Guide to generating legal pokemon?

Adezu

So, if you haven't heard the news, we can now directly inject pokemon into XY and ORAS with just a 3DS within the correct versions and an SD Card reader. All info on that here.

I've got it working but all pokemon I try to inject output as bad eggs. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with the pokemon, so are there any guides to creating legit pokemon from scratch in PKHeX? I could only find ones for other pokemon generators for Gen V and earlier.

Here's an example of something I'm trying to inject. What's the issue with it?

Thanks in advance!

So, if you haven't heard the news, we can now directly inject pokemon into XY and ORAS with just a 3DS within the correct versions and an SD Card reader. All info on that here.

I've got it working but all pokemon I try to inject output as bad eggs. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with the pokemon, so are there any guides to creating legit pokemon from scratch in PKHeX? I could only find ones for other pokemon generators for Gen V and earlier.

Here's an example of something I'm trying to inject. What's the issue with it?

Thanks in advance!

You're going to want to move this over to the thread in Save R&D. The issue, to the best of my knowledge, is that you're not properly saving the file as a .ekx. Kaphotics updated PKHeX to make this easier - just select "All Files" in the file type, and type ".ekx" at the end.

Also how are you trying to inject the mons

Check out SciresM's thread in Save R&D that's currently blowing up. It's actually pretty wonderful.

Edit: Dang it Kaphotics beat me to it.

As far as the actual question of Genning Legal Pokemon, that's not too hard, assuming you are making them hatched/caught in Gen VI. If from gen V, then some more homework is needed, and if from Gen III/IV, then a fair bit may be needed, such as learning PID rules.

Main things to remember:

-Research your legal Moves (especially if you want a move that is only available in a past generation, this can get icky thanks to origin data and PID)

-Check if your Hidden Ability is legally available

-ORIGIN DATA MATTERS (Game obtained in, at what level, where in-game it was caught/hatched, what Balls it can be obtained in, etc).

-Egg data is basically: Set to Day Care Couple (location you got the egg itself). Only matters if it was 'hatched'.

-Shiny legality (for those that can't be)

-Amie memories (doesn't matter... yet, but may need it set on something other than the default)

-IV doesn't matter, unless it's Gen III/IV origin, in which case... not-fun research.

That's the most of it. Basically, just common sense and not ignoring any part, while doing your research on everything. In a number of ways: Breeding would be easier, just longer. (Especially thanks to the breeding mechanics as they are now)

I was able to migrate an edited Clefairy from Gen III over, first using A-Save to edit it and generate the PID, then move it to Gen IV to edit its IVs (you could do it on A-Save) on Pokegen, then to Gen V for Poketransferring, which is a less embarrassing way to check for legality, the alternative would be actually trading with someone and getting that "pokemon that can't leave your party" message. Research helps a lot, but also having legit pokemon already helps if you want to gen someone a legal form of said pokemon. Last night, I struggled creating an HA Lugia, but used the one I caught in Dream Radar, realizing what went wrong.

I got some questions.

Are there plans in the future to use the same web exploit to export pokémons from the game to the sd card? I don't know if that's possible, but I consider editing currently existing pokémons to yield better results. Specially, since I want them to have my current TID and SID.

Is there any pkx database where you can get stuff such as wish chansey-kangaskhan in pkx without it being considered illegal? Even the one I had traded for in 5th gen didn't pass the bank... and I don't want illegal pokes in my gen 6 games, I would even be 100% legit if it wasn't for the fact that people are using that stuff that's only obtainable by hacking really (wish chansey, etc).

Does the PID reroll take in count all the factors that make it legal? The PID and SID, etc. Are the different PID generation methods included? It surprises me how fast the PIDs are generated even tho pokégen did take a fair while to find the correct PIDs for certain characteristics (specially the shinnyness according to the PID and the SID).

And finally, and I hope I won't be offending anyone with this... any plans to retake the pokécheck project? Specially now that there are unofficial servers to retrieve wifi functions for dsi and former.

Oh, and last but not least, does this allow to add the injected pokémons to the pokédex?

Edit: for the last question, I guess it doesn't really matter because I could just pokébank the hacked pokes and load them back to add them to the dex.

You can already use the web exploit to view all 31 boxes in PkHex, edit them, and re-inject.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?44561-PCEdit-Full-PC-Dumping-and-Injection-for-X-Y-OR-AS

Marry me under the full moon.

Quick question -- Do you have to reroll the PID every time you make changes?

As far as I know, editing IVs and natures don't affect the PID, or at least they didn't do in 5th gen.