Web Browser RAM-based Box Import/Export code

Is it possible to set this up to run different code.bin files (different names obviously) or load boxes with different names depending on the code on the site to launch the exploit? I was thinking it'd be cool to be able to have different boxes saved and a way to choose between them. That way you could load up different boxes without having to take out the SD card constantly.

Thanks for the work you've put into this.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to set this up to run different code.bin files (different names obviously) or load boxes with different names depending on the code on the site to launch the exploit? I was thinking it'd be cool to be able to have different boxes saved and a way to choose between them. That way you could load up different boxes without having to take out the SD card constantly.

Thanks for the work you've put into this.

Use RAM2sav instead, edit everything you wish (including other things in the Save Data).

^^

Or if you don't have PokeBank, check the "Is Egg" option then hatch it yourself. The hatched 'mon will register in the PokeDex. Just tried it myself. :)

Hello there, how do you generate the egg for pkhex? i checked the "Is Egg" option already but it just gives me a bad egg. What should i modify for the pokemon? :(

Hello there, how do you generate the egg for pkhex? i checked the "Is Egg" option already but it just gives me a bad egg. What should i modify for the pokemon? :(

At the Main tab, I checked the "Is Egg" option. Set "Hatch Counter" to 1. Nickname is "Egg" with the check mark.

At the Met tab, I chose the "Origin Game" [i set mine to X], set "Met Location" to "(None)". Chose desired ball. "Met Level" at 1. Left "Met Date" at 1/1/2000 (*default).

The game will set the "Met Location" and "Met Date" for you when the egg hatches.

At the lower part of the tab, ensure that the "Is Egg" option. Location is "Day Care helpers". Set Date as somewhere between when the Origin Game was released and today.

That's pretty much what I did. :)

Actually, you really do not want to "max" your PokeDex. If you had any experience with cheating in Gen V, you may have been one of the many who fell prey to that fool action and were blocked from some internet-based services, such as the Dream World. As yet, there isn't anything that checks it. YET. If you want, it's fine to fill your Dex custom, but keep all illegal entries blank. They are easy to find out, via Serebii and/or Bulbapedia.

Save File Dumping and Injection is available here.

This requires you use a 3ds on system nand 9.0-9.5. You CANNOT use any other firmware, nor a new nintendo 3ds, nor a 3ds on 9.x emunand.

If it isn't working, please clear your browser history and cookies and try again.

Please do not discuss Pokemon legality help in this thread. The place for that is here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-Pok%E9mon-Legality

This is a version of my pokemon injector (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44551-Web-Browser-RAM-based-Pokemon-Injection-for-XY-and-ORAS) that imports and exports an entire box at a time.

You can see the single pokemon injector in action action here:

Instructions:

1. Download code.bin from the bottom of this post and put it at the root of your 3ds's SD card.

2. Using PKHeX (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?36986-PKHeX-(Gen-6-SAV-PKX-Editor)), toggle box interface on in the tools menu. Optionally, you can drop a box2dump.bin (generated by the program) into PKHeX to preload a box from your save file. Make all the edits to a box you want, then go to the Tools tab, hit "Save Box Data++", and then hit NO to save your current box. Save the resulting file as "boxdata.bin", and copy it to your SD card. (An example boxdata.bin is included with the download).

45G0fX8.png

3. On your 3ds, open up the game you want to inject to. Make sure you don't have anything in Box 1 that you're not willing to overwrite.

4. Close your boxes in-game, open your web browser, and go to http://loadcode.projectpokemon.org -- After the web browser crashes, open up your game and imported box data will be written to box 1.

5. Running the code will write "box2dump.bin" to your SD card -- this is a copy of everything in your second box, and you can open it with the latest PKHeX.

Source: http://pastebin.com/XErzam00

Frequently Asked Questions

> What's the root directory? The Root directory of your SD card is the base folder. C: \ is the root of the C Drive, etc.

> What is emunand? Am I on Sysnand or Emunand? If you have to ask this question and/or don't know what either of those words mean, you are on Sysnand and this will work.

> The exploit isn't working! When I run it, nothing happens, and I don't have an injectiondebug.bin! Clear your 3ds browser's cache/cookies. Scroll down to the bottom of settings and hit "Initialize Save Data", then try again.

> What does this work on? This works on Old 3ds and old 3ds XL firmwares 9.0-9.4.

> When do I trigger this? Load the website in the 3ds browser AFTER opening the game.

> I didn't get a pokedex entry for any of the pokemon I injected! This is normal. If you want the dex entry, put the pokemon into pokebank and then take it out.

Download:

So ive tried multiple times letting the browser crash and going to the two websites while having the pcin and pcout on the root of the sd card and the pcdata file isnt there can someone please help me preferably email me Krazymonkey454@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

@sam040112

Perhaps, perhaps not.

The N3DS browser is very different from the 3DS browser and doesn't have the same security flaw through which these scripts can run. It's all up to endless testing and/or luck for someone to find a similar exploitable flaw in the N3DS browser.

Sorry, let me rephrase better his question. Could Nintendo potentially block access to the browser if you didn't update to a newer system firmware? This would have to be a system firmware and not some simple Eshop patch thing as you say.

Back in the early days of the 3DS, the browser, although present on the console needed to be unlocked via a system firmware update. It was unusable otherwise. I wonder if the same thing couldn't be done to potentially block hackers? Render the browser unusable until you update to later firmware and voilà, no more exploits! It's a good question.

I don't want to lose RAM2sav...

Oh yeah they definitely can fix the security hole through which the exploit works with an update. Between the start and the current date there was even an update (9.5) though that didn't fix it. As long as you refrain from updating until testers (most often people with 2 consoles) have given the green light on updating you're good. Since you always have to confirm to update you have nothing to fear.

As to that question: No, the browser works independently of the NNID and e-shop. The only way it would be blocked would be if they released a system update that fixes it. Which is unlikely, unless it is found to be a weakpoint for piracy, or something else that is a major problem comes up.

Oh yeah they definitely can fix the security hole through which the exploit works with an update. Between the start and the current date there was even an update (9.5) though that didn't fix it. As long as you refrain from updating until testers (most often people with 2 consoles) have given the green light on updating you're good. Since you always have to confirm to update you have nothing to fear.

I was talking about something more on along the lines of an obligatory system update without which you would be blocked from the browser. Not updating wouldn't fix your problem since the browser would still be locked anyways without the proper firmware in the same way as the Eshop was rendered unusable unless on firmware 9.5. In other words I was wondering whether Nintendo could just simply block the browser and in doing so, thoroughly stop the use of spider3dstools.

As to that question: No, the browser works independently of the NNID and e-shop. The only way it would be blocked would be if they released a system update that fixes it. Which is unlikely, unless it is found to be a weakpoint for piracy, or something else that is a major problem comes up.

Yes exactly. That's what I thought too. And as you probably are aware, it is kind of a weak point for piracy. It remains to be seen whether the Big N will catch on... Hopefully not.

I was talking about something more on along the lines of an obligatory system update without which you would be blocked from the browser. Not updating wouldn't fix your problem since the browser would still be locked anyways without the proper firmware in the same way as the Eshop was rendered unusable unless on firmware 9.5. In other words I was wondering whether Nintendo could just simply block the browser and in doing so, thoroughly stop the use of spider3dstools.

Eshop and online functions are blocked if you don't have the latest firmware, but this is only possible because Nintendo servers only accept console on the latest firmware. To be able to do the same with 3DS's browser they would need it to proxify everything through Nintendo servers, which is very unlikely as it would be a huge privacy issue for the user.

Nintendo made a huge flaw in the way their browser is designed, and maybe they will fix it (I'm not a dev or something, but I thought permissions management was not thought ahead in the first place). Or they will just focus on the new3ds system now...

If you updated, then the main known way for non-Japanese systems is blocked.

The only sure-to-work known way for non-pirated games is Cyber Editor, which is Japan-region games only.

So, you either have to:

-Learn to breed like the majority of players do (which is now SO easy it's somewhat embarrassing that people go to such lengths to cheat instead; they would have finished all their breeding long before the cheat method was discovered)

-wait for a future exploit (Theoretical, but possible; but odds are that you'll have been able to breed everything into a perfect 6xIV before then.)

-Obtain an additional 3DS that is already on a compatible firmware and never update it, using it exclusively as a cheating system (the easiest way to go, I guess, and with a used one it should really cost about the same or less than the worst option...)

-Import Japanese console+game+Cyber Editor (which would give you access to a bunch of other games that do not/will not have overseas release; and an incentive to learn a great language)

-Piracy (for those who simply don't care about laws, supporting the producers/company, etc, and just want to cheat and hack their way to their small gaming victory)

how easy, exactly?

As easy as it is to look up a youtube video with a breeding guide. It's in all honesty basic knowledge for competitive battling / flawless pokemon collection. If neither of these are for you, then you most likely do not have any use of this.

• 4 weeks later...