RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why region and hours not work ? :(

As this question has been asked many times before,

So... this might be a bug or just something I'm not seeing, but for both a friend and me any changes in playtime are not actually visible in-game after running rsavin.bin. I changed it to "hours 999__ minutes 58 seconds 00" so theoretically I would need only 1 minute to max out the time. Regardless it still shows 102:50 in-game.

Edit: My friend also just tried 600 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Didn't work either.

Values that are actively being changed (such as playtime, which is always being updated) are unlikely to be modifiable via this method.

i tried using this, but the URL given in the text file to Load rsavout.bin doesn't work, i get "Error 404 - Not Found" when i try to load the page...

Has the pages been updated? if so, could someone please provide me with working links for this :)

My Bad, i checked the URL and i had saved it incorrectly.

Who ever is behind this whole Injection Exploit... Thankyou so FKN MUTCH! your work has Revived the Pokegen Community (And hopefully Pissed Gamefreak off too! :)

which one do you have in mind?

Usually whenever an update is released, a vulnerability has been patched. Alpha's saying that it's possible that undiscovered vulnerabilities have been patched, and you shouldn't update your 3DS so you have a greater chance of using it, if there is one.

Ram2Save has been confirmed to work on the latest update, though I don't know if anything else is blocked.

I tried doing and it worked well. However, after a while it stopped working. I deleted cookies and initialized the save data on the browser, but that didn't help. Suggestions?

(If it helps, I had switched computers after a few edits and edited some more. I stopped for a while and saw that my 3ds was ready to update to 9.5, but I did not let it update. After that was when none of the new edits were working.)

Question: Why does PKHeX remove the Odd Keystone and Ability Urge items from my 'tools' pocket when I enter the item editor?

Eh first of this would probably better be posted on the pkhex subforum found here

But to partially answer your question anyway, I would understand Ability Urge. It is an item that exclusively has a use in gen 5's Wonder launcher battles. The Odd Keystone is an odd one though

pun intended :creep:

Someone please answer this.Do I have to export my save every time i want to edit the save?Or can I export it once and then keep editing end importing whenever I want the edited save?

Given that you made changes to in between the two edits such as pokemon box locations, pokemon at daycare, DNA splicer fusions etc. etc. then yes. If not, no, in fact, you can just copy ramsav.bin to your desktop so you always keep a copy of your latest ramsav accessible. Handy for when you want to check something about a pokemon mid-battle ;)

So yeah, just wanted to say thanks for your work, but I'm a little bit stumped about something.

I followed the instructions, and whenever I went to run the savin.bin, I would get back into my game only for it to get stuck in a black screen and not be able to do anything. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong; any advice?

If it helps, I was trying to put a Volcanion into Box 1. I also tried having the PC open when I did this, only for everything to turn into Bad Eggs (I didn't save, so I didn't actually lose anything, but still).

Hmm sometimes that green screen will not show up while either reading or writing (even after clearing 3DS browser history & cookies)

Do I have to retry & try again?

From my experience, if you get a green screen while you read the file, you need to start over (in other words, it is OK if you don't get the green screen during this step). In the other hand, when I get the green screen while injecting a file, it usually is a successful process.

Hope this helps,

- Hide

From my experience, if you get a green screen while you read the file, you need to start over (in other words, it is OK if you don't get the green screen during this step). In the other hand, when I get the green screen while injecting a file, it usually is a successful process.

Hope this helps,

- Hide

Lol, the reverse applies to me. Even the stickied (or non-stickied?) post says that having a green screen is OK, and having neither green nor red means you'll have to redo it one way or another.

So yeah, just wanted to say thanks for your work, but I'm a little bit stumped about something.

I followed the instructions, and whenever I went to run the savin.bin, I would get back into my game only for it to get stuck in a black screen and not be able to do anything. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong; any advice?

If it helps, I was trying to put a Volcanion into Box 1. I also tried having the PC open when I did this, only for everything to turn into Bad Eggs (I didn't save, so I didn't actually lose anything, but still).

Well first of all try to do it without the box open. Injecting Volcanion should a-ok, I've injected more odd stuff haha -cough-

iRmpfgv.jpg?1

Anyway, make sure that you're not forgetting anything in pkhex and ask any pkhex related questions in the pkhex subforum

So guys I just have a couple of quick questions about injecting certain pokemon such as Keldeo, Venusaur, and Gyardos if you could help me it would be appreiciated

What are your questions?

@Raikouisbae: To head it off... if your questions are about actually making the Pokemon file, read the second yellow note at the top of this page (hopefully you didn't just ignore it and close it). This thread is for questions about the RAM2Sav, not about using PKHeX or Legality (ie: how to make a Pokemon to inject).

Sorry if that's not the case.

Well first of all try to do it without the box open. Injecting Volcanion should a-ok, I've injected more odd stuff haha -cough-

iRmpfgv.jpg?1

Anyway, make sure that you're not forgetting anything in pkhex and ask any pkhex related questions in the pkhex subforum

What are your questions?

Yeah, I meant that I tried it both with and without the boxes open, and the result is basically the same. Either bad eggs, or it just straight up freezes on a black screen before I can actually access the PC. I'm not at all sure what I'm doing wrong; it seems like I follow the instructions perfectly, but it just doesn't work out. I really just want a Volcanion. I've also seen a few people say that this could be the result of trying to load a save from a different game than the one i made this with, but that's impossible since I only own Alpha Sapphire (digitially; don't have a physical game), so it really stumps me.