RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

I've got a weird one. I have a corrupted Alpha Sapphire save (not from Powersaves - it was just lying around on my desk untouched), and my last backup is kind of old now. I managed to get the corrupted save open in PKHeX, however. The Datel Checksum Fixer doesn't fix the save, by the way, and apparently, neither does PKHeX, even though all the data is intact and readable (as far as I can tell). When I try to inject the "corrupt" save (after exporting from PKHeX), it freezes my game as soon as I try to save or open any menus.

I could manually transfer the data over, but I want to make sure I get everything, and things such as Pokedex data take SO long, so if there's a quicker way, I'd love to know.

Other than that, it works fine for me on Alpha Sapphire and Y (although I had to make sure to delete ramsav.bin from AS before exporting with Y, else I'd get glitchy boxes with bad eggs and the like).

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I execute the rssaveout.bin it's everything okay, the ramsave.bin is generated, I edit my save in PKHeX normally, the export of new save also is fine... But the new save isn't importing, my browser crashes but the edited save is not inserted in the game. I tried to delete the cookies and historic, I tried to reedit the save but it was all unsuccessfully. In the older version of PKHeX (that we can just edit the pokémon in boxes) I never had problems. Anyone know how could I solve this?

Hello, and first of all, thank you for the exploit. Your previous pokémon injection exploit has helped my plenty in making 10 or so pokémon.

Now, I first used the save editing exploit with my AS game, and it worked flawlessly. I am trying now to insert a great quantity of pokémon on my OR game (120-130) and the process goes smoothly, until the last part. The browser crashes properly and everything else, but when I enter the game the boxes that should change (Boxes 4-8), they do not show the new pokémon, nor the new items they should have.

This is kind of a problem, and it bugs me that it worked in AS but not in OR.

Should I PM you the save file and wait for an update at PKHeX?

Hello, and first of all, thank you for the exploit. Your previous pokémon injection exploit has helped my plenty in making 10 or so pokémon.

Now, I first used the save editing exploit with my AS game, and it worked flawlessly. I am trying now to insert a great quantity of pokémon on my OR game (120-130) and the process goes smoothly, until the last part. The browser crashes properly and everything else, but when I enter the game the boxes that should change (Boxes 4-8), they do not show the new pokémon, nor the new items they should have.

This is kind of a problem, and it bugs me that it worked in AS but not in OR.

Should I PM you the save file and wait for an update at PKHeX?

Never mind, it worked. Thanks anyway. I just had to put the box in Box 1 instead of 4.

Hello, new here

I have a little question

What's the difference between RAM2Sav and PCEdit?

I mean I want just to edit some ivs of pokemon already on my game

Witch one I have to use?

Thank you and great work

tl;dr it can edit your save file instead of just the Pokemon in your PC

PCEdit can only modify the Pokemon in your PC; while RAM2Sav can do that, and can modify things in your save file such as the multiplayer sprite that appears on the Player Search System, can modify your current/best streaks in the Battle Maison, your bag inventory, wonder cards, etc.

tl;dr it can edit your save file instead of just the Pokemon in your PC

PCEdit can only modify the Pokemon in your PC; while RAM2Sav can do that, and can modify things in your save file such as the multiplayer sprite that appears on the Player Search System, can modify your current/best streaks in the Battle Maison, your bag inventory, wonder cards, etc.

Hi, I too am new to all of this stuff and was told about the ram2sav sfuff (still confused about what it is, I assume its like that powersaves stuff) after I asked about how to recover "corrupted data" on pokemon Y. Will this help me in recovering my lost data or at least help me recover lost pokemon? I assume it probably wont considering you need to be in game for this thing to work, but is there anyway it could help if I am forced to start over? I hate to rebreed or even recover hours of gameplay obtaining rare items such as leftovers etc, all because of some bad luck.

If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. I am goig to glimpse through the other pages for more info on this ram2sav stuff

Hi, I too am new to all of this stuff and was told about the ram2sav sfuff (still confused about what it is, I assume its like that powersaves stuff) after I asked about how to recover "corrupted data" on pokemon Y. Will this help me in recovering my lost data or at least help me recover lost pokemon? I assume it probably wont considering you need to be in game for this thing to work, but is there anyway it could help if I am forced to start over? I hate to rebreed or even recover hours of gameplay obtaining rare items such as leftovers etc, all because of some bad luck.

If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. I am goig to glimpse through the other pages for more info on this ram2sav stuff

Sadly, you need to be ingame for this stuff. You could always try getting a Gateway and use savedatafiler to extract the save without needing to go ingame, then import the fixed save using this method.

Sadly, you need to be ingame for this stuff. You could always try getting a Gateway and use savedatafiler to extract the save without needing to go ingame, then import the fixed save using this method.

Thanks for the response and I thought so, though I was hoping there would be some way to recover my 400 plus hours on my Y...

Just to make this clear for myself and perhaps future lurkers, from my understanding

ram2sav allows you to edit your save file by a series of instructions allowing you to edit the number of items in your bag, pokemon in your box excluding party and the wondercard? Sorry for cluttering the thread, just really upset that I got corrupted data and Im seeking help on how to recover or ways to prevent this from happening in the future.

Which speaking of, In case I want to avoid this in the future, what is the best way to backup your save file if there is any?

I'm still trying work out the fine details for fixing corrupt data myself, since I had it happen on Alpha Sapphire, but if you look up the instructions on this site for decrypting a Powersaves backup for viewing in PKHeX, you can at the very least recover your data. Reinjecting it is what I can't seem to do without it freezing, and hopefully someone like SciresM will have some information on that.

To make the keystream file, you'll need to delete your corrupted save (hold Up + B + X when the game is booting) then get to the main menu (you don't have to start a new game. One the professor shows up, you can quit).

Before you delete your corrupted save, though, make sure to back it up with Powersaves. Yes, unfortunately you'll need to buy Powersaves (RAM2Sav is nothing like Powersaves, FYI), but it's much cheaper than buying a Gateway (which can't be used on 9.3 or 9.4, for the record).

When told to XOR the files, make sure you use the Pokemon Save Decrypter that has been posted on this site. Regular XOR tools won't work.

Then you should be able to open your Y save in PKHeX. Start a new game on Y and get to the point where you can save. Do so, and then you can start injecting stuff. As I said before, though, injecting a corrupted save, even if you've successfully got it in PKHeX, is currently beyond me. I'm sure it's possible with some tweaking, but I don't know what needs tweaking. Hopefully this can be figured out so there's a fairly reliable method to recover corrupted saves in the future.

Thanks for the response and I thought so, though I was hoping there would be some way to recover my 400 plus hours on my Y...

Just to make this clear for myself and perhaps future lurkers, from my understanding

ram2sav allows you to edit your save file by a series of instructions allowing you to edit the number of items in your bag, pokemon in your box excluding party and the wondercard? Sorry for cluttering the thread, just really upset that I got corrupted data and Im seeking help on how to recover or ways to prevent this from happening in the future.

Which speaking of, In case I want to avoid this in the future, what is the best way to backup your save file if there is any?

RAM2Sav allows you to edit the RAM values (changes what's currently stored temporarily, essentially), then when you save the game, the changes are written back to the game (since the RAM is in the 3DS, not the game - if you reset without saving, the changes are gone, since the RAM will be cleared).

Powersaves is currently the most reliable backup method (or Cyber Gadget, if you have a Japanese game).

Doing what I described, you can actually open up both save files next to each other and copy everything manually over. However, to make your new save identical to your corrupted one, it will take a lot of time and effort. It is doable, however. Just a pain in the ass.

I'm still trying work out the fine details for fixing corrupt data myself, since I had it happen on Alpha Sapphire, but if you look up the instructions on this site for decrypting a Powersaves backup for viewing in PKHeX, you can at the very least recover your data. Reinjecting it is what I can't seem to do without it freezing, and hopefully someone like SciresM will have some information on that.

To make the keystream file, you'll need to delete your corrupted save (hold Up + B + X when the game is booting) then get to the main menu (you don't have to start a new game. One the professor shows up, you can quit).

Before you delete your corrupted save, though, make sure to back it up with Powersaves. Yes, unfortunately you'll need to buy Powersaves (RAM2Sav is nothing like Powersaves, FYI), but it's much cheaper than buying a Gateway (which can't be used on 9.3 or 9.4, for the record).

When told to XOR the files, make sure you use the Pokemon Save Decrypter that has been posted on this site. Regular XOR tools won't work.

Then you should be able to open your Y save in PKHeX. Start a new game on Y and get to the point where you can save. Do so, and then you can start injecting stuff. As I said before, though, injecting a corrupted save, even if you've successfully got it in PKHeX, is currently beyond me. I'm sure it's possible with some tweaking, but I don't know what needs tweaking. Hopefully this can be figured out so there's a fairly reliable method to recover corrupted saves in the future.

RAM2Sav allows you to edit the RAM values (changes what's currently stored temporarily, essentially), then when you save the game, the changes are written back to the game (since the RAM is in the 3DS, not the game - if you reset without saving, the changes are gone, since the RAM will be cleared).

Powersaves is currently the most reliable backup method (or Cyber Gadget, if you have a Japanese game).

Doing what I described, you can actually open up both save files next to each other and copy everything manually over. However, to make your new save identical to your corrupted one, it will take a lot of time and effort. It is doable, however. Just a pain in the ass.

Thanks once again on the informative response. Unfortunately i purchased the digital version of pokemon Y so powersaves isnt an option for me. I have no idea why Nintendo doesnt allow you to backup your save data for a game which youre going to put hundreds of hours in.

I might restart the game and look into the inject stuff, thanks again. Ill do my research about ram2sav and utilize it

They DO let you back it up (well, the physical cartridges to digital format, anyway). It's just not super-simple i.e. you can't technically restore the save. If you have a digital version, if I remember correctly, you should still be able to take the save off the SD card and XOR it.

I do recommend not to buy digital 3DS games, anyway, but that's my personal opinion (that they are crap digitally).

They DO let you back it up (well, the physical cartridges to digital format, anyway). It's just not super-simple i.e. you can't technically restore the save. If you have a digital version, if I remember correctly, you should still be able to take the save off the SD card and XOR it.

I do recommend not to buy digital 3DS games, anyway, but that's my personal opinion (that they are crap digitally).

At this point I regret getting digital but what can I do about it, its been more than a year ago and I just learned my lesson. About this XOR you mentioned, Im going to look into that right now

Seems a little wonky when it comes to X/Y, or at least just Y.....nothing shows up in my party or my boxes when I load up ramsav.bin, and I`m certain I`ve caught a few Pokemon already, and trying to access the trainer info thing gives me this error: http://imgur.com/o56o7fO

Should I just try again?

I have a similar problem. When I load my ramsav.bin and I try to access to the "OT/Misk" window of any pokemon in the PC, PKHex returns this error:

Captura de pantalla 2015-02-01 a las 2.15.29.png

Is this because of my version of OR is not supported? I'm using a spanish OR version.

EDIT1: Ok, I have just repeated the process and now it works like a charm! :biggrin:

EDIT2: I was wrong. It worked the second time that I tried it, but I'm trying to edit my sav another time and I'm having the same problem one and another time. I have tried to dump the sav about 10 times, and always that green screen is shown the ramsav.bin make PkHex crash when I open the "OT/Misk" tab of any pokemon. However, when it worked fine the green screen wasn't shown, and another time that it wasn't shown I have achieved to open the "OT/Misk" tab, but the OT was shown with extrange characters, I have attached an image with this case:

Captura de pantalla 2015-02-01 a las 16.52.27.png

I think that something is wrong in the dumping process related to any characters, probably accented characters (My OT is Víctor with "í")

583dd0280da02_Capturadepantalla2015-02-0

583dd0283eb6e_Capturadepantalla2015-02-0

Edited by bikthor

I must admit, I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if my game file was not supported, but I found a workaround.

I am using a Nintendo 3DS XL with update 9.2

When I export my save file as ramsave.bin, and try to run the program, nothing happens and my edits do not appear.

However, if I delete my original ramsav.bin file and rename the exported file ramsav.bin, and then go to to http://bit.ly/1Caycho to run rsavin.bin, it works. It's odd, but at least it works!

Thank you for making this tool!

Alright, so I got my ramsav.bin exported and edited to my liking, but I've tried a few times to import it back into my game, and for some reason the game doesn't accept the changes. The boxes are the same as before. I've tried clearing history/cookies, and initializing the save data in the web browser, but still nothing. I'm getting the green screen from the site, and the crash, so it should be going right.