PCEdit - Full PC Dumping and Injection for X/Y/OR/AS

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, since a few days i have been trying to use this method, but i can´t use it.

I don´t update my 3ds , i always can do it in this 3ds, but now no matter how many times i try it, it doesn´t work.

Could you please help me?

I have the same problem. It always worked for me with a 2DS that I never updated since I use PCEdit for ORAS. It worked well this Monday. I tried to clear history and cookies, even erase the browser's data, but it doesn't work anymore.

After using pcout, i get a data named: ramsav.bin

but i cant open this data with pkhex:

Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.

File Loaded: F:\ramsav.bin

File Size: 524288 bytes (0x80000)

Edit: I use the older Version of pkhex, now i can edit my savefile again.

When i try using pcin, nothing happen. No green or red screen.

I use the RAM2Sav files on my SD Card (https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44618-RAM2Sav-Save-File-Dumping-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS)

And the new short URLs.

Hello everyone,

sorry to post on this thread but I have the samae problem.

I'm using a 3DS non updated version (9.5.0-22E) and I also use the browser injection.

When I go to http://lunarcookies.github.io/loadcode.html#pcout.bin ramsav.bin file is not been created nor updated (if one is present).

Am I missing something?

I used for several months the other shorturls but they are not working since late february.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue as Kasayu and I've been searching everywhere a solution to this, the document ramsav.bin can't be open by PKHeX (3/26/16) and says:

Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.

File Loaded: Framsav.bin

File Size: 524288 bytes (0x80000)

Can anyone help me with this?

PKHeX no longer supports ramsav files. Switch over to homebrew, or use your old executable.

Hi,

So I was using this in the past and had it working with no issues whatsoever, I went to use it this weekend and when loading PC OUT I kept getting a communication error, so my data is being dumped to the SD card.

Does anyone know if this still works or is here something wrong with my set up?

I have a spare 3DS which I never upgraded precisely so I could keep using this so I am not sure why it would stop working all of a sudden

Thanks

Use homebrew.

My old 3DS doesn't have any of the required apps/games for homebrew to work and I don't want to update to use the eShop to download them since I still want to have an alternative solution to inject mons into my game in case homebrew doesn't work for me. Are there any other solutions that don't require using the eShop?

My old 3DS doesn't have any of the required apps/games for homebrew to work and I don't want to update to use the eShop to download them since I still want to have an alternative solution to inject mons into my game in case homebrew doesn't work for me. Are there any other solutions that don't require using the eShop?

Homebrew can be launched using browserhax, same method as dumping pcdata/ramsavs.

Homebrew can be launched using browserhax, same method as dumping pcdata/ramsavs.

Just tried it out. I was able to get to the homebrew channel once but now I can't get back into it anymore. The screen changes from yellow, to orange, stays orange for a few seconds until force quitting me back to the home menu. I've tried clearing cookies cache and initializing save data each time but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Is this supposed to happen?

Edit: yellow to gray then to orange. sorry

Keep doing it. Or, turn off wireless and go to the browserhax page. Bookmark it, press the home button to enter home menu, turn on wireless. Go back to the browser and the hax should load upon entry. The idea is to make that load first and immediately upon entry, you get a higher chance of it working.

Just did the steps you stated. I can get in at a higher rate now. Thanks for all your help

• 1 month later...
Where do I download "Homebrew" ?

and how do I use it ?

someone please help me :( , I really want to learn how to use this "Homebrew" you guys speak of. I wanna be able to keep hacking my pokies :S

"Homebrew" refers to the homebrew browser channel, which is accessible through The Homebrew Launcher.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

If you are up to 10.3 in firmware, you can access it (after putting the necessary files in your SD card) via browserhax and menuhax, the latter would require a prior entry like browserhax. Also carts can get you in: Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (the latter two can go along with a Powersaves for HB entry, though I don't know the details of that). If you are over 10.3, such as 10.7 and the latest firmware, your only option is the carts. Cubic Ninja is the most well known and developed option out of the carts, and for a few months now, its price has been slashed, and even obtainable via Gamestop nowadays.

If you're on 9.2 firmware, it's better to use a CFW. I would go into more detail, but first thing to settle, what firmware are you on?

"Homebrew" refers to the homebrew browser channel, which is accessible through The Homebrew Launcher.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

If you are up to 10.3 in firmware, you can access it (after putting the necessary files in your SD card) via browserhax and menuhax, the latter would require a prior entry like browserhax. Also carts can get you in: Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (the latter two can go along with a Powersaves for HB entry, though I don't know the details of that). If you are over 10.3, such as 10.7 and the latest firmware, your only option is the carts. Cubic Ninja is the most well known and developed option out of the carts, and for a few months now, its price has been slashed, and even obtainable via Gamestop nowadays.

If you're on 9.2 firmware, it's better to use a CFW. I would go into more detail, but first thing to settle, what firmware are you on?

I never updated my 3ds, but I can update it if needed to