PCEdit - Full PC Dumping and Injection for X/Y/OR/AS

What if i update the game on an updated 3DS and then i use the last patched ORAS cartridge on a not updated 3DS i only use to run this exploit? Will i be able to run PCedit?

Game updates are stored on the console's SD card. When inserted in your non-updated 3DS, it will say that your game needs an update. You cannot use both online and web injection at the same time (you need a 3DS below 9.5.0-23 for injections and an up-to-date 3DS for online).

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot i will be trying these out now!

EDIT: the new links for PC IN & OUT work fine. Thanks again!

This fix worked for me for the last week but today it wouldn't crash the browser.

The page loads fine and displays "RUNNING EXPLOIT" but the browser doesn't crash anymore.

Deleted history and cookies. Not updated either.

Any ideas? I understand I'm one of the lucky ones and have been using this technique a lot longer than most other users. Is this the end of my lucky streak?

Greetings!

Been looking through the posts and tried various methods the last couple of days.

But no matter what I try, I can't seem to get the "data.bin" on my SD card.

I do as told

Pcin & Pcout in SDcard.

Open game

Open web browser

Clear history & cookies.

Write the bit.ly adress.

It crashes as it should, but when I check it the data aint there.

Downloaded the newst pcin & pcout.

Using Pokemon Y. (NOT updated to the newest update)

Using a 3DS with Firmware 9.4.0-6E.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

The file you should get with this method is "pcdata.bin". Do other injections work (ramsav, boxdata, wonder cards,...) ?

Make sure you don't use the pcin link for pcout file and pcout link for pcin and try using the long URLs. Also, you can try using this link to load any .bin file : http://lunarcookies.github.io/loadcode.html, just add "#name_of_the_file.bin" at the end to load any .bin file. (You can do the same by adding "&name_of_the_file.bin" at the end of the long URL : http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat

If no technique works, then I've read lately that some had troubles with 9.4.0 firmwares. The exploit does not seem to work correctly on many 9.4.0 firmwares below -20, maybe your -6 doesn't work either :/

Checked the .bin files and I'm a hundred percent sure that I didn't do anything wrong there.

Tried the other URLs aswell, and even tried to rename them a couple of times.

Still no luck...

I'll try to get my hands on a 3DS with 9.2 and then try again!

Anyway. Thanks for the help :)

Aaaaahhhh, I just hate myself for updating my 3ds, now I cant use this amazing program, hope this still works for 9.6, Ugghhh, I hate myself

It doesn't still work, as it says in the message at the top of every page of the forum and countless times in this and the other RAM exploit threads. The 3DS came out in February 2011, and X and Y in October 2013, and it's took this long to find an exploit. Once an exploit is patched, that's it. It's gone. Exploits are not supposed to exist. Until someone finds another, basically by trial and error, you're out of luck.

It doesn't still work, as it says in the message at the top of every page of the forum and countless times in this and the other RAM exploit threads. The 3DS came out in February 2011, and X and Y in October 2013, and it's took this long to find an exploit. Once an exploit is patched, that's it. It's gone. Exploits are not supposed to exist. Until someone finds another, basically by trial and error, you're out of luck.
It's gone until five more are found and sold to Chinese pirates by a bunch of holier-than-thou morons who pretend to be anti-piracy but work with people like Gateway and stuff, yeah.

Then maybe if anyone's lucky, one seeps through that common folk can use.

At least it's better than the Vita hacking scene, which consists of a neverending process of emulating the stupid PSP instead of people trying to make progress.

It's gone until five more are found and sold to Chinese pirates by a bunch of holier-than-thou morons who pretend to be anti-piracy but work with people like Gateway and stuff, yeah.

Then maybe if anyone's lucky, one seeps through that common folk can use.

At least it's better than the Vita hacking scene, which consists of a neverending process of emulating the stupid PSP instead of people trying to make progress.

Haters gonna hate... If you want to critize the 3DS hackers, at least come with a better idea. And if you want to accuse them (or anyone), you need proofs of what you're saying, though I didn't really understand what was your point there. Otherwise you're just bullshit.

Haters gonna hate... If you want to critize the 3DS hackers, at least come with a better idea. And if you want to accuse them (or anyone), you need proofs of what you're saying, though I didn't really understand what was your point there. Otherwise you're just bullshit.
You mean aside from the fact that Gateway has on more than one occasion given "credit" (aka a paycheck) to some 3DS hackers?

Smealum is in it for money and publicity, hence why he's never publicly released anything useful he's found. He'll overhype [insert random "homebrew" exploit] to kingdom come though, and delay its release for even more publicity.

Or how everyone is so holier than thou and has a "backupz iz teh devul" mentality.

DS/PSP days were so much better. People actually released their work so it wasn't a circlejerk of reinventing what the other guy claimed to have done. People also weren't afraid of backup loaders.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Reader,

I can't get pcdata.bin i have a "old" 3DS XL (no C-stick).

so first I open Pokemon Omega Ruby go to the part where i'm in a pokemon center.

i click home button and go to internet browser and type in the URL.

browser crashes and i turn off the 3DS.

i put the SD card in my laptop but no pcdata.bin (only the pcin.bin and pcout.bin)

So I have a 3DS XL (no c-stick) with firmware Version 9.2.0-9E and having a original pokemon Omega Ruby.

what did I do wrong or why it doesn't work?

I tried everything, deleting cookies and history, wifi on/off trick.

please help

yours sincerely,

MACM

Dear Reader,

I can't get pcdata.bin i have a "old" 3DS XL (no C-stick).

so first I open Pokemon Omega Ruby go to the part where i'm in a pokemon center.

i click home button and go to internet browser and type in the URL.

browser crashes and i turn off the 3DS.

i put the SD card in my laptop but no pcdata.bin (only the pcin.bin and pcout.bin)

So I have a 3DS XL (no c-stick) with firmware Version 9.2.0-9E and having a original pokemon Omega Ruby.

what did I do wrong or why it doesn't work?

I tried everything, deleting cookies and history, wifi on/off trick.

please help

yours sincerely,

MACM

If you still have a 9.2 3DS what you can do is:

- Downgrade it to 4.5 via Gateway launcher (you dont have to have the Gateway card to do this.)

- Use PBT-CFW to install the 7.1-9.2 browser cia.

- Update it again to 9.2 via SSB.

This way u will have the correct firmware and browser to execute the exploit. (firmware will still shows -9 because some auxiliary file is not updated)

Tested working with ram2sav, but the game wont save. (another user reported it saves for him/her)

Tested working with PCEdit and the game saves fine no problem.

If you still have a 9.2 3DS what you can do is:

- Downgrade it to 4.5 via Gateway launcher (you dont have to have the Gateway card to do this.)

- Use PBT-CFW to install the 7.1-9.2 browser cia.

- Update it again to 9.2 via SSB.

This way u will have the correct firmware and browser to execute the exploit. (firmware will still shows -9 because some auxiliary file is not updated)

Tested working with ram2sav, but the game wont save. (another user reported it saves for him/her)

Tested working with PCEdit and the game saves fine no problem.

Also someone said Pokemon XY & ORAS updated atleast ver 1.3 to latest. To able do this Pcedit ram2sav and qr

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I could really use some help.

I was finally able to get the pcdata file after going to the dukesrg.com website instead of the bit.ly link. The problem is that after I got the pcdata file I can't open it in the pkHex

So made sure that I was updated to the latest version of pkHex, I even redownloaded it. I don't know what to do next.

Hi, i have just bought a 2DS running 7.2

I have used smash bros to update to 8.1.0-14e

Is there a game that installs firmware between v9 and 9.5.0-22?

Edited by THO
typo

Question, I got my pcdata.bin from Omega Ruby, Can i Pc in it at Alpha Saphhire? will it ruin my game? trainner name, item cash and so on so on?

That should work fine as long as it is just pcdata.bin

I used the same pcdata.bin for Omega Ruby and Y

Some of the items that weren't in Y simply disappeared but that wont be the case with OR to AS

Kind of noobish question: I am using gateway...can someone tell me what I have to do?

I start pokemon Alpha Sapphire until I can see Brendan, then I press the home button...after that I follow the rest of the instructions and go to internet browser and from there I visit pcout's url through a bookmark. It then displays that it is loading but it actually stops there...actually I think that it freezes.

What should I do?

My FW is version 9.0 btw...and I am using gateway as I mentioned earlier...

Please help!

Edited by Last_Word

Kind of noobish question: I am using gateway...can someone tell me what I have to do?

I start pokemon Alpha Sapphire until I can see Brendan, then I press the home button...after that I follow the rest of the instructions and go to internet browser and from there I visit pcout's url through a bookmark. It then displays that it is loading but it actually stops there...actually I think that it freezes.

What should I do?

My FW is version 9.0 btw...and I am using gateway as I mentioned earlier...

Please help!

Why are you pressing the home button when you see Brendan? This is live RAM editing, effectively changing your save file while the game is running, so you actually need to be in-game and not on the title screen.

HOW TO USE

1. Copy pcin.bin and pcout.bin onto your 9.X 3DS(no emunand/no new 3ds(the one with the C-stick)) SD card.

2. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame.

3. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

4. Go to http://bit.ly/1yRUulB(http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&pcout.bin) to run pcout.bin.

5. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

6. Power down the 3ds.

7. Take out your SD card and put it in the PC.

8. Open pcdata.bin in PKHex.

9. Go to Tool -> Toggle Box Interface

10. Edit to your desire.

11. Export pcdata.bin with the Save Box Data++ under the Tools tab.

12. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame.

13. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

14. Go to http://bit.ly/1JpcyGT(http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&pcin.bin) to run pcin.bin.

15. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

16. Check your PC.

Video Tutorial

[video=youtube;a98gO9kYF7I]

And since you've got a Gateway card, why not just use SaveDataFiler?