Web Browser RAM-based Pokemon Injection for XY and ORAS.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a O3DS unit with firmware 4.2..Can someone tell me how to update it to 9.2?

Update to 9.2 won't be possible but I think you can do some magic with .cia's to install newer browser version or whatnot, as well as by utilizing emunand. I'm not at all experienced in that field so I can't really say much more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble Genning using QR Codes right now. I haven't updated my 2DS in like, 9 Months. I've been recently attempting to Gen but for some strange reason, everytime it brings me to the browser it dosen't crash and back out to the menu like it's supposed to. It stays on the "Injecting" page. Could y'all help a guy out please? c:

I'm having trouble Genning using QR Codes right now. I haven't updated my 2DS in like, 9 Months. I've been recently attempting to Gen but for some strange reason, everytime it brings me to the browser it dosen't crash and back out to the menu like it's supposed to. It stays on the "Injecting" page. Could y'all help a guy out please? c:

Try this. But if you want an alternative way here is the last message on the PCEdit post from supercarrotte. Also very very hard to find indeed.

These mirror links load any .bin file you want, just add #name_of_the_file.bin at the end of the URL (default is code.bin).

Another kind of mirror link : http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&rsavout.bin / http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&rsavin.bin (like the one above, just add &anything.bin at the end to load whichever file you want, default is code.bin)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using an older 3ds, version 9.2.0-12u with browser version 1.7552. When I follow the instructions, everything works until I go into my pc and there is no pokemon that has been generated. I'm using an Omega Ruby cartridge version 1.4, but I also use this cartridge on an up to date 3ds XL. Any ideas on how to get this to work would be appreciated!

Injection was patched by the latest pokemon update, which I think is the 1.4. Anyway, try deleting the update on your old firmware console (you can't play online anyway), it's in your console's parameters in something called "memory management" or like so.

I tried doing this, and I was able to delete the DLC patch 1.4 from the cartridge, however I was still unable to generate a pokemon. I have the code.bin and the sample pokemon.ekx file in the root of the sd card but when I go to loadcode.projectpokemon.org, it still doesn't generate a pokemon when I return in-game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I made a milotic and everything saved it as a ekx file, it turned in to a ek6 so i changed it back. Then I put it into my 3ds and open OR the went into the browser and did the loadcode url. And its stuck on a black screen saying "LoadCode loading..." and its been like that for 15 minutes until I gave up. Any idea whats happening and how to fix it?

Thanks a ton

-kosmic

• 2 weeks later...
It won't because you need to update to 9.6 in order to download the game update, which patches the web browser. Moreover, this update patches the injection in-game, which means even if you install it without upgrading your firmware this will not work.

This is fascinating. Does this mean this technique won't work with Sun and Moon (assuming they're reusing the X,Y,ORAS engine) even if we're using 3DS's with firmware 9.5.0-22 or lower? What did they change exactly with the patch? If people are getting bad eggs, that means the RAM edit took effect, but we just didn't get the desired result.

EDIT: I figured with Regionthree, we can bypass the forced firmware update that will likely come with future games, but I didn't think an in-game update could stop this, at least permanently. Wouldn't one just have to edit different sections of the game's RAM?

• 1 month later...
  • evandixon unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...