RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great program! :)

Btw, is anyone able to edit their play time counter? It doesn't work with my AS. :/

Values that are actively being changed (such as playtime, which is always being updated) are unlikely to be modifiable via this method.

As already answered.

Amazing. So much progress in so little time you have made, Scires. So, do these two programs basically do the same decrypt/re-encrypt that Powersaves does? And, while your hard work is much appreciated, what really sets this apart from injecting one box at a time? I get that I will be able to insert all my desired pokemon in at once but...will PKHeX ever be able to edit save info other than boxes/ribbons/memories, etc. ?

Amazing. So much progress in so little time you have made, Scires. So, do these two programs basically do the same decrypt/re-encrypt that Powersaves does? And, while your hard work is much appreciated, what really sets this apart from injecting one box at a time? I get that I will be able to insert all my desired pokemon in at once but...will PKHeX ever be able to edit save info other than boxes/ribbons/memories, etc. ?

No, this just dumps the savedata from the RAM of the open game, heh. I should look into decryption, though.

PKHeX can edit any documented aspect of the save with this. Trainer information, Pokedex, Secret Base, Hall of Fame -- it's all editable.

Newest PKHeX (01-29-15) should allow the user to not have to do that, but that is the correct user-side solution ;)

whoa! another update.. you guys seems pretty fast doing things like this..:grog:

with this update doing this injection trough ram is much more easier!

thanks!

After successfully having the browser crash the first time after running rsavout, I have an issue. I put the SD card back into my PC but I seem to only have the same two files (rsavin and rsavout) in my folder and both are "unsupported" by PKHex...

I tried redownloading the latest version of it and redoing the entire process but I just can't figure out what I'm doinig wrong D: It tells me to open ramsav.bin in PKHex but I see no such file anywhere.. :/]

Any help please?

PAL OR here, can't seem to get a ramsav.bin whatever I do...

- I am in game, my character is in a pokemon center

- My browser has been reinitialized

- The only files/folders on the root are : DCIM, Nintendo 3DS, rsavin.bin, rsavout.bin

- The browser crashes, but no green/red screen

- No ramsav.bin on the sd card after the browser crashed

Pokemon and Box injection did work though, so I'm not in dire need of this, but I'd like to know why this doesn't work...

No, this just dumps the savedata from the RAM of the open game, heh. I should look into decryption, though.

PKHeX can edit any documented aspect of the save with this. Trainer information, Pokedex, Secret Base, Hall of Fame -- it's all editable.

Ah ok. I never got to work with a more complete save with PKHeX before, mainly because of that encryption. I look forward to unlocking all pokedex entries, since datel chooses not to do it with their code -_- .

Is there any possibility of Nintendo patching any of these injection methods? Also, will it become possible to use these methods on the new 3DS/XL, in the future?

Yes, they will. But you don't have to update. You should be able to update your game without updating your firmware. They will become available eventually.

Hi everyone. First off I want to say the work gone into this project is amazing. A big thanks to all involved in making this possible.

I do have a question which I have not been able to find. Is it possible to use PKhex to edit pokemon encounters so I can catch any pokemon of my choosing? Also can I also edit the SV of these/all wild pokemon? I would love to increase the rate that shiny pkm appear but it doesn't seem possible from my initial search on PKhex.

Btw I do know I can edit/inject any pokemon but I only want to do this if I have no other choice.

Hey, FYI SciresM & Kaphotics

I've just managed to get my save file of pokemon OR from my 2DS which runs on v7.2.0-16U

I also managed to insert edited save file back to it.

I'm going to try this to my pokemon X..

And will update this

Sadly it's not working on my Pokemon X..

Whenever I try running rsavout.bin with my Alpha Sapphire cart, it generates a ramsav.bin file with 0 bytes. Therefore, PKHeX can't open it.

Am I doing something wrong? I already tried deleting browser history and cookies.

EDIT: I even tried "initalize save data" at the browser, but nothing. Still the same error.

Whenever I try running rsavout.bin with my Alpha Sapphire cart, it generates a ramsav.bin file with 0 bytes. Therefore, PKHeX can't open it.

Am I doing something wrong? I already tried deleting browser history and cookies.

EDIT: I even tried "initalize save data" at the browser, but nothing. Still the same error.

Is your SD card write protected? There's a physical switch on the side of the card.