about PKHeX. Not here.

-Editing Region/Hours won't ever work, because that's monitored separately. And that's totally pointless. If you want high game hours, just play the game, or just leave it on. Want different region, buy a new game/start over.

@goldensun87: No, that's not the solution. The solution is:

1) Keep your edits Legal. Really though, that's a no-brainer. ... Duh.

2) The thing about Nintendo doing a remote bricking is not from Nintendo in the first place, ie: not a "scare tactic". Yes, in theory, they could, but unlike other companies, they aren't run by jerks. Also, for people that don't care and just mod their system software, that can clash with a system update and result in bricking, but that they brought on themselves intentionally. IF Nintendo ever did do that (what things would have to reach to make them that enforcing...) would still be from system data modding, not game-saves.

3) Not ever accessing the PGL would just about mean to "never go online in-game" (since the system accessing the game synch (ie: PGL) automatically). So unless you only play to be on your lonesome and never with other people online... So that would probably take out a tiny bit of your fun with these games, no?

@AoiKunieda:

-Ask questions about PKHeX in the threads about PKHeX. Not here.

-Editing Region/Hours won't ever work, because that's monitored separately. And that's totally pointless. If you want high game hours, just play the game, or just leave it on. Want different region, buy a new game/start over.

Ok, but the automatic Game Sync can be turned off. And I may have synced an old X save with unreleased abilities I had transferred through Bank, but never had any problems. I accidentally synced my OR save just now because that Game Sync button has no confirmation prompt -_- . But still, my save doesn't have Hoopa, Volcanion, or any hackmons, so I'll make sure that never happens again.

That may be, but there's really no point in worrying. The worst that has any likeliness would be a PokeDex check, resulting in being blocked from certain online features in-game as long as you had any illegal entries.

So, just don't have illegal Dex entries, and then you have no risk of problems, of which there are currently no risks anyways.

Also related, keep your Pokemon themselves Legal, since non-Legal Pokemon can not battle/trade.

is new 3ds support being worked on yet

Do you even /want/ support? It's a horrible task to get the microSD out and not worth it compared to shortly using the older console. The microSD card on the N3DS is stored under the back case and requires loosening 2 screws to take it out.