RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

How can i find out if my 3DS is nand? My Version is 9.4.0-21E and it's a standard (not XL) 3DS from about winter 2013.

Im asking this since I'd buy a card reader tomorrow but only if it should work.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can i find out if my 3DS is nand? My Version is 9.4.0-21E and it's a standard (not XL) 3DS from about winter 2013.

Im asking this since I'd buy a card reader tomorrow but only if it should work.

Read the first post:

> What is emunand? Am I on Sysnand or Emunand? If you have to ask this question and/or don't know what either of those words mean, you are on Sysnand and this will work.

Your 3DS should work fine with the exploit.

Some copies of the games have different save block identifiers in RAM, and are not currently supported. If you get empty boxes when you open your save in PKHeX, please PM me your save file, and I will fix this as soon as possible.

This requires you use a 3ds on system nand 9.0-9.4. You CANNOT use any other firmware, nor a new nintendo 3ds, nor a 3ds on 9.x emunand.

This will NOT work on a Korean 3DS at the moment.

If it isn't working, please clear your browser history and cookies and try again.

Please do not discuss Pokemon legality help in this thread. The place for that is here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-Pok%E9mon-Legality

This is a method based off of Yifan Lu's spider3DSTools (https://github.com/yifanlu/Spider3DSTools) to dump or inject a save file from your Gen VI Pokemon Game.

NOTE: You need PKHeX 1-28-15 or later to use this with PKHeX. Please update your PKHeX before using this.

You cannot use this with SaveDataFiler right now because of the Map Data issue. It's kind of being worked on.

This tool has two limitations.

1. You cannot import Party Data. You can export, but not import because of cacheing. This may be fixed in the future.

2. You cannot import OR export NPC/Map data. This is because it's not stored with the rest of save data.

Video:

[video=youtube;46k-QSK5vjs]

Instructions:

1. Copy rsavin.bin and rsavout.bin onto your 9.X 3DS (or XL or 2DS) (no emunand/no new 3ds(the one with the C-stick)) SD card.

2. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame (make sure you can see Brendan/May).

3. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

4. Go to http://bit.ly/1JUgAFv to run rsavout.bin.

5. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

6. Power down the 3ds.

7. Take out your SD card and put it in the PC.

8. Open ramsav.bin in PKHex.

9. Edit to your desire.

10. Export ramsave.bin with the Export SAV button under the SAV tab.

11. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame (make sure you can see Brendan/May).

12. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

13. Go to http://bit.ly/1Caycho to run rsavin.bin.

14. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

15. Check your game for edits. If you're satisfied with them, save to write them to your game's actual save, otherwise close the game to revert them.

Source:

rsavin.c: http://pastebin.com/dj3jWehT

rsavout.c: http://pastebin.com/4KJjWRz9

ramsave.bin to main conversion: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/master/Misc/ram2sav.cs

Frequently Asked Questions

> What's the root directory? The Root directory of your SD card is the base folder. C: \ is the root of the C Drive, etc.

> What is emunand? Am I on Sysnand or Emunand? If you have to ask this question and/or don't know what either of those words mean, you are on Sysnand and this will work.

> When I run the exploit, I get a bad egg! Your pokemon.ekx file is not actually a .ekx. It is probably a .pkx. Make sure you are saving it correctly from PKHeX.

> How can I get my SID? Open your injectiondebug.bin (generated when you run the exploit) in the latest version of PKHeX.

> The exploit isn't working! When I run it, nothing happens! Clear your 3ds browser's cache/cookies. Scroll down to the bottom of settings and hit "Initialize Save Data", then try again.

> What does this work on? This works on 2ds, Old 3ds and old 3ds XL firmwares 9.0-9.4.

> When do I trigger this? Load the website in the 3ds browser AFTER opening the game and making sure you can see Brendan/May.

Download:

Can you translate more things at Trainer Data Editor Stats? I want to change how many PP UP'S I used.

"You can export, but not import because of cacheing. This may be fixed in the future."

(Sorry if my English is bad)

When that will be fixed, your tool will can be used with other 3DS games, like Animal Crossing New Leaf ?

It can be interesting because I have a corrupted save file of this game (digital format), and I want to bypass the save checking for inject a recent backup of my save file.

Can you translate more things at Trainer Data Editor Stats? I want to change how many PP UP'S I used.
"You can export, but not import because of cacheing. This may be fixed in the future."

(Sorry if my English is bad)

When that will be fixed, your tool will can be used with other 3DS games, like Animal Crossing New Leaf ?

It can be interesting because I have a corrupted save file of this game (digital format), and I want to bypass the save checking for inject a recent backup of my save file.

What do yo mean?I just imported

Worked fine for me the first time, now it is not dumping the save anymore. I cleared cookies and history and did the save reset. Nothing is really working. My 3DS is in the parameters, is there something missing?

You may have to delete the sav you exported to your SD card before. It seems it wont overwrite existing ones. So every time you have to get rid of the old one.

Is there any way I can do this without going in game? I did something stupid, and now when I try to open the game all I get is the message "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used." Here is a link to my thread explaining what I did: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44770-Help-needed-to-extract-pokemon-from-save-or-fixing-save&p=197705#post197705

the hours and 3DSRegion and Language,place not work :( why ??

This:

So... this might be a bug or just something I'm not seeing, but for both a friend and me any changes in playtime are not actually visible in-game after running rsavin.bin. I changed it to "hours 999__ minutes 58 seconds 00" so theoretically I would need only 1 minute to max out the time. Regardless it still shows 102:50 in-game.

Edit: My friend also just tried 600 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Didn't work either.

Values that are actively being changed (such as playtime, which is always being updated) are unlikely to be modifiable via this method.

A question just to confirm something: Is it normal that after I edit the playtime through PKHeX it doesn't get modified after I insert the ramsav through accessing rsavin.bin through the browser?

Pretty sure anything that's actively updated, like the play time, can't be changed.

It may be that there are other parts that track play time, maybe not stored as part of the main save. Either way, those things are really quite pointless to tamper with, since you have absolutely nothing to gain from it anyways. Really, other than editing Pokemon, Wondercards, maybe the PokeDex (which you should also take care to keep only Legal entries, as there may be features or Legal Checks that may look there, as in Gen V with the Dream World), and possibly Secret Bases, there is hardly any real reason to edit anything else in the save other than for kicks... but since it's not always clear how those other things will be actually affected due to the save not being just simple like it was once upon a Gen I, you really would have less problems not tampering with them.

It may well be that some of the posters mentioning their game suddenly having major issues after editing may be been because they messed with stuff they really just shouldn't have.

In other words, just because you CAN edit something, doesn't mean it's SAFE to do so (or may not have the expected results, from nothing to bad), no matter how well designed the editor. Unless you have a really good reason, just stick to the safe stuff and enjoy the game.